Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,780 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? (992 Views)

Woman Pours Bucket Of Water On Her Daughter After She Did The 'Faint Dance' / What Did You Learn About Women From Your Father? / Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by charleff512(m): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2016
The year 2016 was a very great one for me despite the recession.
I learnt valuable life lessons that I will like to share.
1.Dont budget nor plan on funds you dont have at hand.
The case of the federal government looking for where to borrow money from to fund the budget proposal taught me how not to depend on money not gotten.Plan with money at hand except you are sure of the expected funds.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by charleff512(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
2.Learn to use alternatives
As price of goods and commodities skyrocked to a record high of 92% due to recession I learnt to buy products that have same quality but differnt brand names so as live within my means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by charleff512(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
3.Cut down on luxuries not neccesities to reduce expenses
I had to buy washing machine and clipper to reduce weekly contributions to drycleaner and barber for shaving.As petty as this sounds the change could be used for something meaningful.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by charleff512(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
4.Patience
I learnt to be patient and honest with determination despite pressure to have instant gratification and this virtue gave me a new and higher appointment.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by charleff512(m): 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
5.Partying is necessary but not compulsory
I learnt to reject aso-ebi and stab parties and also celebrated mine with few families and well wishers.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Acidosis(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
I learnt that the opinion of the majority mostly result to disaster. A case in point is the decision of the majority to install a NEPA bill holder. We all suffered the consequence of that mal-decision.

Whenever you're confused, seek the opinion of the majority, and do the opposite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Danimighty7(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Learn to be frugal I finally figured out that money does not actually grow on trees

2 Likes

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
Contentment

2 Likes

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
Be happy always, stop worrying your little head over nothing, stop being anxious over life when you have God who can do all things.

2 Likes

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Richy4(m): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Be cool with your family @ all times....someone might be healthy and cool and even celebrate the new year with you in January, only to be gone by June for ever....I learned that the hard way this freaking year....
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by prettyangel10(f): 10:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Humans are more scary than ghost stories.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Diamondwhat: 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
Patience, Strong will. ..never trust people...family comes first....keep helping people in your own little way and never expect them to reciprocate......you only know those you love and not the ones that love you....i can go on and on and in the end.....you get to know your true friends when you are down
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Divay22(f): 1:11am On Dec 29, 2016
Your opinion is all that matters,because at the end of the day it either you learn a lesson from it or you are blessed with it.
The future we seek is the today we have,your deeds of today will determine your product of tomorrow...

Always have a back up plan,Act fast and Act smart
I learnt this from what is currently happening in Nigeria....
If Nigeria didn't focus all their hopes on OIL, I guess we wouldn't have been where we are now,we never had any back up plan,we neglected other fields,but see today Agriculture is what we have suddenly venture into,and people now are running into it,if then when OIL was okay and we entered Agriculture I guess Nigeria wouldn't have resolve to the level it is today.........

Everything God gave to us has it own usefulness,never neglect any...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Nobody: 4:10am On Dec 29, 2016
Acidosis:
I learnt that the opinion of the majority mostly result to disaster. A case in point is the decision of the majority to install a NEPA bill holder. We all suffered the consequence of that mal-decision.

Whenever you're confused, seek the opinion of the majority, and do the opposite
So true cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by chriskosherbal(m): 4:37am On Dec 29, 2016
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by romme2u: 6:08am On Dec 29, 2016
Acidosis:

Whenever you're confused, seek the opinion of the majority, and do the opposite.

learning when to flow with the tide and when not to may be the deal breaker.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Recoverd(f): 6:17am On Dec 29, 2016
Challenges are tickets to your next level
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by MrsMurphy(f): 10:57am On Dec 29, 2016
That I should only put my hope in God
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2016
It taught me that you cannot help people who are not ready to be helped.
It taught me to be happy even if people you love are not.
It taught me to appreciate my life, all the big and little things.
It taught me to keep my cool in heated situations and to raise above circumstances and stay anchored from inside.
It taught me that faith and self-confidence can indeed move mountains.
It taught me that I can trust myself, my intelligence and my intuition.
It taught me that it pays to do the right thing from a place of love.
It taught me that it is always a good choice to take the path of least resistance.
It taught me that the most important relationship is the one I have with myself and God.
It taught me that all perspectives are valid; just that some are more constructive.
It taught me that we all have unlimited power, not from this world.
It taught me that understanding goes a longer way than judgment.
It taught me that there is no death.
It taught me that the power of emotions is severely underestimated.
It taught me to love myself more than ever.
It taught me that wonders happen all the time.
It taught me that I am responsible for everything that happens to me or does not.
It taught me that we all have something in common, the desire to be happy.

I wish for all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! May all your dreams come true.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by 5minsmadness: 11:38am On Dec 29, 2016
Mindfulness:

I wish for all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! May all your dreams come true.

Na book dem say make you write? See ya head angry

You've been missing, welcome.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
5minsmadness:

Na book dem say make you write? See ya head angry

You've been missing, welcome.

I have been celebrating Christmas. cheesy

Thanks.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by charleff512(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
7.All politicians have one thing in common:SELFISHNESS
They are never to be trusted because they are not magicians moreso many of them will never keep to their words once they are elected
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by charleff512(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
8.You are responsibile for your security,water,road and power.
Make efforts to see that you have these things by setting aside some amount every month for these necessities.Sometimes it may have to be through communal efforts.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by LadyJasper: 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
It taught me not to say 'never', you can't tell for sure.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
2016 taught me that no matter how bad things are, they could in fact get even worse.

So no matter how horrible that situation is, learn to count your blessings and give thanks to Jehovah.
Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by sunvick(m): 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
2016 taught me couple of lessons.

1. Do not put all your Trust in man/woman, but God
2. Do not rely on anyone for your happiness, be your own happiness
3. Stand in love and not fall in love
4. Always plan ahead and Prepare for the best but expect the worst.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Year 2016 Teach You? by calliope(f): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
It taught me failure has the ability to teach.
It taught me wishes do come true sometimes.
It taught me not to expect cos expectations most often leaves one wrecked.
It taught me to choose family over friends.. Cos friends would go and family would always stay.
It taught me to be tankful for little I have.
It taught me to believe and love self more.
It taught me how to not give two Fvcks about people's opinion.
It taught me to say No.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Incredible: One Man Fathered Over 1300 Children (pics) / I Wish I Had Understood This Earlier In Life – A Must Read / If You Found Out One Of You Sibs Was Gay,what Do U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.