Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

What Are Your Challenges,if Any,to Running An Online Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are Your Challenges,if Any,to Running An Online Business? (487 Views)

Legal Guide To Running A Photography Business / The Only Secret To Running A 6 Figure Business Anywhere In The World / Registering and running An NGO In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Challenges,if Any,to Running An Online Business? by MsSantaClaus(f): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
There are so many Online businesses going on in the developed world, and when I say Online Business, I dont mean HYIP,FOREX etc.

For example, looking on instagram there are so many businesses making huge amounts of money, from the Global audience there (600 million active users as of yesterday and growing strong.
Thats the reason programs such as Rich kids of Instagram emerged, but hardly do we see any Nigerians showcased.

Many of these businesses are in the form of :-

1. Online Courses
2. Info products
3. Coaching
4. Blogging
5. Digital products
6. Services

to name a few.

Having run my business online for about 3 years, I have come across several challenges that Nigerians and people from developing countries experience when running a business online or trying to do so.

My list is as follows, you can add yours, and i'd be happy to discuss solutions to these common problems, so Nigerians too can get a piece of the Online Business revolution and become Rich Kids of Instagram! cool

1. Internet Access - Very epileptic and in many instances not strong enough to participate in webinars and watch live videos.
2. Payment - Payment between developed and developing countries, payment for products via eg PayPal has restrictions
3. Shipping - No reliable postal service, other methods are expensive , packages frequently go missing.
4. Trust issues - they believe it must be a scam If it's online.
5. Banking - Lack of availability or trust in using Debit cards for online payments and the restriction in the amount of foreign currency allowance per month. Credit cards are hardly available
6. Exchange rate - the rate fluctuate a lot between our currency and the dollar, making products far to expensive to retail “
7. Online Resources are not available to some developing Countries, eg Kindle books
8. Some Apps are also not available to peope in developing countries.

There are some solutions to these problems or ways to get around them if you know how.

You can join my Free Masterclass Group if you want to learn more on how I've successfuly run a Global Infoprenuer Business online as well as Retailing my physical products in Nigeria,whilst living in another country. (check my signature to join )

(1) (Reply)

Gift Cards Tutors Needed / MMM Participant Reveals Why It Is Failing / Let Me Supply Crayfish To Your Hotel, Restaurant Or Buka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.