Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers (13611 Views)

NRC Speaks On Abuja-Kaduna Train Breakdown, Apologises To Passengers / Lady Who Wrongly Accused Taxi Driver Of Theft Apologises / Emmanuel Ugochukwu Stowed Away In Medview Flight Wheels From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by rtmajayi: 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Medview Airline on Sunday apologised to its passengers over the delay in arrival of some of their baggage from London to Lagos.

The airline issued the apology in a statement signed by its media consultant, Mr Oyibhota Obuke and obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.The statement said the airline had dispatched a special flight to London on Saturday to airlift the left over baggage.

It said unfortunately, the aircraft returned without the affected baggage following the inability of Gatwick Airport authorities to screen them.

“Gatwick Airport had on arrival of the aircraft said it had no capacity to screen the baggage as only a handful of its workforce was on duty because of holiday.

“The airline regrets the inconveniences caused the affected passengers whose left over baggage are still in London by this unhealthy development.

“We thought by Sunday we would have resolved the left over baggage issue if not for Gatwick Airport authorities,” the statement quoted the airline’s Chief Operating Officer, Mr Lookman Animashaun as saying.

It said another flight would leave for London on Monday to bring back home the left over baggage, and appealed to the affected passengers for their understanding.

London passengers of a Nigerian flag carrier, Med-View Airlines, created a scene at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos on Thursday in protest over their “missing” luggage.

The passengers, boarded Med-View aircraft from London to Lagos, only to arrive Tuesday morning without their valuables.

After two days of waiting in vain, the passengers resorted to open confrontation with airline officials, almost leading to the breakdown of law and order at the airport, but for the efforts of law enforcement agencies.

Reacting to the face off, Med-View said the development was due to “operational issues” on the side of the United Kingdom’s airport authority and delays in the screening of luggage, assuring that with fresh moves made would yield results

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/medview-airline-apologises-to-passengers.html

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by rtmajayi: 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
Same story all over again...

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Goldenheart(m): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Is that all

1 Like

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by engrfemi(m): 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
ok
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
There is something about their customer service that doesn't suit the airline at all. they cancelled a flight via email I was shocked

7 Likes

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by mrmaze(m): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is serious
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
Some of us still dey complain when d guys don apologise....Visit Peace Mass Transit and u will appreciate when someone apologises to U.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by joowealth(m): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
As in ......

2 Likes

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by mmsen: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
rtmajayi:

Lalasticlala

This is different in that it is the airport that couldn't screen the luggage and not the airline being incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
It is well.
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Dondave11: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
at d poster above me...

EVEN IN THE WELL MY BROTHER
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by tellwisdom: 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
What is medview?? sad
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by martyns303(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
rtmajayi:

Lalasticlala

Medview is really trying, things like this happens and you can see the effort they have put in, in retrieving the luggages. If only you can imagine the cost of sending a plane all the way to London just to retrieve luggages.

The passengers have a valid reason to be angry, but hopefully they'll bear with Medview.

For the lady that complained about cancelling a flight via email, would you rather get to the airport only to be informed that the flight has been cancelled?

Wish I can get a job with Medview

4 Likes

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by smalls001: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lies lies lies........Why is it only Medview affected at Gatwick? These clowns are so unreliable....once in 2016 they cancelled my flight on a Sunday about 5hrs to take off time and whats funny is that it was done via email. When I contacted them on phone, the clown just told me I had to come to the airport to collect my money back cash....This is a flight I paid for by debit card. Imagine they couldn't even reverse the payment.....
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Caracta(f): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Sentiments aside I love medview. I give them more credit than Arik.

@smalls001, how can they reverse your payment when they are not banks? Your account details won't even show. At least they offered you cash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by engrhorla(m): 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
tellwisdom:
What is medview?? sad

MedView is a condition of the eye in which good and clear vision is aided by strong medicine man grin

4 Likes

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Ritaokafor(f): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
Wow! I didn't know it flies int'l route. Good move though to v apologised.
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by dayleke: 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
Na wa o....
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Jarus(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
So Medview flies to London?
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by pretydiva(f): 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
Med view kor,mad view ni undecided
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by brownlolly(m): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
solasoulmusic:
There is something about their customer service that doesn't suit the airline at all. they cancelled a flight via email I was shocked

Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Origin(f): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
Arguments deteriorate fast when the other party keeps mute when a party deserves answers.

Medview has no customer service period. No proper feedback. Notify customers about the problem and its solution.

You will eventually lose customers if not careful.

1 Like

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by groovie(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
smalls001:
Lies lies lies........Why is it only Medview affected at Gatwick? These clowns are so unreliable....once in 2016 they cancelled my flight on a Sunday about 5hrs to take off time and whats funny is that it was done via email. When I contacted them on phone, the clown just told me I had to come to the airport to collect my money back cash....This is a flight I paid for by debit card. Imagine they couldn't even reverse the payment.....
Look at this one... You got ur money back u still dey complain. Come and try arik, dem no go give you ur money dem go still yab u untop. I no know say medview dey try like this sef make i see as dem be for local routes. Merry Christmas everybody

2 Likes

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Codes151(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:
Some of us still dey complain when d guys don apologise....Visit Peace Mass Transit and u will appreciate when someone apologises to U.
how gullible of u!!! Turkish airline paid both of us 800 pounds for delayed luggage! Plus reimbursement of all amount we spent for the inconvenience in Lagos! What value is a thank you note compared to the stress, loss n all! Can they wait for a passenger who had a delayed luggage or sth?? Smh! We need to start thinking properly else this service providers won't change at all!

3 Likes

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
brownlolly:

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Dear...Sorry after eating I slept off

More blessings

1 Like

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
Codes151:
how gullible of u!!! Turkish airline paid both of us 800 pounds for delayed luggage! Plus reimbursement of all amount we spent for the inconvenience in Lagos! What value is a thank you note compared to the stress, loss n all! Can they wait for a passenger who had a delayed luggage or sth?? Smh! We need to start thinking properly else this service providers won't change at all!

Baba na Joke I dey o...lol

1 Like

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Codes151(m): 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:

sorry sir
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by Codes151(m): 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:

sorry sir! Merry Xmas

1 Like

Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by lonelydora: 5:35am On Dec 26, 2016
I don't feel safe typing on this thread by this time. Why is this thread still on the first page?

I no wan hear say my uncle didn't bring something home this Xmas because his baggage hasn't arrived
Re: Medview Airline Apologises To Passengers by passyhansome(m): 6:54am On Dec 26, 2016
Do this happen in other country? Or is it because it's Nigeria, Now you see nobody cares, the govt officials won't comment on this, avaition minister won't call any into order, My Pathetic country, where nothing seems working except corruption, cos those you voted only care about them self and unborn generation

(1) (2) (Reply)

NANS Roots For Air Peace / Nigeria's Stunning Natural Beauty (pictures) / Petrol Tanker Catches Fire On Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.