Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better (1321 Views)

5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer / How To Smell Nice Always / How To Smell Nice Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by PascalEgens: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Freezing is a way of living that has been with us for ages. We freeze our raw food (like meat), leftovers, and water. Because freezing is a process that slows down regular biological processes, the effect is when we freeze our food, those organisms that would have had a swell time in a room temperature will become powerless and inactive.

However, there is a weird belief that freezing makes something to burn longer. Take the candle for example; a candle kept in the freezer before lightening it will take moderately longer time to burn than a candle left in a room temperature.

But, there is a weirder way to go unconventional with your freezer.

Your Jeans.

We wear jeans all the time because we love them, which means we have to wash them all the time and so they slowly start to fade with each wash and wear. At the short or long run, we become either hell bent to rock our faded jeans or we sadly turn it into a foot mat or dispose them.

I remember when I was younger, my older cousin will tell me not to wash my jeans always, if not it will fade easily. He proposed using a hard brush to remove the stains and I should wash it once in two weeks or in a month depending on how frequent I wear it.

Now some individuals are proposing one other option for your jeans to rockingly last.

Freeze the Jeans!!!

Normally jeans can easily smell due to bacteria feasting on its favourable temperature and environment. When they begin to smell, we wash them and often wash causes it to fade.

But what if we freeze the jeans.

By freezing, we press the stand still button of those bacteria that are enjoying the room temperature and environment of the jeans. They become inactive and some can even die. As the lives of the bacteria are chilled, their activity come to a halt and freshness is being revived in the jeans.

Freezing your jeans does not stop you from washing them, because it does not kill the bacteria, it only slows them down. Rather, freezing means that you won’t have to wash your jeans as often and they might last a little longer before beginning to fade. And it also makes the jeans to smell better.

You know Nigeria is pretty hot place especially during the dry season, so we like to cool everything. Some people are taking the bold and controversial step of putting their pillowcase or socks in the fridge or freezer before using it to sleep. I understand. Heat could be very discomforting. So any little nifty trick that might keep you cool and give you that refreshing bit of comfort during sleep hours is okay.

As I was typing this post, I was thinking what if we freeze our under wears: boxers, pants for some minutes before putting them on. Waoh, that,s very weird but I will love to try it.

Note that is not advisable to freeze your jeans next to an unwrapped food or putting on your jeans straight out of the freezer.

If you have anything odd that you put in your fridge or freezer that you find helpful or have a friend who likes to break fridge/freezer convention, share with us. LOL

Source: http://www.homeaplik.com/hap-class/hap-114-know-freezing-jeans-can-help-not-fade

Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by lawrenzi(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
lol
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
If this post hits frontpage & gets a positive review, comments & remark, then the business idea you just unlocked in my head will earn you a commission. I promise.
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by PascalEgens: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lol. Thanks for the commission yet to come. Lol. You can visit my small blog for more conventional and unconventional things we need to know. www.homeaplik.com
beatcoins:
If this post hits frontpage & gets a positive review, comments & remark, then the business idea you just unlocked in my head will earn you a commission. I promise.
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
grin

If we can freeze the jeans, it means we can freeze underwear too cheesy

I wanna try to freeze my bra since I only have 2 tongue I don't wear bra most of the time coz I have nothing to cover but the thought of having a cold bra cud freeze my t!ts a little grin
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Emescot(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
Saw this on pinterest some time ago.. Funny enough i no get freezer angry thanks for sharing! But try it first and show us
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Emescot(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin

I wanna try to freeze my bra since I only have 2 tongue I don't wear bra most of the time coz I have nothing to cover but the thought of having a cold bra cud freeze my t!ts a little grin
Jeez, u're everywhere... U dont have breast??
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
Emescot:
Jeez, u're everywhere... U dont have breast??

I do have.. But not bulging like those girls u played with cheesy wink
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by PascalEgens: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hahahahahahahahha. Waoh. To Freeze underwear, that definitely a weird way to go.

Guess what, as I typed this post on my blog.....I was reasoning to try out freezing one of my boxers. Imagine the feeling wearing a cold undies for some minutes in a hot weather. Waoh!!!!!
TrapQueen77:
grin

Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
PascalEgens:
Hahahahahahahahha. Waoh. To Freeze underwear, that definitely a weird way to go.

Guess what, as I typed this post on my blog.....I was reasoning to try out freezing one of my boxers. Imagine the feeling wearing a cold undies for some minutes in a hot weather. Waoh!!!!!

That sounds sexxxy to me grin

U will have a crunchy boxers & slowly melting grin
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by divinehand2003(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

My TrapQueen77, but you know that you just told a lie. You are one of the busties I have on NL. Wait long to behold your beauty all day long, most especially your frontline anatomy that even Kim Kardashian will be jealous of.
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Emescot(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

hehehe i dont like it big o... As long as the nipple will stand tall when we are playing am cool ;-D
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
divinehand2003:

My TrapQueen77, but you know that you just told a lie. You are one of the busties I have on NL. Wait long to behold your beauty all day long, most especially your frontline anatomy that even Kim Kardashian will be jealous of.

Hahahaahah.... Ur funny... I no be lie ooo grin

I'm not complaining with my flat chest tho.. I'm cool with it & I am happy that at least I won't be carrying those heavy melons like KIM K sha.. kiss cheesy
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Emescot:
hehehe i dont like it big o... As long as the nipple will stand tall when we are playing am cool ;-D

Hahahaahha... grin

I can't stop laughing now ooo.. My imagination ,it runs wild again.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Emescot(m): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Hahahaahha... grin

I can't stop laughing now ooo.. My imagination runs wild again.. cheesy
You know, I have never really played with a queen before, i wonder what its like grin Royal Pleasure!? #Yaayi!
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
Emescot:
You know, I have never really played with a queen before, i wonder what its like grin Royal Pleasure!? #Yaayi!

I personally don't like that word grin I'm kinda allergic to that.. tongue haaahhahaha
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Emescot(m): 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

I personally don't like that word grin I'm kinda allergic to that.. tongue haaahhahaha

Oh Oh am trapped, i can feel something moving in my pants #HELPPPPPPPP!!
Re: Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better by Coyotejack(m): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2016
It helps to persevere the fabric
Just like baking soda helps to remove yellow armpit stains.
Saw it on a thread once here on NL.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Manshanu / O K, Italians Bags / Original Botcho Cream By Dr.zoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.