Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? (730 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Going through the Old and New Testament, I couldn't but notice a subtle change in religious acceptance towards having multiple sexual partners (wives I mean). Most of the patriarchs that we now call God by had history with multiple women: from Abraham, to Jacob, to David and so on. But with the advent of Christianity, Christ spoke briefly about it. So brief that it could be tantamount to playing it then, when He mentioned God creating us male and female... The Apostles too prevented those involved with polygamy from taking up ministerial positions in the Church. In other words, it might really not be wrong to have multiple wives as long as one does not aspire to any office post.

What do you think?
Do you think it is a sin to have multiple wives?

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Omudia11: 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
I don't think it is a sin. I know it is a sin.
Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Ranchhoddas: 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
Omudia11:
Nothing in the Bible indicates this. Monogamy is a more cultural than religious thing.
Season's Greetings.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by hopefulLandlord: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Omudia11:

can you elucidate on this?
Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 29, 2016
Lol, if you want to marry then go and marry. If you're waiting for people's opinions you will keep waiting. Why not read whatever you use as a 'reference' yourself and make your decision?
Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Omudia11: 4:47am On Dec 29, 2016
It is clearly stated in the bible. This isnt even negotiable. Adultery is one of the worst sins.

Season's greetings to you too.

Ranchhoddas:
Nothing in the Bible indicates this. Monogamy is a more cultural than religious thing.
Season's Greetings.
Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Omudia11: 4:48am On Dec 29, 2016
Yes, I will.. But later.
hopefulLandlord:

can you elucidate on this?
Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by MrMontella(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2016
www.nairaland.com/3344178/christian-god-yahweh-supports-polygamyhow
omudia11 and the OP....yahweh actually supports polygamy...
Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Yes, I will.. But later.
okay, quote me when you do sir
Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Ranchhoddas: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Omudia11:
It is clearly stated in the bible. This isnt even negotiable. Adultery is one of the worst sins.

Season's greetings to you too.

Adultery is simply sexual relations outside the confines of marriage. Polygamy is still a form of marriage.
Help us with the verse(s).

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? by Omudia11: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2016
don't waste your time posting links, i won't read them. God doesn't and never supported polygamy.

MrMontella:
www.nairaland.com/3344178/christian-god-yahweh-supports-polygamyhow

omudia11 and the OP....yahweh actually supports polygamy...

(1) (Reply)

The Evils Of Strange And False Doctrines / Photos: Moment Kenneth Copeland Laid Hands On This “ilorin Boy” / Why Do Nigerian Christians Portray God As Myopic And Mediocre?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.