Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State (3452 Views)

Armed Robbers Killed By Police In Rivers After Heavy Shootout (Graphic Pics) / Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) / Two Robbers Killed In Attack On PUNCH Office (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by mekusxxx: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
18 herdsmen killed in Ogwashi-Uku
Alphonsus Agborh, Asaba - 19.11.2009

Another herdsman has been shot dead in Ogwashi-Uku area of Delta State by the police following a gun duel between a gang of armed robbers and detectives.

This brings to over 18 cattle rearers who have been killed or arrested at different robbery operations since January this year.

The herdsmen, armed with sophisticated guns, cutlasses and arrows, had on Tuesday, attacked G. Agofure motors on Ogwashi Uku–Kwale road and robbed their victims, including a policeman of their valuables.

But following a tip off, detectives, led by Inspector John Danladi, from Ogwashi Uku police station, launched a counter attack and in the process gunned down one of the bandits while others escaped with injuries into the bush.

A cutlass was recovered from the victim whose identity was unknown.

Fulani herdsmen have for sometime renewed their attacks on passengers on the Ogwashi-Uku–Ubulu Uku–Umunede road, Ogwashi Uku – Azagba Ogwashi road and the Asaba-Benin expressway around Edo Ogwashi village.

They have also been linked with raping of women.

Nigerian Tribune investigation revealed that the herdsmen who lived in various camps around Ogwashi Uku were aided by notorious armed robbers from the neighbouring communities.

Confirming the Tuesday attack, the state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Charles Muka, said the command was investigating the matter.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
Chei , Fulani man don join bizness
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by mekusxxx: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
citizenY:

Chei , Fulani man don join bizness

Nothing like join. They have always been involved in robbing and raping women along their cattle trails. This is not new.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Ibime(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
hold up. . . . herdsmen are committing armed robberies in Delta State?. . . . hehehehe. . . . Warri boys dey dull themselves.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by chosen04(f): 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
mekusxxx:

Nothing like join. They have always been involved in robbing and raping women along their cattle trails. This is not new.

ARE U SERIOUS! am Speechless. *If this true then naija don finish*
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
Mekus Mekus, I dd that just to attract you, now you can have your day, Enjoy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHERE IS YOUR BROTHER WILY WILY? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
I though they said hausa no dey steal??
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by WilyWily: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
UMARU DIKO, BABANGIDA, ABACHA, DOGOYARO, DANJUMA THEOPHILUS, and more Thieves.
Notherners have more Thieves than any other Region.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
Wily, Welcome and goodbye, safe landing in your coven of demons. You have done your bit for today. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
WilyWily:

UMARU DIKO, BABANGIDA, ABACHA, DOGOYARO, DANJUMA THEOPHILUS, and more Thieves.
Notherners have more Thieves than any other Region.

how far is this area from your village?
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by AloyEmeka6: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2009
~Bluetooth:

I though they said hausa no dey steal??

The report said Fulani and you are accusing hausa. can you read at all?
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Katsumoto: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

The report said Fulani and you are accusing hausa. can you read at all?

I think you would make a better moderator than the current moderator. I never know where you stand. You seem unbiased but I may be wrong.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by bilymuse: 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
na wa ooo
Fulani don open eye , small time dey go begin co ordinate kidnapping
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Aloy Emeka

You are of course aware that every Nigerian from above the Niger is Hausa Fulani. You will really be surprised at the
amount of ignorance dripping in Nairaland. Because people are so fixated in their ways that they have no grasp of
the terminologies they use. In essence , people are not grounded in the subject but are only mouthing time worn
prejudices  they heard about people they do not know. The northe is more diversified  thanm the norht in twerms of nationalities.

In this NL, i have come across people who have full grasp of this subject and have debated issues from that standpoint. One of them is Becomrich,
the mapster, though he never really takes his arguments to the logical conclusion and always goes astray wit his maps and fixation with Benin Republic
and having too many aliases. It is not without reason that we allow others to keep their ignorance as it is better for more meaningful discourse. We can live with the distraction
and name calling  and branding which is normal prejudice and is allowed.  

As you can see, crime na to open eye------ so his people have eyes all over their bodies including you know where. If they call his people kidnappers and armed robbers and 419 and drug peddlars etc etc
he go say na tribalism.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Beaf: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
citizenY:

@Aloy Emeka

You are of course aware that every Nigerian from above the Niger is Hausa Fulani. You will really be surprised at the
amount of ignorance dripping in Nairaland. Because people are so fixated in their ways that they have no grasp of
the terminologies they use. In essence , people are not grounded in the subject but are only mouthing time worn
prejudices they heard about people they do not know. The northe is more diversified thanm the norht in twerms of nationalities.

In this NL, i have come across people who have full grasp of this subject and have debated issues from that standpoint. One of them is Becomrich,
the mapster, though he never really takes his arguments to the logical conclusion and always goes astray wit his maps and fixation with Benin Republic
and having too many aliases. It is not without reason that we allow others to keep their ignorance as it is better for more meaningful discourse. We can live with the distraction
and name calling and branding which is normal prejudice and is allowed.

As you can see, crime na to open eye------ so his people have eyes all over their bodies including you know where. If they call his people kidnappers and armed robbers and 419 and drug peddlars etc etc
he go say na tribalism.

There can't be one educated person that believes the whole North is even remotely all Hausa/Fulani. The issue is that the whole of the North bands together as Arewa and Arewa is controlled by Hausa/Fulani. Simple calculation.
Northern Nigeria takes a united position on almost every issue, especially after meetings of the 19 nineteen Northern states, or Arewa Consultative Forum.

I would say, though that it is better to to use the term, Northern.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by kwafi: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2009
Thank you for this action. I pray that the police should be more alert to help us curtail the excesses of the cattle boys.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
Nigerian Tribune investigation revealed that the herdsmen who lived in various camps around Ogwashi Uku were aided by notorious armed robbers from the neighbouring communities.

everybody missed this I see!!!!!!

wilywily hope they werent aided by armed robbers from your side?

abi all the armed robbers are Yorubas?
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by WilyWily: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
Yorubaland is nearer to Ogwashi Uku than my State, all those Robbers are Yoruba almajiri arm robbers pretending to be Hausa/Fulani herdsmen. i have evidence of Yoruba almajiri Thieves from Ondo/Kwara/Kogi, terrorizing Villages in Edo. if you want i show you
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2009
WilyWily:

Yorubaland is nearer to Ogwashi Uku than my State, all those Robbers are Yoruba almajiri arm robbers pretending to be Hausa/Fulani herdsmen. i have evidence of Yoruba almajiri Thieves from Ondo/Kwara/Kogi, terrorizing Villages in Edo. if you want i show you

show me.

and of course all armed robbers in your state are Yorubas. The only way you can process information is by attaching "Yoruba" to it.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by TippyTop(m): 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
tpia.:

show me.

and of course all armed robbers in your state are Yorubas. The only way you can process information is by attaching "Yoruba" to it.

Others would just attach Nairaland's scapegoat>Hausa.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by AloyEmeka6: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2009
tpia.:

show me.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by mekusxxx: 12:14am On Nov 20, 2009
The FGN has refused to separate hausa from fulani. That is why they always claim that the most populated tribes is hausa-fulani. Every one know that if separated, the most single populated tribe will be Igbo or Yoruba. So, since the FGN decides to lump them (hausa-fulani) together while separating all the tribes in the south, then hausa will have to share in any evil committed by fulani and vice versa.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 4:10am On Nov 20, 2009
The delta people a re committing genocide
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by chosen04(f): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

The delta people a re committing genocide

Did someone born of a woman write this? *Shakes head*, its a pity
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2009
Did someone born of a woman write this? *Shakes head*, its a pity

i was born from a female centaur

it was obviously a joke, sadly i assumed only intelligent ppl will read it. Sorry its my fault
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Kx: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2009
Dia nama destroys our farmlands,dem selve join dey rape and rob
in our land??
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by spikedcylinder: 8:46am On Nov 20, 2009
One hears Hausa/Fulani herdsmen are being killed and one immediately feels compassion. Never thought they could be robbers!
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Beaf: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

i was born from a female centaur

it was obviously a joke, sadly i assumed only intelligent ppl will read it. Sorry its my fault

Your jokes tend to be in extremly poor taste.
Jokes about genocide will never be funny, except to those with mental health issues.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2009
sharrap
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 8:52am On Nov 20, 2009
One hears Hausa/Fulani herdsmen are being killed and one immediately feels compassion. Never thought they could be robbers!

death is death- regardless of what they did, they are not animals

Jokes about genocide will never be funny, except to those with mental health issues.

Then tell that to people on NL who are selling genocide propaganda for a different situation. Dont call wolf until when you actually see wolf
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Beaf: 8:53am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

sharrap

Your father and mother should sharap. Goebbels.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 8:55am On Nov 20, 2009
Quote from Beaf  yesterday

There can't be one educated person that believes the whole North is even remotely all Hausa/Fulani. The issue is that the whole of the North bands together as Arewa and Arewa is controlled by Hausa/Fulani. Simple calculation.
Northern Nigeria takes a united position on almost every issue, especially after meetings of the 19 nineteen Northern states, or Arewa Consultative Forum.

I agree, every Nairalander that has converted the banks of the River Niger and Benue  into his wailing wall by making northerners   his whipping child  does not understand this. Some Jews have already forsaken their wailing wall. These guys are incurable.You know them very well and they know themselves. I do not see why the south cannot establish their own governors forum. If that is the only way to aggregate common interests, so be it. I am not oblivious of the gargantuan task involved ,but why not?give it a try

Perhaps it will be necessary for these ''educated'' guys to understand that knowing your country is the basic tool in nation building. Without that you cannot appreciate the people,their ways, their problems and it will be stupid to make commentaries on national affairs in that cauldron of ignorance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faces Of Girls Beheaded On Ibadan Road(photo) / A 16-year-old Suspected Female Cultist Caught Sleeping With 52 Members / The 10 Most Successful Gangsters Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.