Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? (1837 Views)

How Do Bloggers Make Money? Here Is Answer / 5 Big Mistakes That Bloggers Make / 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Toks2008(m): 9:07am On Dec 26, 2016
I was discussing with some people yesterday and we argued over the fact that blogs like nairaland, lindaikeji and so on make money from google when people just log on to their site without clicking any ad and I began to wonder if that is true.

So I would like to know from knowledgeable individuals if this is true.

Thanks
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Monalisa185(f): 9:13am On Dec 26, 2016
nobody makes a dine when his/her site is visited... But with a great traffic, your ads can be clicked on and you also make money through individual adds from companies, artistes and so on

Jefferyjamez come and see

1 Like

Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by olofofonaija1(m): 9:42am On Dec 26, 2016
I don argue ds thing tire .. i wonder who is feeding some pple shit... some would even ask is ur blog connected to ur account ... some wud say d DATA they use turn to money n they pag bloggers .. asin i dont understand .. Pls someone should enlight me if it's true .. cus i onlg knw aby ads..ebook .selling n all
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Toks2008(m): 9:48am On Dec 26, 2016
Since this has become an object of great anomaly I guess I should crave lalasticlala indulgence to do the needful.
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Toks2008(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2016
olofofonaija1:
I don argue ds thing tire .. i wonder who is feeding some pple shit... some would even ask is ur blog connected to ur account ... some wud say d DATA they use turn to money n they pag bloggers .. asin i dont understand .. Pls someone should enlight me if it's true .. cus i onlg knw aby ads..ebook .selling n all

I had to keep mum yesterday cos these guys claim to know so much and who knows....they just might be right.
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by leonard002(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2016
Toks2008:
I was discussing with some people yesterday and we argued over the fact that blogs like nairaland, lindaikeji and so on make money from google when people just log on to their site without clicking any ad and I began to wonder if that is true.

So I would like to know from knowledgeable individuals if this is true.

Thanks

Nope, you only make money when an advert on the blog is clicked on.
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by ikp120(m): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2016
Sure they do... The total page view will be divided by 1000, and the outcome will be multiplied by a given dollar value (depending on a number of factors such as where your traffic come from).

So if you have a 1,000,000 page views per day, it will be divided by 1000 which will yield 1,000. Then the 1,000 will be multiplied by something like $0.1 if it is from a first world country like US, UK, etc, then the product will be credited to your account with $100.

I even think they do all the above steps on every unique visit the page receives. Like when K visits your page, they will check where K came from, them divide 1 by 1,000 and multiply the outcome with the relevant dollar value (based on some factors) and credit your account with it.

This is the same system YouTube uses on monetised videos.

For most affiliate marketing companies, you need to choose the type you want on your site, whether CPC (Cost Per Click, ads clicking shiit mehn), CPM (Cost Per Mile, each visit will be divided by 1000), etc.

Google Adsense is one of the well known affiliate marketing programs around, but there are other more interesting ones sha.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by oatzeal(m): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2016
There are CPC advertisements

There are CPM advertisements

Not necessarily google advertisement...

When you open a blog wit cost per click advert CPC , the blogger will not be paid until when you click the advert banner.

But for a blogger running an Impression CPM {cost per mile} advertisement, when you visit, of course the banner(s) will load and it will be assumed that you have seen the information on the banner. That's 1 impression. If the blogger has 4 banners like dat, 1 pageview is 4 ad impressions.

Once it reaches 1000impressions, they pay d blogger the Impression CPM . if the blogger can only achieve 300impressions in a day , that's 0.3 x impression CPM.

There s also CTR, click through rate : number of clicks / over number of impression

When your CTR is high, your CPM will be high , believing that the ad is relevant to pple visiting.

When the CTR is low, your CPM will be low, believing that the ad is irrelevant to visitors.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Toks2008(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
oatzeal:
There are CPC advertisements

There are CPM advertisements

Not necessarily google advertisement...

When you open a blog wit cost per click advert CPC , the blogger will not be paid until when you click the advert banner.

But for a blogger running an Impression CPM {cost per mile} advertisement, when you visit, of course the banner(s) will load and it will be assumed that you have seen the information on the banner. That's 1 impression. If the blogger has 4 banners like dat, 1 pageview is 4 ad impressions.

Once it reaches 1000impressions, they pay d blogger the Impression CPM . if the blogger can only achieve 300impressions in a day , that's 0.3 x impression CPM.

There s also CTR, click through rate : number of clicks / over number of impression

When your CTR is high, your CPM will be high , believing that the ad is relevant to pple visiting.

When the CTR is low, your CPM will be low, believing that the ad is irrelevant to visitors.

- Blogger Olaniyan Tosin
http://nairanaijanews.com

I see
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Faithdamy(m): 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2016
olofofonaija1:
Tooh,,,,,i tink say na only me oooooo, i cum dey somhw confused about dre question sef
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Springup: 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Monalisa185:
nobody makes a dine when his/her site is visited... But with a great traffic, your ads can be clicked on and you also make money through individual adds from companies, artistes and so on

Jefferyjamez come and see
U are wrong.... Their is what is called cost per click and cost per mile.
If you have huge audience that view ur page in which you have adds running on you will still be paid. But it's very little compared to when someone actually click on the link.
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by funloaded: 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ok let me break it down into pieces....
1. If you like, let your traffic be as huge as nairaland's own, you won't make shishi if you don't run ads like nairaland do or sell products or collect money for a certain service
2. If you see any form of ads, be it google's adword, designed banner, sponsored post(post that makes a review of other people's product). Then that means the owner of the website is trying to make money or is already making money
3. Every website must pay a certain amount depending on how many people visit their website, this money is huge so site owners get money from adverts, settle bills, ofcourse there will be leftovers so they use it to flex
4. All data that is being consumed on every single website you visit is the work of your service provider(MTN, Glo e.t.c) They charge you just like they deduct their airtym when you call. Even Oga seun dey buy data to visit nairaland
5. There is nothing like linking your bank account to your website..... Nothing like that
6. Every website is not a blog, Nairaland is not a blog, listen and reason good....
Jumia: e-commerce(buying and selling online)
Nairaland: Forum( users create topic, comment, discuss)
Linda Ikeji: Blog( Only linda and her brain can post topics)
Facebook: Social Network(you can create topic e.g facebook status, twitter tweet but only people who knows you, or people who are linked to you will see your topic)
..... I hope you don't get confused again
iREP www.funloaded.xyz

5 Likes

Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by FincoApps(m): 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
funloaded:
1. If you like, let your traffic be as huge as nairaland's own, you won't make shishi if you don't run ads like nairaland do or sell products or collect money for a certain service
2. If you see any form of ads, be it google's adword, designed banner, sponsored post(post that makes a review of other people's product). Then that means the owner of the website is trying to make money or is already making money
3. Every website must pay a certain amount depending on how many people visit their website, this money is huge so site owners get money from adverts, settle bills, ofcourse there will be leftovers so they use it to flex
4. All data that is being consumed on every single website you visit is the work of your service provider(MTN, Glo e.t.c) They charge you just like they deduct their airtym when you call. Even Oga seun dey buy data to visit nairaland
5. There is nothing like linking your bank account to your website..... Nothing like that
6. Every website is not a blog, Nairaland is not a blog, listen and reason good....
Facebook: Social Network(you can create topic e.g facebook status, twitter tweet but only people who knows you, or people who are linked to you will see your topic)
iREP www.funloaded.xyz

THis is the best comment

Ignorance is too much in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
That is what many Nigerians believe

Even my friend was also arguing with me one time that music sites earn money when you download songs.
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Faithdamy(m): 2:31am On Dec 28, 2016
9PBLIVE:
That is what many Nigerians believe

Even my friend was also arguing with me one time that music sites earn money when you download songs.
lolxx....u dey mind dem
Re: Do bloggers Make Money when people just visit their site? by Mazeltovscotty(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
funloaded:
iREP www.funloaded.xyz
i have started developing interest on blogging well, mainly becus of little income and sharing of knowledge. I have a lot intersting and mind-blogging articles in place which i am going to start with, which i also believe with time, it will generate traffic for me.

But my problem is, I dnt know how money is being made through blogging, can u pls expantiate further?

(1) (Reply)

Special Offer: Get 9mobile 1gb Data For Just N200 Or Get 5gb For N1000 / 1 Developer Urgently Needed / Old USA Adsense With $2 Balance For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.