Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews (27799 Views)

Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / 5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by oyejideogunjumo: 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
LilChamp:
Hello peeps, am really confused as I'm typing this.
Recently I subscribed to Mtn 'Do Not Disturb' Me package. It wasn't long I noticed I can't receive third party sms i.e bulk sms.
Immediately I noticed this I quickly proceeded in deactivating it.
The problem now is that I still can't receive third party messages. No job interview invites is coming in anymore. Just last week I met someone helping in securing a contract, he told me a bulk sms was sent to all the applicants. I told him I didn't receive any but he thought I was lieing.
Pls what can I do to start receiving third party messages back. I have made several calls to mtn customer care and I have texted ALLOW to 2442 several time but still no solution.
Am worried pls anyone affected too and how were you able to resolve this?

I wl advise u use ur alternative line for now to get ur needed contacts while working on that.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Pedroscope(m): 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
Recently I subscribed to Mtn 'Do Not Disturb' Me package. It wasn't long I noticed I can't receive third party sms i.e bulk sms.
The problem now is that I still can't receive third party messages. No job interview invites is coming in anymore. Just last week I met someone helping in securing a contract, he told me a bulk sms was sent to all the applicants. I told him I didn't receive any but he thought I was lieing.
Pls what can I do to start receiving third party messages back. I have made several calls to mtn customer care and I have texted ALLOW to 2442 several time but still no solution.

*PORT* TO ETISALAT.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by ascend: 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
When your phone number is on DND, you will no longer receive notification from all of your services that sends notification SMS using third-party SMS services. This include but not limited to the following:

SMS notifications as regards job invites as most recruiters make use of bulksms service to dispense job notification to candidates
Examination PINs purchased online (eg WAEC, NECO, etc)
Electricity PINs from the third-parties that sell on behalf of the Electricity Distribution Companies
Transaction update of online purchases (eg Jumia, Konga, etc)
Updates from your school or that of your children
Notification and update from your religious organization and societies
Community alerts from Governments Health Centres and NGOs

If you would like to continue receive as regard any of the reasons atated above, you will need to unsubscribe from the DND by following the steps earlier described at the beginning of the article for the different networks

After the procedure and you are still not receiving third-party SMS, please contact the customer care for the network you use

THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ARE USED TO OPT OUT FROM DND FOR THE VARIOUS NETWORKS

For MTN Lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text ALLOW to 2442.

For AIRTEL lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text OUT to 2442.

For GLO Lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text CANCEL to 2442.

For ETISALAT Lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text START to 2442.

http://www.smsfield.com/blog/44-how-to-cancel-dnd

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Babamide(m): 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
This is quite informative. I actually activated DND on my both my lines. Guess I'll have to cancel. But I still get Ureport messages undecided
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Sammiel: 5:47am On Jan 12, 2017
It was active on my line and I was getting bulk sms but I just deactivated it again to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by godquality: 6:47am On Jan 12, 2017
bettercreature:
Why are you having sympathy for him? He is probably one of those sillly Akagum we meet everyday,people who believe anybody who call them is a scammer or want to beg them for money
No sane man would subscribe to DO NOT DISTURB!
He should go back to school to learn the important of communication

This is totally uncalled for. How does your remark help to remedy the situation. Post like this is what is discouraging others with actual issues to seek for advise.

OP, contact MTN customer care, they should be able to assist in resolving this issue for you.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by GoodMuyis(m): 7:08am On Jan 12, 2017
Benjom:
For now, change that number on your CV to another that can receive such messages while you continue to look for a way to rectify the other.

Instead OP should Just port the number to another network all service will be reset to other network default, a lot f people knows him with that number and may be difficult managing multiple sim. Porting take at least 12 hours

cc: LilChamp
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by JideSM: 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
LilChamp:

Hi LilChamp, The inconvenience is deeply regretted. As discussed via MTN Customer care Thread, after attending to your CUG enquiry, and my PM with you, The DND issue which you mentioned during the course of our conversation is currently receiving attention. I will provide feedback on this. https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn_customer_care_thread/
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by REVDIMMY: 1:55am On Jun 24, 2017
Pedroscope:

Hope this helps..

How to Cancel All MTN Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime

How to Cancel All GLO Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime
How to deactivate all Etisalat services to stop deducting your money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alert! Has Anyone Received His/her N-POWER January Stipend. / Recruitment: FRSC Summary Page Resolved / First City Monument Bank Plc Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.