Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? (14710 Views)

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / Lady Shares How Man Abandons Family To Marry A New Wife In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by gtrust: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
Don't mind them.

When hunger fire their intestines, nobody go tell them to do the needful

obataokenwa:
All our great men and women came out from the most remote when there was no zinc house. I have five uncles in the USA today as Dr., all got scholarship reading in their mothers kitchen when there was no electricity. my Dad told me about one that always put physics text book in his pocket whenever they go hunting. till today in my village they always use him as instance that no matter how u read, u can't read more than him. one of the respected engineers in Ford motors today.
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by obataokenwa(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
ireneony:
Sincerely from my heart, please don't relocate. Since you can feed your family i don't see the need to do so.
don't worry your wife Will get a better job later.
not all job are worth it.

From what i see the salary would be peanut.

You are the man of the house have your stand in this.
Money is not all that matters in life. read Ecclesiastic 5:12-20, 6:1-3

1 Like

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Tushborn: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
ireneony:
Sincerely from my heart, please don't relocate. Since you can feed your family i don't see the need to do so.

hmm this ur advice e get as e be oo
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thank you everyone please keep giving us your advises. I am reading them with my wife and its helping our decision making. God bless everyone
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
ireneony:

Ma'am.......are you discussing the same topic as the op

Everyone is crying about joblessness that accelerates hardship, breaking families whilst at it and you are saying she must postpone everything. Whilst money is not everything, how did you get to the conclusion that her earnings will be peanuts?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Idrismusty97(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
mostyg:
Your moniker tells me not to take you serious. How can a married man with two kids use such moniker?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4651385_images24_jpegf028b60f2d559eb01958501e1269298b
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by ireneony(f): 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
obataokenwa:
Money is not all that matters in life. read Ecclesiastic 5:12-20, 6:1-3
so you see as someone that read bible undecided
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by obataokenwa(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
ireneony:
so you see as someone that read bible undecided
You're finished then. No wonder my people say u know the wisdom of a child when he talks.
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
ireneony:

This is disgusting.

OP pls don't adopt this archaic mentality ooooo

& pls don't relocate to Ur state of origin.
its an exceedingly bad idea for the family as a whole.
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by princejones(m): 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Relocating your family to your home state is not a bad idea as long as your extended family member knows the boundaries, beside l relocating to my home state for the past 10 yrs but in another local government as hardly do l see my family members as none is living in the said LGA and am loving it,please do the needfull as you will not regret

2 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by DemonMonkey7(m): 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
[i][/i]you can't eat your cake n have it..
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by nasiodamus(m): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
I can't think of any state in Nigeria in which its capital city isn't okey,since she got a job in the state house then u can locate them in the capital,they will definitely be very secure estates there.just make sure dey are settled in before leaving..you will end up saving more if she is earning and also not staying in Lagos provides less expenses.

1 Like

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by aameyah(f): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
If you really want her to take the job, and if she also loves and wants the job but her apprehension comes from her fear of interference, then it is a simple matter.

It is YOUR prerogative to ensure she doesn't become meat in the mouth of your people; to be chewed, swallowed or spat out as the case may be. There should be nothing like village people carrying their burden to "our brother's house" or going to spy how big she's cutting meat for her soup. Or packing "our brother's rice" from the store. tongue

If there is a clear cut divide, she will enjoy the place more than she does Lagos which is crazy and fast-paced.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
You are based in Lagos yet you are not spending much time in Nigeria. If the amount of time you are away, will remain the same, then let your wife relocate to your home state. The issue is temptation. If there is too much time apart, impure thoughts will creep into both of your minds. Be careful.
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by raumdeuter: 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Is your entire homestate just a street?

Assuming you are from Benue, Lets even assuming all your extended family lie in Makurdi, you can settle your wife in Gboko
If youre from Nasarawa your family lives in Keffi you can settle your wife in Lafia or Akwanga

EVen if its in the same city you can live so far away from them in the same city that the distace will discourage any unncesary interference

1 Like

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Eddodoh(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
handsomePussy:
A state in the middle belt, not so civilized tho
I am sure it's Benue or Kogi State
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by nummyjenny: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello, i'm just quickly reaching out to you to share something exciting with you right now which I believe would blow your mind just like it blew mine.

*Currently:*
1bitcoin = $845
1Bitcoin = N439400
4Bitcoins = N1,757,600

So imagine having 2 to 5 to 10 to 50 to 100 bitcoins. What difference would that make in your life?

If I could show you the easiest way to earn up to 50 bitcoins in less than 180days, would that be something you would love to learn?
We organize daily training by 4pm(Nigerian time) where we share the incredible idea with every participants about the easiest way to achieve well over 16 Bitcoins in less than 6 Months (over $100,000) just by working with your phone phone and the social media.

I know what you are thinking now; (impossible! right). That was my response too when I was first told. Why not find out for yourself by joining us in any of our online meetings via WhatsApp.

Click on this link if you would love to be a part of today's meeting

https:///6UGmeNH3RZACI7n3Xvkaxw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Why Marriages Don’t Work: The Change Factor / What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.