Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Bad Experience With My Boss. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Bad Experience With My Boss. (569 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Bad Experience With My Boss. by Allthingsbright: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
Compliments of the season to you all.

I needed to share this experience to ease off the bitterness i feel inside of me. I received this very cruel and demeaning attitude to my person by someone i never expected it from;my boss.

You see i have worked for this man for some years now. I have being working in an assisting management capacity and though the pay is just there, i have strove to put in my best and indeed he has always acknowledged my efforts to others (not to me). He is aware i have rejected other job offers while working for him and most people call me his right man and i willingly put in my best diligently,honestly and loyally to ensure that this image is maintained even when i haven't being getting the benefits that should come from this tags. I have indeed grown to see this man as a friend and related to him as such. Due to my attitude and likeness for this man and the passion put into this job, some of my colleagues including some of his family now show me open dislike and enmity and of which my boss is fully aware of.

why am i pained right now? People always say my boss is a mean and self centered person and that he loves using people. i always defend him whenever such comments come up that he is not like they see him and that he is just a careful,meticulous and calculative business person. I have always being the type to overlook certain actions of his and other colleagues on the job as i see them as normal human tendencies but i never expected this from him.

Sometime this month he and his family had a thanksgiving service and he invited me to come grace the occasion and i was bound to honor the invitation. So that day, all dressed up and looking sharp i arrived the venue and it was a really big event and each family member entertained his own guests in their various houses while the dj and mc entertained other guests in the compound. I being the reclusive type quietly went to my bosses own house and sat with other of his guests( some ladies, many of his wifes guest, some kids and other persons i do not really know) in his sitting room. The house helps were busy attending to the guests and i was just comfortable scrolling through my phone in a corner. Suddenly my boss walks in , goes around greeting the guests and then he sights me in my corner and says this to me so loud and clear that all could hear it:

" James what the hell are you doing in here, go outside and stay there"

I was shell shocked at the manner at which he said it but still kept smiling to see if he was just joking yet adding salt to injury he repeated the same comment two more times now with a more mean and dismissive tone. All eyes turned on me as i calmly stood up and walked out. I have never being this embarrassed before and as i moved out i could feel the stares and jeers thrown at me from the other guests. I stayed outside for sometime and then took my leave from the occasion. I retrospected to see if there was anything i must have done wrong or if we had had any issues in the recent past that could have fueled this attitude towards me but i could honestly find none.

Although I don't feel comfortable on the job anymore, I have a wife and three kids and cant just leave the job right now neither do i have another yet at the moment. I know i can not honestly put in my best again on this job with this hard feelings and i just want to quit right now cause i feel betrayed. I sincerely don't know how to pretend and feel i should confront him and tell him his actions that day was not proper and damn whatever consequences that comes out from my confrontation to him.

What would you my dear nairalanders advice me to do.
Re: My Bad Experience With My Boss. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Allthingsbright:
Compliments of the season to you all.

I needed to share this experience to ease off the bitterness i feel inside of me. I received this very cruel and demeaning attitude to my person by someone i never expected it from;my boss.

You see i have worked for this man for some years now. I have being working in an assisting management capacity and though the pay is just there, i have strove to put in my best and indeed he has always acknowledged my efforts to others (not to me). He is aware i have rejected other job offers while working for him and most people call me his right man and i willingly put in my best diligently,honestly and loyally to ensure that this image is maintained even when i haven't being getting the benefits that should come from this tags. I have indeed grown to see this man as a friend and related to him as such. Due to my attitude and likeness for this man and the passion put into this job, some of my colleagues including some of his family now show me open dislike and enmity and of which my boss is fully aware of.

why am i pained right now? People always say my boss is a mean and self centered person and that he loves using people. i always defend him whenever such comments come up that he is not like they see him and that he is just a careful,meticulous and calculative business person. I have always being the type to overlook certain actions of his and other colleagues on the job as i see them as normal human tendencies but i never expected this from him.

Sometime this month he and his family had a thanksgiving service and he invited me to come grace the occasion and i was bound to honor the invitation. So that day, all dressed up and looking sharp i arrived the venue and it was a really big event and each family member entertained his own guests in their various houses while the dj and mc entertained other guests in the compound. I being the reclusive type quietly went to my bosses own house and sat with other of his guests( some ladies, many of his wifes guest, some kids and other persons i do not really know) in his sitting room. The house helps were busy attending to the guests and i was just comfortable scrolling through my phone in a corner. Suddenly my boss walks in , goes around greeting the guests and then he sights me in my corner and says this to me so loud and clear that all could hear it:

" James what the hell are you doing in here, go outside and stay there"

I was shell shocked at the manner at which he said it but still kept smiling to see if he was just joking yet adding salt to injury he repeated the same comment two more times now with a more mean and dismissive tone. All eyes turned on me as i calmly stood up and walked out. I have never being this embarrassed before and as i moved out i could feel the stares and jeers thrown at me from the other guests. I stayed outside for sometime and then took my leave from the occasion. I retrospected to see if there was anything i must have done wrong or if we had had any issues in the recent past that could have fueled this attitude towards me but i could honestly find none.

Although I don't feel comfortable on the job anymore, I have a wife and three kids and cant just leave the job right now neither do i have another yet at the moment. I know i can not honestly put in my best again on this job with this hard feelings and i just want to quit right now cause i feel betrayed. I sincerely don't know how to pretend and feel i should confront him and tell him his actions that day was not proper and damn whatever consequences that comes out from my confrontation to him.

What would you my dear nairalanders advice me to do.

me ooo. I suggest you just talk to him about him not in confrontation oo, but in a subtle and humble manner.

maybe he was going through some mental stress that day and he was looking for who to pour the 'product' on and luckily you were there...

Don't quit till you find another work sha, think about your family.

coming from my own shikini sense oo
Re: My Bad Experience With My Boss. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2016

(1) (Reply)

10 Simple Steps To Become More Productive In Life And Not Just Busy. / Job@msf / Boost Your Career Today, Get Quality Top Notch Training In AUTOCAD and INVENTOR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.