Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,731 members, 7,840,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump (927 Views)

I Had Sex With Donald Trump ‘dozens Of Times’ He Offered Me Cash- Karen Mcdougal / Melania Trump's Stunning Dress To The Trump Pre-inauguration Dinner / Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by Thisis2raw(m): 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
United States President Barack Obama – who will leave office on January 20 – admitted that he cried at a recent senior staff send-off dinner following President-elect Donald Trump’s victory, and now claims had the Constitution let him seek a third term he would have decisively trounced Trump.
Speaking to his former aide David Axelrod in a podcast interview titled The Axe Files, Obama said: “I am confident in this vision because I’m confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could’ve mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it.”
“I know that in conversations that I’ve had with people around the country, even some people who disagreed with me, they would say, ‘The vision, the direction that you point towards is the right one,’” the outgoing president said.
The Constitution limits a president to serving only two terms. The 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, passed in 1947 after President Franklin D. Roosevelt had been elected to four terms, limits chief executives to two terms in office.
Obama showered praises on his staff, saying their “heart” and “idealism” inspired him to successful two terms as head of state.
“We had our senior staff dinner … I got through about four minutes of the thing and started getting the hanky out,” he admitted.
Obama said it feels like the “band” is breaking up, but that he wants to devote his post-presidency to growing the “talent” and vision that began in his two terms as president of the United States.
“Overall, this place never got cynical,” he said, praising the many aides he’s had over the years. We never had that fire snuffed out. That is a point of pride for me,” he added.
The president also looked forward to leaving the White House, saying he’s going to take his wife, Michelle, on a “nice” vacation because “she deserves it.”
Donald Trump has taken to Twitter to respond to Obama’s claims, thumping for his victory had he faced Obama in the November 8 U.S. Presidential election.
“President Obama said that he thinks he would have won against me. He should say that but I say NO WAY! — jobs leaving, ISIS, OCare, etc.,” he tweeted Monday afternoon.
Republican Donald Trump gained victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the November 8 U.S. Presidential election, despite Clinton having the support of sitting President Barack Obama.
Trump secured 304 Electoral College votes to Hillary Clinton’s 227 on December 19 to cement his election as head of state.

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
This joker is the reason ISIS succeeded.

6 Likes

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by kilode100(f): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2016
Who him tears epp?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
Assad & Putin be like...He who laugh last, laughs longest grin cheesy grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by AfroBlue(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
gud bye and enjoy ur long vacation mr. empty suit war monger.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by bonechamberlain(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
Clownish terrorism supporter, take that ur useless crocodile tears to Oklahoma.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by romme2u: 3:13am On Dec 29, 2016
Zoharariel:
Assad & Putin be like...He who laugh last, laughs longest grin cheesy grin

Abeg help post that who will go picture
Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2016
romme2u:

Abeg help post that who will go picture

grin

6 Likes

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by romme2u: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by Adminisher: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
careytommy7:
This joker is the reason ISIS succeeded.

You don't know jack. ISIS succeeded because Iraqi government is Shiite and the Sunni tribes set them up.
Obama , Trump, Putin are too small to eradicate ISIS or solve middle East problems. The hatred there; Arab - Israel, Sunni - Shiite, Kurd- Turkey are too deep and spiritual for any worldly solution.
Trump and Putin will eventually end up doing what Obama is doing - playing off one power against the other to achieve balance
Re: Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump by Adminisher: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
This tears were not about the elections. They were shed over a year ago and they were shed because of little children who lost their lives in a terrorist incident inside the US perpetrated by Americans in a school.

You have to show maturity when you are posting stuff. Lies can be busted as easily as you can tell them . Soon most social media sites will come with lie notifiers to bust these kind of lies

(1) (Reply)

Seven Killed In Cameroon As Anglophones Declare Independence / No More Transgender In USA- Donald Trump Ends Law Encouraging Transgender / Mary Trump - Trump Paid Someone To Take His SAT Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.