Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue (15359 Views)

Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression / Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything / Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians Over FIFA Sanction, Reveals Why Abdullahi Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by browniecay: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2016
Ex-Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue has told the Daily Telegraph his one-year ban from football following a contractual dispute with a former agent has left him feeling suicidal.

Eboue, 33, was suspended by FIFA from all football activities in March due to the disagreement with his representative and immediately had his contract with Sunderland terminated despite having signed for the club earlier in the month.
Since then the former Ivory Coast international has been restricted to training with a semi-professional player he met in London in a bid to stay fit while he serves his ban.

Even once Eboue’s ban is served, however, he may still not be permitted to return to football activity until he has settled a debt with his old agent Sebastien Boisseau, reported to be in the region of £1 million. “There are a lot of days when I don’t feel like getting out of bed,” Eboue, whose grandfather and brother both passed away in October, said. “One day I wanted to kill myself. My family keep me strong, it’s them that I have to think about but if I was alone, I worry about what I’d have done to myself by now.

“There are times when I stay in my bedroom and don’t come out. One, two days in that room alone. I lock the door and I’m just thinking. I spend a lot of my time reading the Bible and will say, ‘Emmanuel, why are you doing that? It’s no good for your family.’

“My son Mathis is seven and plays for Arsenal’s academy. Every time I go there with him people ask me what’s going on and it makes it worse. ‘Emmanuel, have you retired?’ So I have to explain my situation. It makes me more depressed. The people who know me, when they see my face, they can tell I’m not happy. This is the lowest I’ve been in my career, it’s a bad time.”

The full-back had been hoping to count on the support of his old Ivory Coast teammates, but he admits Didier Drogba and Romaric are the only two to have got in contact with him. He says the lack of contact from Kolo Toure is particularly disappointing, given the Celtic player was banned by FIFA himself in 2011 for failing a drugs test while at Manchester City.

“When Kolo was serving his ban, I was always talking to him,” Eboue said. “He’s had some difficulties at Celtic so I understand (why he’s not been in contact). I’m not going to say something bad. All of them are my big brothers.

“I know they know my problem but I hope one day they will call me. Of course it’s disappointing. I thought the friendship was stronger. You have to be friends in difficult times. But that’s life. I take it in a good way.”

http://punchng.com/contemplated-suicide-fifa-suspension-eboue/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by stevebond007(m): 7:16am On Dec 24, 2016
FTC
At lasttttttttttttttt! Straight outta Ibadan , I am STEVEBOND 007, A STUDENT PILOT, TANDEM SKYDIVER, AVIATION ENTHUSIASTS,
SHOUT OUT TO ALL AVIATORS, HOLLA BACK
Merry Xmas to all Nairalanders, you guys are the real MVP, lalasticala, Seun

To Eboue , get your coach license, immediately you are reinstated

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Martinola(m): 7:16am On Dec 24, 2016
Since hw many days wey dis news don break?...no b news again sef....e com jst dey hit FP for NL...yeye.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by finsulyman: 7:16am On Dec 24, 2016
I advice him to kill himself because it is a sin to commit suicide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by pachukwu16: 7:17am On Dec 24, 2016
Don't try it
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by passyhansome(m): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2016
NEVER WALK ALONE, IS THE CLUB, while will you contemplate suicide when you are not alone, LIVERPOOL FOR LIFE

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Atiku2019: 7:18am On Dec 24, 2016
Even Peeps with 18k monthly salaries have never contemplated Suicide undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by hyfr(m): 7:18am On Dec 24, 2016
This my guy dey mad, so person wey graduate since 2010 wey never see work no commit suicide,person wey never chop since yesterday never commit suicide,person wey him mama n papa die never commit suicide, e come be you,ordinary ban till march na him u wan commit suicide, abeg may una leave am make him die. Fool

8 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Deem: 7:18am On Dec 24, 2016
Be strong Bro!
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Kk4(m): 7:19am On Dec 24, 2016
I feel sorry for him.. Stay strong man. Black dont break
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by elobyobi: 7:19am On Dec 24, 2016
No problem Ode! Stay inside the house two days at a time. By the end of your ban you'll be as fat as Eniola Badmus. Some people just know how to rock pity parties like they're worse off than people whose careers ended after someone blinded them or shattered their legs. This one was just given a one year suspension for something he did wrong, and he wants to curry pity instead of accepting responsibility and finding a way to make things right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by ItzHoludex(m): 7:19am On Dec 24, 2016
commit suicide bcz of football...
is ur lyf
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by 2rucool(m): 7:19am On Dec 24, 2016
Be strong, it's one of those things in life of a human being.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Coldfaya(m): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2016
the once unstoppable Ebue. try relax, there's life ahead. your mind is just playing tricks on you, don't give in to suicide bro
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by hok4u(f): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2016
"You know your real friends when you are in a difficulty" --- Ayinla Omowura(2015)

5 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by rafsonnggmail(m): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2016
Guy be strong no amount of problems or worries worth ur life
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 24, 2016
Sorry bro! .but wait o, this didia drogba's generosity and kindness is inbuilt.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by wisdomagbai(m): 7:22am On Dec 24, 2016
See this blog..... Www.Wizprof.com
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by ajarossi(m): 7:24am On Dec 24, 2016
Am happy u didn't do that things ll get back to normalcy pray dude
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by ednut1(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2016
Be like say bros no save kobo na y
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by drskyfly007(m): 7:26am On Dec 24, 2016
FRIENDS in need are FRIENDS indeed....

But they are rare angry

If you have any pls learn to APPRECIATE the Human Angel smiley
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Janitoh2: 7:26am On Dec 24, 2016
Don't be stupid... With all the money you have
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Galacious1: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2016
You almost cost my team the UCL trophy in 2006, but I still don't want u to commit suicide.

Life's too short to dwell on all that's wrong.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by chimeziedickson: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2016
Eboue,u just have to understand that the only time to knw true friends worth is during trial times just keep your head up and trust in God,he will see u through.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Oyiboman69: 7:29am On Dec 24, 2016
passyhansome:
NEVER WALK ALONE, IS THE CLUB, while will you contemplate suicide when you are not alone, LIVERPOOL FOR
LIFE
We're together... You'll never walk alone, so,walk on walk on.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by browniecay: 7:32am On Dec 24, 2016
rafsonnggmail:
Guy be strong no amount of problems or worries worth ur life

On point bro.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by GlorifiedSon: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2016
Merry Christmas Nairalanders..just in case you haven't got your meat contact me for live goat (around Ajah)
Check my profile for more details.
Thanks for the patronage so far.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Mr2kay2: 7:36am On Dec 24, 2016
This Christmas is very dry the most stupid in history chai
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 24, 2016
Checkout http://www.laffingjackass..com

and get interesting stuffs for your gf/bf in this season of love
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by yinkslinks(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2016
Who knows him please? Which planet is he from? sorry country.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide Over FIFA Suspension – Emmanuel Eboue by Austinjay50: 7:41am On Dec 24, 2016
Hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia: Man Of The Match? / FG Counters Edo Government, Says Sports Festival Continues / Sinclair Names Two West Ham Players That Will Walk Into Man Utd’s Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.