Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

How To Create A Forum???? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create A Forum???? (1075 Views)

Want To Build A Forum Website / Payment is Involved: Admin Needed On A Forum Blog / Which One Should I Go For Between A Forum And Amazon Affiliate Site? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create A Forum???? by Faithdamy(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
Please how do i create a forum site,,,,,,guys help me out pls, i need a complete tutorial on that.
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
In straight terms:
1. Get a hosting plan
2. Locate a forum script
3. Install it and configure
4. Add categories and customize to your taste.
5. That's it!
However, running a forum is not as simple as you might be thinking. There's more to it and you'll definitely sense rejection. But it's achievable. Goodluck...
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Faithdamy(m): 12:21am On Dec 25, 2016
Laive:
In straight terms:
1. Get a hosting plan
2. Locate a forum script
3. Install it and configure
4. Add categories and customize to your taste.
5. That's it!
However, running a forum is not as simple as you might be thinking. There's more to it and you'll definitely sense rejection. But it's achievable. Goodluck...
tenx.... But watx d first thing to do nw?
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2016
Faithdamy:

tenx.... But watx d first thing to do nw?
Get A Host And Install A Forum Script

When U Have Do D Configuration Blah Blah Blah, Get A Domain Name

And Your Forum Is Set
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Afam4eva(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2016
Faithdamy:
Please how do i create a forum site,,,,,,guys help me out pls, i need a complete tutorial on that.
Setting up a forum is not as difficult as it used to be because there are software that have already been designed for you to use. So, no coding required. Here's what you do:

1. Get a Hosting account from a Hosting company

2. Install a forum software from inside your cPanel (you have to look around and choose a hosting forum that you like. There are many of them. You can also look for a forum that you lie and find out which sftware they are using. Note that some hosting software are free while some others are paid for).
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
The building / configuration aspect of running a forum isn't difficult... Again, you need determination and commitment to succeed. Initially, you'll be the only poster (OP), but with time and with "mouth-watering" posts, you'll be glad with the progress of your forum. But hey, don't sail all alone! Form a crew. Everything is not impossible!
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Faithdamy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
Tenx guys.....
I will follow ur steps and update u as soon as i start
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Faithdamy(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
Which hosting site is best for a forum site pls?
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
Faithdamy:
Any Linux hosting platform will handle your forum well. Just look for a reliable hosting company.
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by ncpat(m): 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
Faithdamy:
http://www.smartweb.com.ng/
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by semasir: 12:06am On Dec 26, 2016
Quite easy but you have to identify the niche you want to opt for. See a sample on my signature (the LASU Forum) or even www.badagryforum.com.ng

Faithdamy:
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Faithdamy(m): 1:14am On Dec 26, 2016
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by donblade85555(m): 10:24am On Jul 15, 2017
Laive:
The building / configuration aspect of running a forum isn't difficult... Again, you need determination and commitment to succeed. Initially, you'll be the only poster (OP), but with time and with "mouth-watering" posts, you'll be glad with the progress of your forum. But hey, don't sail all alone! Form a crew. Everything is not impossible!
what happened to Nct? its showing site suspended
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
donblade85555:
what happened to Nct? its showing site suspended
Thank you. We actually had issues with the hosting company, but we're working to resolve everything. NCT will be restored before the end of next week from the date of posting this.
Re: How To Create A Forum???? by Brown2262(m): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2020
actually i find https://naijawebhost.com to perform better, thats if you need good speed for your forum

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Sports Blog For Sale / Experience 99.95% Uptime And Have Easy Access To Your Website Now!!! / Sell Your Paypal Funds Here; We Buy Paypal Money At A Very Affordable Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.