Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. (10838 Views)

AIDAnova: World's 5th Largest Cruise Ship. Costs ₦398b, Holds 6600 Passengers / ₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) / Fascinating Photos Of International Borders Around The World (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by masseratti: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
Explorers:

At all, but i think the largest of the carriers is the Nimitz with 1,092ft compared to HOS with 1,188ft.

okay thanks
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Explorers(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2017
masseratti:
okay thanks
uwc bro.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by DEIFIED(m): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
woww,.. This kind of technological fit can make you go gaga just thinking about it. Being on this kind of ship will he you get inspiration to attempt greater things.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Fembleez1(m): 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
I happen to be in love with ship names than the ships themselves. However, never been aboard one before. So not only praying hard but trying to work hard to be on a ship at least once in my life. May be celebrate my wedding on one. smiley
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by bikerboy1(m): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2017
Explorers:
Suites.
Oluwa pls pick my call. I need to see these things live. shocked and direct.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Explorers(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
bikerboy1:

Oluwa pls pick my call. I need to see these things live. shocked and direct.

Me 2 o, make person no dey see these things only on top screen.

1 Like

Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Culin(f): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
Explorers:

Me 2 o, make person no dey see these things only on top screen.

I'll faint if i see that in real life. Won't even dare going on a cruise with this.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Explorers(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
Culin:

I'll faint if i see that in real life. Won't even dare going on a cruise with this.

You wont, u wil so much love it.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Lakunsin12: 1:17am On Jan 05, 2017
claremont:
Good thread here.

A 7 day cruise on a vessel like this averages £1600 per person according to the ship owners, 2 people would make it £3200. The price is for board only, it doesn't include food, drinks, tours e.t.c. So, you might end up spending £5000 in total. The cost is a bit high for the middle-class worker really, which is why most people prefer to go by air for their holidays. Those of us who can't afford it can only admire it from a distance. grin

I beg to differ sir. Depending on various factors i.e. travel period (season), destination and how far out you book the cruise then you can get a good price below £1000 per person. For a little over £700 you can book a 7-day cruise to Western Caribbean on Harmony of the Seas in an interior cabin (no windows or porthole) and this includes your accommodation, food and drinks (soda only). The price increases if you choose a room with a porthole/window, a balcony or if well minted, a suite.
You pay extra for alcoholic drinks, Spa treatments, Internet access, dining at specialty/fancy restaurants on board and as you rightly said, going on excursions when the ship berths at a port.
Everything else apart from the extras is inclusive and yes, there is the little issue of gratuities (a fixed daily amount paid per person for the duration of the cruise) to add to the cost of the cruise as well although this can be prepaid at the time of booking.
Trick is to book far out in advance during off-peak periods.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Lakunsin12: 1:24am On Jan 05, 2017
imohchard:
Internet access at sea is much slower and less reliable than on land. Cruise ship internet access works by sending a signal 22,000 miles to a satellite, then 22,000 miles again back to earth. This limits what applications can be used. Generally, high-data applications, such as video and VOIP services do not work.

On the contrary, video and VOIP services do work very well especially on the newer ships. There are different internet packages to suit the needs/pockets/wallets of everyone on board wink
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by Explorers(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lakunsin12:

Depending on various factors i.e. travel period (season), destination and how far out you book the cruise then you can get a good price below £1000 per person. For a little over £700 you can book a 7-day cruise to Western Caribbean on Harmony of the Seas in an interior cabin (no windows or porthole) and this includes your accommodation, food and drinks (soda only).

The price increases if you choose a room with a porthole/window, a balcony or if well minted, a suite.
You pay extra for alcoholic drinks, Spa treatments, Internet access, dining at specialty/fancy restaurants on board and as you rightly said, going on excursions when the ship berths at a port.

Trick is to book far out in advance during off-peak periods.

Yea

1 Like

Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 3:55am On Aug 11, 2017
braithwaite:

Nice one, thz one thing I love about the Europeans ,they invest so much in any sort of tourism that will also fetch moni in.. I'm sure If a Nigerian polithiefian handle that kine moni, na to embezzle am

And abeg explorers how dem tek manage geh internet for dah cruise? Optic fibre folo dey?

kiss

The internet is surprisingly pretty fast.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 3:55am On Aug 11, 2017
Explorers:

You got it bro, she's a world on her own.

Had a great time on it.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 3:57am On Aug 11, 2017
Explorers:

Not really sure about that, but i know there are storage tanks for that.

Dumping into the ocean or pumping it out at the port.

There are different zones on the Seas where disposal is allowed for waste. They are mapped per trip or vessel. I know that waste for food is disposed in some locations for the types of fish in the area.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 3:58am On Aug 11, 2017
Explorers:

Not really sure about that, but i know there are storage tanks for that.

Dumping into the ocean or pumping it out at the port.

There are different zones on the Seas where disposal is allowed for waste. They are mapped per trip or vessel. I know that waste for food is disposed in some locations for the types of fish in the area.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 4:01am On Aug 11, 2017
imohchard:
Internet access at sea is much slower and less reliable than on land. Cruise ship internet access works by sending a signal 22,000 miles to a satellite, then 22,000 miles again back to earth. This limits what applications can be used. Generally, high-data applications, such as video and VOIP services do not work.

You are right to an extent but the latest ships (Anthem of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas) have the Voom package which has high internet speeds. Live streaming and video calls are a breeze on that signature package. Expensive though as it costs over 150 Dollars.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 4:03am On Aug 11, 2017
claremont:
Good thread here.

A 7 day cruise on a vessel like this averages £1600 per person according to the ship owners, 2 people would make it £3200. The price is for board only, it doesn't include food, drinks, tours e.t.c. So, you might end up spending £5000 in total. The cost is a bit high for the middle-class worker really, which is why most people prefer to go by air for their holidays. Those of us who can't afford it can only admire it from a distance. grin

Competition from Carnival and MSC Cruises has crashed those prices. Although still expensive but not that anymore.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 4:04am On Aug 11, 2017
sirpatrick:
Wow this is is magnificent A man made Disney park floating on the sea, truly eccentric am ready to give out my fiancee and my girlfriend joined in exchange for a 3 weeks vacation on Ms Harmony of the sea this is pure ecstasy

Have you done this yet? Hook me up for more info. It's fab!
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 4:05am On Aug 11, 2017
masseratti:
okay thanks

Please note that there is a difference between a Carrier and Cruise Ship in many capacities.
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 4:06am On Aug 11, 2017
DEIFIED:
woww,.. This kind of technological fit can make you go gaga just thinking about it. Being on this kind of ship will he you get inspiration to attempt greater things.

You can say that again men!
Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by LugarT: 4:07am On Aug 11, 2017
Culin:

You'd love it. The Harmony of the Seas is a huge resort on water. You'll never feel you're on the ocean.

1 Like

Re: 2016: MS Harmony Of The Seas, World's Largest Cruise Ship In Fascinating Photos. by hafees: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2017
Wow, i am excited to see Nigerians who are genuinely interested in cruising. I proud to say i was one of the people to be on the maiden sail of that ship. When i try to convince my client to try cruising, which is cheaper than land holiday, awesome with food 7 times a day #some gluttons. You get to visit more than one location for the cost of one, and you can go out at different ports to tour a bit inside the country, some still say no biko. Even the most educated Nigerians will tell you they are afraid of water, a client who had lived in American for long even mentioned mammy water Lol. Thumps up for the OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Concern Over Uk Spousal Visa - Very Urgent / FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 / Core Function Of Lastma On Our Roads.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.