Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Honda Accord Fuel 03 Fuel Gauage Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord Fuel 03 Fuel Gauage Issue (657 Views)

Toyota Corolla 03 Stolen Around Jabi Lake Mall Abuja / Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 03-08 And Honda Pilot 03-06 / Chronicles Of My 5 Day Trip From Benin To Abuja With An 03 EOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord Fuel 03 Fuel Gauage Issue by douchesnozzle(m): 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Please I need help with my Honda accord fuel gauage. The gauage is stuck on empty even when I have a full thank. Took the car to the car electrician, after much testing he said I had to get a gauage cluster as the sender unit and other wiring are correct. I bought a new guage cluster from onitsha but was surprised that it didn't work. When connected to my car, the dashboard lights, speedometer and other meters worked but d fuel guage was still stuck on empty. My electrician said the cluster I bought wasn't for my car. He showed me the numbers on mine and the one I bought the difference was just in alphabet. Mine had AF before alphabet but one I bought had a different alphabet which I can't recall. He also said mine was a 2013 while I bought a 2014, but my car is a 2003 model

Please gurus in d house kindly advise, is it possible that a car of d same yr model would have certain different electrical components? Also if it was different like d electrician stated, how come other meters on the car worked except the fuel guage. Please I need ur thoughts so I don't spend more money returning something that isn't faulty cos am already suspecting that I didn't need a new cluster in the first place.
Cc Gazuz, luvinghubby
Re: Honda Accord Fuel 03 Fuel Gauage Issue by honmusa(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
douchesnozzle:
Please I need help with my Honda accord fuel gauage. The gauage is stuck on empty even when I have a full thank. Took the car to the car electrician, after much testing he said I had to get a gauage cluster as the sender unit and other wiring are correct. I bought a new guage cluster from onitsha but was surprised that it didn't work. When connected to my car, the dashboard lights, speedometer and other meters worked but d fuel guage was still stuck on empty. My electrician said the cluster I bought wasn't for my car. He showed me the numbers on mine and the one I bought the difference was just in alphabet. Mine had AF before alphabet but one I bought had a different alphabet which I can't recall. He also said mine was a 2013 while I bought a 2014, but my car is a 2003 model

Please gurus in d house kindly advise, is it possible that a car of d same yr model would have certain different electrical components? Also if it was different like d electrician stated, how come other meters on the car worked except the fuel guage. Please I need ur thoughts so I don't spend more money returning something that isn't faulty cos am already suspecting that I didn't need a new cluster in the first place.
Cc Gazuz, luvinghubby
You should have save yourself all this wahala if you have allowed him to buy the part for you .Give him money to buy it for u and use your productive time to focus on better things.
Re: Honda Accord Fuel 03 Fuel Gauage Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
Based on your words you said he said wires are correct, what does he mean by that ?
Re: Honda Accord Fuel 03 Fuel Gauage Issue by douchesnozzle(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
ZIMDRILL:
Based on your words you said he said wires are correct, what does he mean by that ?
Meaning no grounding issues or lose connections.

(1) (Reply)

My Uncle Imported Car From UK To Lagos, Custom Officers Stole Items In The Car / Need A Good Mechanic For 2003 Rav4 Gear Selection Problem / Mercedes Benz Half-year Sales Hits Record High Of 1.1 Million Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.