Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Sefteg Paying Back Depositors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sefteg Paying Back Depositors (1677 Views)

CAC Liquidates 30 Wonder Banks, As Depositors May Lose N106bn / How Sanusi Saved Depositors From Losing N2tr To Sick Banks - Sanusi / Depositors Lose N70m To Wonder Bank, Director Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
I just saw an advert in the Guardian asking all creditors of Sefteg Nigeria Ltd to come for claims verification and payment. The company is being wound up by a provisional liquidator. According to the advert, the exercise starts on 23rd Nov and ends 27th November. However, there is a caveat that the exercise is only for those who have submitted their claims to the provisional liquidator, this is what I don't understand, can anybody please throw more light on this. That is, when were claims submitted to the provisional liquidator, was it when CBN and SEC did a verification exercise?
Finally how can the provisional liquidator be reached cos there was no contact left on the advert.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by ayusman16(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
Maybe it has to do with the document submitted to SEC and CBN sometimes back? I wish!
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
Abeg make una reply ASAP, I think this is kind of urgent cos u never can tell, we may be able to recover our monies.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by kunleyf: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2009
Please where is the collection point and time

Thank you
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by kunleyf: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2009
please where is the collection point? at their office?then what about wealth solution? any info?. I guess it was the last submission they ask us to do them.

taliban can i tok to you right away.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by murphy02(m): 11:19am On Nov 20, 2009
Please where is the collection point, cos i also submitted a claim long time ago.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 20, 2009
the locatn is at oceanic bank training school allen ikeja.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by kunleyf: 11:30am On Nov 20, 2009
thanks
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 20, 2009
checked a site this morning where they said a liquidator ijewere had done an identification exercise in 2008, not too sure anyways
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by ayusman16(m): 11:37am On Nov 20, 2009
they shld av d list of depositors. Hope they ar nt going 2 further scam us.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
Hi everybody
Am new in the house but had to respond to this issue

Claims verification and payment will take place at Oceanic Bank Training School  20 Allen Avenue Ikeja
btw 9am-4pm
starting from the 23rd to 27th.
People will be attended to based on the Alphabet that their surname starts with.
Monday and Tues All investors whose surname starts with A and B will be attended to

See Guardian of 19th or Punch of 18th for Details
All the best guys

ITS FOR REAL OOOOOO cool
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by ayusman16(m): 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
The address has been changed to 23, Oba AKinjobi Way, Opp Naccima, Ikeja GRA and they are only paying back 25% of your investments.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by murphy02(m): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2009
Dose anyone have idea if they will pay on friday because of the holiday?
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by mjay(m): 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2009
ayusman16:

they are only paying back 25% of your investments.

@ least they are paying back sth, though 25% is rather too small, When are we hearing from NOSPECTOS?
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
Please help. I dont have my deposit slip but all other dcument is intact,will they still attend to me?
I have their official receipt
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by kunleyf: 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2009
Did they actually make any payment today? what are the requirements for the payment.

Any news on the others?
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
@kunle------Don't Know was suppose to go there today but was busy at work. My surname starts with A but will be there tomorrow.
Will keep you guys posted.

Any news yet? so that i wont waste my time going what i invested was very little!
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by ayusman16(m): 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
You will be paid as long as you've filed for petition else you will be directed on the next step.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ ayusman------Thanks man. I guess i have done all that , i.e the high court stuff. Pls one last thing
Is the process fast? So that i will know what to tell them in the office!
and thanks for the response
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by ayusman16(m): 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
Initially, it was a mad house but guess with the help of the Police it hastened things. They have all your details even the drafts ready. They just want to verify ur docs.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
Is Oba Akinjobi close to Allen or how best do i get there? using Awolowo road,precisely under the bridge.
Thanks for the response once one grin
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by ayusman16(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
You go straight after Federal High Court. It is directly opposite NACCIMA. You can miss it.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
what of if u ve collected some return already, will they deduct it from the 25% again?
cos i ve collected one
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by ayusman16(m): 6:10am On Nov 24, 2009
I got paid just once. But couldnt collect yesterday cos i didnt submit pettition
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2009
Hello house

Just got my 25% today . the arrangement was very ok in terms of orderliness.
Lets all make hay while the sun shines

Thanks to all for the information cheesy
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by papagiddy(m): 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
@ showreal
pls is it 25% of ur initial deposit or of interest??
were u paid by cash or cheque?
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by showreal: 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
@ papa giddy------------ Its 25% of total capital invested. Its a closed cheque or draft i.e cant by cashed across the counter
was quite impressed today sha about the arrangement
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by tflow: 12:08am On Nov 25, 2009
guyz please i did only wealth solution. are they paying wealth solution investor too. please very urgent
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by son1679: 1:38am On Nov 26, 2009
Pls i did nt go for the high court stuff then,does that mean i will collect my money,but i make submission at ikeja then for CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION.does it mean after the stipulated date,there will be no more payment?pls i need explanation to all this question.
Re: Sefteg Paying Back Depositors by kunleyf: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2009
I was at the venue yesterday but cld not collect my cheques because I did not submit my document with the liquidator. I had to do that yesterday. we were asked to drop our means of identification and the receipt then see a guy NIXON or something on the 8th of december at 18 allen avenue, ikeja.Lagos.

The exercise is still on tomorrow. you can as well drop your document there if you have not done that but I must say the 25% is rather too small, I guess we collect this first then mount another pressure becos since is liqudation, the funds in the banks , stock of the company, properties of the company etc shld be able to to pay at least our initial deposit or something more.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Is Not Giving Free Recharge Cards : It's a way of getting you to change your price plan. Cost - N500 / What Biz Can I Do Wt N1m And Get N100k Monthly / Branded/customised Air-fresheners For All Purpose.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.