Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? (777 Views)

Presidents Buhari, Akufo-addo And Sall Fight While China Steals Africa - Photos / Here Is What The Different Badges That Nigerian Police Officers Wear Mean / Say God If You Av Never Tiff Meat Inside Pot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by Nasa28(m): 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
I have come to notice that many (if not all) Nigeria Presidents; both past and present do not end their speeches with "GOD BLESS NIGERIA " like their US counterparts.

Here are brief excerpts from the ends of those speeches

Barack Obama, 2012

"We live in the greatest nation on Earth. Thank you America. God bless you. God bless these United States."

Barack Obama, 2008[/b]

"Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America."

George W. Bush, 2004

"I am eager for the work ahead. God bless you, and may God bless America."

George W. Bush, 2000

"The presidency is more than an honor, it is more than an office. It is a charge to keep, and I will give it my all. Thank you very much, and God bless America."

Bill Clinton, 1996

"I am more grateful than I can say. You have given me an opportunity and a responsibility that comes to few people. I will do my best. And together we will, we will build that bridge to the 21st century. Thank you, goodnight and God bless America."

Bill Clinton, 1992

"Together we can do it. Together we can make the country that we live in everything it was meant to be. I still believe in a place called hope. God bless America. Thank you all."

George H.W. Bush, 1988

"Thank you New Hampshire. Thanks for everything, and God bless America. Thank you all very much. Thank you. Thank you all."
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by ojun50(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
People wey no enter d position with yr hand u say make them they say go bless 9ja. God don bless 9ja
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by Solowande(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
Is USA and Nigeria the same? Different culture different way of doing things.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by GoggleB(m): 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
Different countries Different faculty of reasoning..
OP ask yourself will u say God Bless Nigeria if you get there
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by Nasa28(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
GoggleB:
Different countries Different faculty of reasoning..
OP ask yourself will u say God Bless Nigeria if you get there

Why not...unless I want God to break

NIGERIA ...either of the above
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by Kezifils(m): 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Its an American thing. Nigeria should find their own. We shouldn't copy everything

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by Bamss1: 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
must we copy everything? d last tym buhari copied obamas speech it was a problem, Imagine he also ended it with 'God bless Nigeria' haba!
Re: Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? by Nasa28(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
we must not copy everything, but I import good things.... same way many of us are struggling with their accent because it sounds good.

anyway, its good we pray to the maker always ....
unless we believe in him not.

(1) (Reply)

Our Government Can Lie:d:d:d / Calabar Gay Rights Activist Anderson Ubetowan, Wishes To Give God A Mouth Action / Operation Cleanse And Deliver Imo State Roundabouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.