Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make (3567 Views)

How Do Bloggers Make Money? Here Is Answer / 5 Big Mistakes That Bloggers Make / Common Most Mistakes Bloggers Make And How To Fix It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by cyberhope(m): 6:41am On Nov 07, 2017
Good morning fellow bloggers,

Today, I have a little note for you all the way from bloggershub, We are discussing 15 major and common mistakes bloggers make.

Trying To Be Perfect: [/b]You are a newbie in your niche or you don’t know much about what you are blogging about. Yet, you sound Pro in your article. So, your readers need anwers to their problems and you find it difficult to answer or resolve.

[b]Not Planning Ahead: [/b]This is a big mistake made, not planning ahead for your blog make it return to the grave. As a blogger, you must plan ahead for your blogging career. Make plan lists, what you will do and acquire before a certain time or period. This shows seriousness and make you focus.

[b]No Email list Or Way For People To Sign up:
When you blog lacks option in form or subscriber’s form, you are definitely missing a lot. Engage and making an email list gives you more control of your audiences, you generate more trust with them and even convert to leads.
For you: How To Create Email Subscribers List On Your Blog

Treating Your Blog As A Hobby Instead Of Business: You do think you are blogging for passion, but why limit it to that. If you treat your blog as passion, you won’t dedicate yourself much to it, but, when you see it as a business, you will definitely want it to strive.

Too Much Comparing: [/b]So you are not satisfied with your blog and keep peeping at a competitor’s blog, hoping to add whatever features included there. This is really a bad idea, it takes much of your time and this means you are slacking. Stop comparing and focus on what will build yours. Your competitors don’t know you exist or even for once checked your blog to compare, instead they keep making theirs unique.

Bad Blog Titles: You must have known is before, it kills a blog too. When you just post contents with dull titles, it will definitely not get out of your blog. Readers won’t be eager to know what’s in it, you know the rest.

[b]No Images
: Do you do this? Even if I visited your blog and no image is present in your article, I will hit the back button. Images speaks lot more about the topic been discussed. Try and insert at least an image to your every posts.

Buying Too Much For Your Blog: you are just starting out and you want all premium plugins and themes, you are just wasting money. Only go for plugins and theme you need at present. I personally go for free trials first, if I find the service cool and good, I will then pay for it if worthwhile.

Too Much Thinking, Not Enough Doing: At times you think you need to write more and more, promote more and more. That’s not good. Make sure when you writing, you don’t go off niche, don’t over publish, this leads to irrelevant articles. Make your doings moderate.

Not Monitoring Your Traffic: You created your blog and published articles without checking out your blogs performance, you don’t even know how to check your traffic details. This won’t let you know who your visitors are and which aspect is lacking and which is getting viral on your blog.

Not Having A Reader Avatar: This is what makes your blog visitors have a bit knowledge about who they want to trust, who their teacher is. If you don’t include an avater on your author section, it discourages readers and they think you blog is not professional or still under construction.

Not Being Real And 100% You: Are you a copy paste blogger? Do you claim ownership of articles or tutorials not yours. These are what you should avoid and make yourself real, use your own written articles and self created tutors on your blog.

Not Using Keywords And SEO: You must have known how important this aspect is when it comes to ranking on search engines.

Not Having Categories: So you put all your articles uncategorised? Make a category for your blog posts for easy navigation by readers, it helps in SEO too.

Not Having A Blog Idea List: Another mistake you must avoid, not having a blog topic list idea. It kills your blog and drives traffic out. Always make lists of what you will be posting on.

Source: http://bloggershub.info/revealed-common-mistakes-bloggers-make-ruins-blog/

2 Likes

Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:53am On Nov 07, 2017
This piece is impressive! Thanks OP!

But, how many copy and paste, sorry i mean bloggers will adjust and adapt to this?

2 Likes

Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by edidiongmichael(m): 6:53am On Nov 07, 2017
The babe above me is using 7G to comment. The speed no be here.

Anyway, bloggers come in here and learn. I stopped blogging since last year.. that shiidd looks frustrating.

I'm now into politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by JustHector(m): 6:53am On Nov 07, 2017
Well composed...
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Obierika(m): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2017
Recycling and stealing stories from other bloggers
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Horlami3370: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2017
Hmmmn
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Kobicove(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2017
Telling outright lies should be number 1!
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Webman007: 7:07am On Nov 07, 2017
Fantastics
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Webman007: 7:07am On Nov 07, 2017
-
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by HeWrites(m): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

But, how many copy and paste, sorry i mean bloggers will adjust and adapt to this?

Your stupidity no be here o
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Finstar: 7:16am On Nov 07, 2017
HeWrites:

I think she said the truth.. Most newbies are after making money and in the cause of that pursuit, end up lifting post from other blogs, even when it's unrelated to his or her niche.. Another aspect is trying to copy a competitor's blog design.. They think by having the same design with a successful blog will guarantee success. That's BS.

To make it in this era.. You've got to be different. Do what you're passionate and let the world hear your voice. That's what blogging is all about. It's not magic or luck, do it right and you'll get it right. Another aspect is seo.. Anyone who's blogging now but knows nothing about SEO is on a long thing lol.. When you're tired of sharing, that's when Google becomes a friend. No mater how passionate you are, that zeal will demnish if the views continues being low.. When I started my blog, the zeal was overwhelming and I keep sharing my post everywhere.. Now, I don't even have the strength to share.. I'm now as lazy as the word.. But I'm still blogging cause google have been merciful..Content and seo is king.
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Oladipo1166(m): 7:23am On Nov 07, 2017
noted
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Ayooze(m): 7:24am On Nov 07, 2017
Virtually everyone copies blog post especially those into entertainment or sports how do you get all the fresh juicy news when you dont have people oUTside getting them for you.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by loobby(m): 7:25am On Nov 07, 2017
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by trustibk(m): 7:31am On Nov 07, 2017
kiss
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by ThisandThat247: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2017
@cyberhope if you don't Mind..one simple question...WHAT AND WHAT MAKES A ADSENSE TO GET REJECT....

ah saw something abuh Invalid Click...My first blog Got Reject Cuz of ''INVALID CLICKS''

most of My Blog Post I Transfer to niaraland and at Least 90 percent of them makes Front page...So My traffics are really High...

Are such click considered as INVALID....

Moreover can a blog Template or themes cause any hindrance from being accepted for adsense...

Need replies please...anyone can also help me out....

Thanks..
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by ThisandThat247: 7:46am On Nov 07, 2017
HeWrites:

wat so stupid abuh wat she said??
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by i2nigeria(m): 7:47am On Nov 07, 2017
The book that will change your entrepreneurial spirit
www.inspirengr.com

Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2017
Coming from an unknown blogger hahahaha. Make una go find work

1 Like

Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2017
HeWrites:

Why quoting me?
Must you insult your elder?
Chai! Kids everywhere!
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by HeWrites(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Why quoting me?
Must you insult your elder?
Chai! Kids everywhere!
Sorry ma'am
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by HeWrites(m): 8:11am On Nov 07, 2017
Finstar:

I think she said the truth.. Most newbies are after making money and in the cause of that pursuit, end up lifting post from other blogs, even when it's unrelated to his or her niche.. Another aspect is trying to copy a competitor's blog design.. They think by having the same design with a successful blog will guarantee success. That's BS.

To make it in this era.. You've got to be different. Do what you're passionate and let the world hear your voice. That's what blogging is all about. It's not magic or luck, do it right and you'll get it right. Another aspect is seo.. Anyone who's blogging now but knows nothing about SEO is on a long thing lol.. When you're tired of sharing, that's when Google becomes a friend. No mater how passionate you are, that zeal will demnish if the views continues being low.. When I started my blog, the zeal was overwhelming and I keep sharing my post everywhere.. Now, I don't even have the strength to share.. I'm now as lazy as the word.. But I'm still blogging cause google have been merciful..Content and seo is king.

Okay thanks
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by 9jayes: 8:30am On Nov 07, 2017
Thanks a lot from www.akeentech.com
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Interesting15: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

I'm really impressed by you. How can I get in touch?
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by LegitBoy(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2017
I want to start a blog on law and related legal discuss. What platform do you guys think is best? Wordpress or blogger?
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Mediapace: 9:15am On Nov 07, 2017
LegitBoy:
I want to start a blog on law and related legal discuss. What platform do you guys think is best? Wordpress or blogger?

Wordpress
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by niqqaclaimz(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2017
Check out my new fitness,diet and health blog...
Dietfitelt.com.ng
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Shaw007(m): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2017
spamming nairaland with fake and useless news
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by TrillionBrains(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2017
There are so many mistakes out there that they make C/P COpy paste the chief of them all. Nigerian bloggers though.
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by Harrybarca(m): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make by IamShiningStar(f): 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
op, you are right jare!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quillbot Premium Account Lifetime Access | How To Get It For Free • JENUNE / Which Tld Is Better .com / Com.ng / GTB (Naira) Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.