Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP (928 Views)

Nigerian Couple In UK Has Been Jailed For Child Abuse & Sexual Assault. PHOTOS / UPDATE : The Flogger Has Been Jailed 9 Years In Prison. See Pics / RRS Arrests Thief Who Has Been Jailed 7 Times For Stealing Driver's Phone (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by Emyo(m): 6:26am On Dec 28, 2016
Am very confused right now. I am also very scared, I rather kill myself than go to jail. What is the implications of my actions and inactions please I want to know because I woke to see a miss call from COURT Bailiff (got to know via truecaller).

It all started when I bought a bike from a students like myself, who gave me the receipt of the bike and also the entire change of ownership he too got from the person who sold it to him. I think it had passed through numerous buyers, up to six before getting to me.

I then used it for six months and sold it to someone else giving that person the same receipt given to me and the few change of ownership given to me too. BUT WE DID NOT DO OUR OWN CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP.

So few months ago, the my bike buyer came to my place to Police arrested him and they are asking for his own change of ownership, that the issue is with the police. I hate police wahala, so I prayed it should get to the court before I am called upon, am afraid God answered my prayer.

We did not write the change of ownership agreement, I gave him just the papers as I too got it when I bought it, Have I committed any crime? what should I do now? Am so scared. My exams starts in January.

I didn't steal the bike, in fact the person who sold the bike to me or rather I bought in his mechanic workshop is still very much available and reachable.
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by kilode100(f): 6:30am On Dec 28, 2016
Things we fear so much has a way of befalling us, Cc Job in the bible,

Your Destiny might actually be going to jail, who knows, you might be the next Mandela,Obasanjo or Akon,

Fear not My Child!

4 Likes

Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by hungryboy(m): 6:39am On Dec 28, 2016
kilode100:
Things we fear so much has a way of befalling us, Cc Job in the bible,

Your Destiny might actually be going to jail, who knows, you might be the next Mandela,Obasanjo or Akon,

Fear not My Child!
or he could be the Next unknown prisoner who is going to be in Kirikiri, eating strong beans and watery soup for the rest of his life

1 Like

Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by Omexonomy: 6:50am On Dec 28, 2016
You havent commited any crime but just note the police will want to chop from you

1 Like

Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by illicit(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2016
you have done nothing and thats actually ur offence, so when the police come around again, do the needful
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by Emyo(m): 7:03am On Dec 28, 2016
illicit:
you have done nothing and thats actually ur offence, so when the police come around again, do the needful
Please what should I do. This is no longer about the police but the Judiciary. They can serve me papers at my last known address and pass judgement even without me attending any proceedings. That's if I claim ignorant of their summons.

I don't know my crime, neither do I know what their judgement could be. So I'm scared it will affect my career at the long run.

Am crying, don't know what to do
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by francisbarrack(m): 7:12am On Dec 28, 2016
Its not funny, all u have to do is explain dis to any of your family member DAT is old n hope u still have d photocopy ?
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by alexiej(m): 7:36am On Dec 28, 2016
First thing for you to do is call the Court Bailiff back and hear what he has to say. If its a big deal and ure a defendant/an accused in a case, it's better to know and prepare/defend yourself than to have a default judgement entered against you and ull have to appeal, apply for bail (pending appeal) and stuff.

Secondly, if the above is the case, ure entitled to a lawyer from the Legal Aid Council of Nigeria, (since I think ure a student and may nt be able to afford the legal fees). So u can visit their office.

Now, for your sake, I sincerely hope u don't have to go through all these.
Its possible the person who purchased the bike from you committed a crime with it, and your name came up as the owner, since the documents still portray you as such. The issue would be more complicated if such purchaser is at large, or he if he's in custody and he insists that you were in on the crime together, portraying you as a co offender or an accessory after the fact.

Which brings me back to my first point. Call the bailiff.. We can only keep speculating until you do. It may be nothing at all.... It could be that he wants to make an enquiry about something (maybe the address of your purchaser).

Put ur mind at rest. I wish u all the best bro.

And by the way, its only expedient that one drafts a change of ownership agreement (as prima facie proof of transfer of title), its not a crime if you don't. It may be difficult proving that title to the property had passed before the commission of a crime though.
It also seems you've not told us everything, cos u quickly linked a missed call with the motorcycle. Why not any other thing?
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by ArabMopol(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2016
this fear fear AFONJA ppl self.... Op it's never a big deal to spend ur few years inside prison , it will bring peace into ur heart and likewise bring u closer to ur God, don't worry ur relatives we look after whatever thing u left behind, u might be next Mandela or Joseph of our time as my brother b4 me cogitate.... Fear not my son says the lord
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by Emyo(m): 10:28am On Dec 28, 2016
alexiej:
First thing for you to do is call the Court Bailiff back and hear what he has to say. If its a big deal and ure a defendant/an accused in a case, it's better to know and prepare/defend yourself than to have a default judgement entered against you and ull have to appeal, apply for bail (pending appeal) and stuff.

Secondly, if the above is the case, ure entitled to a lawyer from the Legal Aid Council of Nigeria, (since I think ure a student and may nt be able to afford the legal fees). So u can visit their office.

Now, for your sake, I sincerely hope u don't have to go through all these.
Its possible the person who purchased the bike from you committed a crime with it, and your name came up as the owner, since the documents still portray you as such. The issue would be more complicated if such purchaser is at large, or he if he's in custody and he insists that you were in on the crime together, portraying you as a co offender or an accessory after the fact.

Which brings me back to my first point. Call the bailiff.. We can only keep speculating until you do. It may be nothing at all.... It could be that he wants to make an enquiry about something (maybe the address of your purchaser).

Put ur mind at rest. I wish u all the best bro.

And by the way, its only expedient that one drafts a change of ownership agreement (as prima facie proof of transfer of title), its not a crime if you don't. It may be difficult proving that title to the property had passed before the commission of a crime though.
It also seems you've not told us everything, cos u quickly linked a missed call with the motorcycle. Why not any other thing?

I want to thank you so much.
And for the questions, they is no other reason why Court Bailiff should call me, like I did say the person who bought it from me have before hand told me that they are at the police station and from there it is court.

I refused to go near the police station because of fear.
So when I saw the call I immediately think it should be from same issue
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by adecares(f): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2016
the fear of Nigeria Police, is the beginning of hiding
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by Emyo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
adecares:
the fear of Nigeria Police, is the beginning of hiding
I can hide for police but court can enter judgement on your behalf and you would need to appeal
Re: Please Someone Should Help Me, Am Scared Of Been Jailed. HELP HELP by illicit(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
get a lawyer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Updated Pictures/ Full Story Of Hausas And Yorubas Clash At Ile-ife, Osun State / Woman Faints After Seeing Her Daughter In Pastor’s S*x Tape (photos) / Man Kills Girlfriend For Calling The Name Of Her Ex During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.