Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. (33386 Views)

Inside A Dog Meat Factory: Shocking Photos Reveal How Dogs Are Chained Up(pics) / See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. / Badagry Residents,turn Up Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Horlufemi(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
Recession Palaver

Dogs have disappeared from the streets in Ekiti State following rise in the consumption of dog meat by residents, a check by the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, has shown.

NAN reports that more people have increasingly turned to dog meat for their nutrition in spite of the taboo hitherto associated with the consumption of dog meat in the state.

In Ado-Ekiti, Ikere-Ekiti, Ise-Ekiti, Emure- Ekiti, Ikole-Ekiti and Otun Ekiti new dog slaughter slabs have sprung up as residents devour the meat in homes, restaurants and beer parlours.

A resident said no fewer than 20 of such slaughter slabs exist in Ado Ekiti alone.

“A good number of beer parlours and relaxation centres now make pepper soup and suya from dog meat.

“Because of the high rate of consumption of dog meat, it is now difficult to see dogs on the street and their cost have risen astronomically,” the resident, who craved anonymity said.

Three-months-old dogs previously sold for as low as N500, now attract up to N3,000, while adult go for between N6,000 and N15,000 depending on the size.

Debo Olusola, who trades in dog meat, said he makes an average of N10,000 daily from sale of dog meat suya.

A veterinary doctor, Kunle Adeyemi, warned against excessive consumption of the meat, saying it was “risky and injurious to health” due to rabies content in dog flesh and blood.

https://www.today.ng/news/metro/237907/dogs-disappear-ekiti-streets-residents-turn-dog-meat

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by midolian(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Eran Ogun grin grin grin

Why dem no go disappear? Dog sef value hin life na cheesy cheesy cheesy

Buh seriously, some people can eat anything. The day a friend of mine said "monkey is sweet", I confirmed this.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
grin grin grin grin

It is 5pm do you know where your dogs are?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Justice28(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
Let me come and be going

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by paschal47(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Stomach infrastructure

Calabar people don enter ekiti ooo

38 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by tolurainbow(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lol wen chicken done cost wot next..
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by modath(f): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
sad sad
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by COOLDK(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Apology my Ekiti folks, A typical Ekiti guy is always characterized of Aggressiveness, Agidi and Impatience (not all though).

Can this be one of the leading cause? Dogs are known to possess those traits lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
gringrin

Hunger in the land sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by chronique(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
What kind of wickedness is this? Eating a dog,is akin to eating a human being in my own opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Olukokosir(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
nawa ooo....

make i bath my dog nd carry am enter my aouz... nobody mst use u do Asun for dz ekiti state

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by WomanOfRace(f): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Too bad.....man bestfriend

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by myfantasies(f): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Recession don take over

Wen d desirable is not available d available becomes the desirable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by osaslord500(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
myfantasies:
Recession don take over

Dog line o ja womo
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha. Before nko? Wetin you want make them do? Abeg help me laugh

1 Like

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by bokunrawo(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Omg, Nawa 4 Nigeria, new occurrence every day

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by mikool007(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
a minute for the dogs

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by mightyhazell: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Haba!

And recession neva start o!

So if say na dem endure bombardment and blockade for 3years,..na human beings and even human excreta for be main menu grin

5 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by DirtyGold: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Incomplete report!
OP, go back to Ekiti state, interview that noisemaker-in-chief and record particularly where buhari caused this situation.

PEEPS, SHINE YOUR EYES! BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT!!

What's tha business?

4 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by demoBaba: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
I'm coming.
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by sabacity(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dog meat don take over... things are not smiling ooo!

1 Like

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by seXytOhbAd(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
From chicken to monitor lizard and snake to dog meat to cat meat to...... Lizard and wall gecko next?

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by IYANGBALI: 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ajepako no come near my dogs o
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Princess4ng(f): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hahahahahaha... Very funny story
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by jericco1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
grin
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by mightyhazell: 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
This is why we need more fayose's 2 jolt buhari 2 action. People are really suffering. In my presence 2day,sombody stole some sticks of carrots,..his saving grace was dat hez an indigene,..abokki boys don ready 2 vent woteva frustrations dey hav on him.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by olusola200: 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ogun the god of iron must hear this
Fayose has realy try for ekiti
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by FrankNetter(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
shocked This country sha
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by alizma: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
FAYOSE IS LEADING THEM TO THEIR PROMISE LAND.
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Olateef(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by Lincoln275(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
may b ondo pple don enter ekiti
Re: Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. by iyatrustee(f): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
Junk journalism!

Dogs never finish for Akwa ibom and Cross River, na Ekiti wey majority no dey chop dog?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Names His Dog 'Nancy' After His Female Neighbour In Lagos / Meet Leo And Belle, My Adorable German Shepherds / Man Feeds His Dog With Weed, See The Dogs' Reaction Afterwards (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.