Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms (27956 Views)

CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Jahelastic(m): 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Barely 24 hours to Christmas, residents of Benin city are keeping vigil in the banks to use Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).

Few of the ATMs in some banks visited in Benin on Saturday were dispensing cash.

Many of the residents said that they had been in some of the banks as early as 5a.m.to avoid the crowd that would arrive in the bank premises later.

They also raised concern about their suffering in getting access to the machines which they alleged were not even fed with enough cash for the day.

For instance, Mr John Ebidah, said people had been exposed to risk all in attempts to withdraw money via ATMs.

He called for the relevant authorities to urgently look into the matter, especially bank managers in Benin.
Another resident, Mr Osato Owie, alleged that the banks deliberately refused to put enough money in the machines.

“I don’t understand how one, with his money in the bank, can find it extremely difficult to make use of ATMs.

Similarly, Mrs Nkechi Goddy-Asekomhe, said after several attempt at making use of the ATM, she met with one official of a particular bank.

“He told me that it was because of the cash challenges that made the bank to load few ATMs,’’ she quoted the official.
NAN

http://jahelastic..com.ng/2016/12/benin-residents-keep-vigil-in-banks-to.html?m=0

3 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by poksmahn(m): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
This is why i have refused to use a bank . i keep my money inside a pot under my bed

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by jumpandpas(m): 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
poksmahn:
This is why i have refused to use a bank . i keep my money inside a pot under my bed

The DSS will soon break into your house.

46 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by poksmahn(m): 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
jumpandpas:

because of my 1,250 naira?

206 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by stanogb(m): 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Enjoy the change...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Kondomatic(m): 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
poksmahn:
Guy you rich oo.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by IYANGBALI: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
Everything about this country is problematic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by DaPhilosopher(m): 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lols ! Sewios matter
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by sankky: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
Welcome to the dark age.
All the things we thought were impossible to happen again in this country have been a a daily occurrence since the last 2years.
Everything has really CHANGED

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by slick1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
Too bad that banks won't allow customers access to their money when they need it most....I have said it times without number that the only thing that banks do is to secure your money ...
Quote me and unquote me....lol....Banks are similar to ponzi schemes, they can't give everyone at least 50% their money at the same time

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by GoodyOG: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
lol....vigil..any ways HAPPY CHRISMAS EVERY NAIRALANDER

5 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by piagetskinner(m): 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
I thought We are in recession and there's no money

I guess I was wrong

Oya dollar come down

2 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by idupaul: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
IYANGBALI:
Everything about this country is problematic

No every thing about Buhari is problematic,just ask Ur parents and they will concur

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by slimpoet11(m): 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
lмao υna never ѕee cнυмтιn grin
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by slurryeye: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
See another longass queue grin
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Adeevah(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
poksmahn:

That's the best cashless bankless policy I av ever heard of

Coming for you bro

2 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Eleniyan15: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Kondomatic:
Guy you rich oo.

Lmao the guy rich true sha...I wish to remove withdraw my 1k wey dey dah useless first bank buh e no possible if na me ke d 1k why can't I withdraw it WHO WAN SHOW ME LOVE FOR XMAS

2 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thank God someone just gave me XMAS gift of a reasonable cash at hand...

Chaiiiiiiiii
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by IYANGBALI: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
jumpandpas:

boys are coming to visit you tonight

3 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by bonechamberlain(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
poksmahn:
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by kidman96(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nairaland and fakes news with fakes sources.

Joke Forum.

1 Like

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by ORACLE1975(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Under Jonathan, all you needed to do to buy a bag of rice was to take a stroll to a shop or ask someone to supply you at an affordable cost of #8000.

Under Buhari, you'll have to exhaust your life lines; Phone a friend, 50/50, Ask audience (neighbour), before you can know where to get it at N17, 500.

#Pathetic!!!

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Koleman(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
I don't blame d banks at all... I blame d govt who decided to wait till the dying seconds to pay salaries. meanwhile wetin d hold our npower money

2 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmm.

6 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by lifestyle1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by systemz(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
All na Buhari.
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Mayany(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
All those that thought freezing MMM will reduce the crowd at Atm machine.. How market? Lol

10 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Originalsly: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
poksmahn:
Hmmm.... all your life savings in a pot.... a pot full of money is barely enough to cook 3 pots full of food for Christmas !
.. not worth my time to find out where you live!
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by officialteemi(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
JST NOT RIGHT!!!.....IMAGINE,in calabar there's just one GTB with 2working ATM stand...omo the group .no b small
Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by kidman96(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
People need to take advantage of the many cashless policies banks have now. I don't understand why many still need cash and have to go to the bank. This country needs to grow up. Money is no more that paper you have in your hand. It's now those electronic figures on your phone.

Kenya has been using mobile money for years. We need to learn from them.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee / What To Know About The NNPC's $3billion Loan From Afrexim Bank / AMCON After Mike Adenuga's Conoil Over N39bn Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.