Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,388 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

The Christmas Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Christmas Rice (780 Views)

Christmas Rice / What If You Can Learn Additional Dish Apart From The Usual Christmas Rice / Share Photos Of Your Christmas Rice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Christmas Rice by Shynaboy1: 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
Yeah. It was on the day of Christmas that we had those visitors. Sorry for using 'we', my parents were not around, neither my siblings nor anybody. I couldn't send the visitors away without preparing "a little something" for them. Yes! That was what I told them. I asked what I should offer and they insisted on "anything". Before I forget, they were 3 in number. One was my Dad's partner in work together with his wife. The other was a third street neighbour. Ehn! The one you call 'alatojubo'.
Being a lazy guy who doesn't know how to cook, I googled out both 'how to make fried rice and the ingredients in making it'. I quickly plugged the cooker and set into action. After pouring half a litre of groundnut oil in a pot, I waited for the oil to do 'shin-shin' and I added 3 onions which I cut into three halves each. I added 3 teaspoonful of ground pepper and 5 cubes of maggi. After these exercise, I poured in 8 cups of rice only to realize I haven't added seasoning, salt, theme, curry and colouring. I quickly did justice to all these and added 2 litres of water. After about 45 minutes, I opened the pot and found out the water was too much. I poured out little. After about another 20 minutes, I perceived a smell that the rice was burning but when I opened the pot, there was still water. I poured out the water again and by this time, most of the colouring had gone out with the water. After another 15 minutes, I mixed the rice with a big spoon but to my utter dismay, the rice was so soft that it was like porridge. By this time, the visitors had waited for a long time and were talking about going soon (indirectly asking for the food). I had to run away using the back door.
That was the Christmas rice I prepared.

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Top Belly Fat Loss Foods That Melt Stubborn Belly Fat Fast / Affordable Cakes / Valentine Cake Promo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.