Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,933 members, 7,838,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State (3455 Views)

Armed Robbers Killed By Police In Rivers After Heavy Shootout (Graphic Pics) / Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) / Two Robbers Killed In Attack On PUNCH Office (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Beaf: 8:58am On Nov 20, 2009
citizenY:

Quote from Beaf  yesterday

There can't be one educated person that believes the whole North is even remotely all Hausa/Fulani. The issue is that the whole of the North bands together as Arewa and Arewa is controlled by Hausa/Fulani. Simple calculation.
Northern Nigeria takes a united position on almost every issue, especially after meetings of the 19 nineteen Northern states, or Arewa Consultative Forum.

I agree, every Nairalander that has converted the banks of the River Niger and Benue  into his wailing wall by making northerners   his whipping child  does not understand this. Some Jews have already forsaken their wailing wall. These guys are incurable.You know them very well and they know themselves. I do not see why the south cannot establish their own governors forum. If that is the only way to aggregate common interests, so be it. I am not oblivious of the gargantuan task involved ,but why not?give it a try

Perhaps it will be necessary for these ''educated'' guys to understand that knowing your country is the basic tool in nation building. Without that you cannot appreciate the people,their ways, their problems and it will be stupid to make commentaries on national affairs in that cauldron of ignorance.

If the North bands together as Arewa, then there is legitimacy in the "educated" guy's categorisation. You must always seek accomodation with the strongest party in a partnership.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2009
Your father and mother should sharap. Goebbels.

grin, propagandist.

Quote from Beaf yesterday

There can't be one educated person that believes the whole North is even remotely all Hausa/Fulani. The issue is that the whole of the North bands together as Arewa and Arewa is controlled by Hausa/Fulani. Simple calculation.
Northern Nigeria takes a united position on almost every issue, especially after meetings of the 19 nineteen Northern states, or Arewa Consultative Forum.

Beaf is totally ignorant as usual. Dont quote him. Cultural assimilation between the hausa fulani as well as ethnic mixing has made it possible for these two groups to produce a united front. Fulani-Hausa contact has been going on years b4 the british even thought of becoming an european maritime power.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by spikedcylinder: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

death is death- regardless of what they did, they are not animals

You seem to have missed this part:

The herdsmen, armed with sophisticated guns, cutlasses and arrows, had on Tuesday, attacked G. Agofure motors on Ogwashi Uku–Kwale road and robbed their victims, including a policeman of their valuables.

But following a tip off, detectives, led by Inspector John Danladi, from Ogwashi Uku police station, launched a counter attack and in the process gunned down one of the bandits while others escaped with injuries into the bush.

Is death still death?
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Beaf: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

. . .
Beaf is totally ignorant as usual. Dont quote him. Cultural assimilation between the hausa fulani as well as ethnic mixing has made it possible for these two groups to produce a united front. Fulani-Hausa contact has been going on years b4 the british even thought of becoming an european maritime power.

Oh! And because of that, they don't dominate Northern politics? Clever.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2009
My point is that they should be compared as a monolith, than individually or separate group as you mentioned earleir. And that is why southern unity is a bit more difficult because there is a clash of cultures and old traditions, as well as significant distrust. Infact, i have been reading this really interesting book, i think you should read it too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0875867081?ie=UTF8&tag=naijarules-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0875867081
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2009
@ SEFAGO
We all know the antecedents of BEaf. I do not agree with you.

You will realise that his comments on how the north comes up with a united position are not founded on ignorance. It must have been
made in the context of  deep reflections on the dynamics of that society. I am glad you have a grasp of the structure of that society but
do not understand why you have not used this to further enlighten us on how the advantage of unity can be spread across the nation. I
sincerely believe that is the purpose of this dialogue and not hurling diatribes, THANK YOU.

PS, I am surprised no one is crucifying me for asking people to show us their wailing wall. It is apt here to say we are still waiting. If following
them to wail  there will make them leave us alone or rather make us atone for sins committed by our forebears and solve their problem, we are ready.
No amount of sophistory and subtle propaganda and postings  can replace an outright demand - TAKE US BEFORE THE WALL AND WE SHALL WAIL MORE THAT YOU.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Beaf: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

My point is that they should be compared as a monolith, than individually or separate group as you mentioned earleir. And that is why southern unity is a bit more difficult because there is a clash of cultures and old traditions, as well as significant distrust. Infact, i have been reading this really interesting book, i think you should read it too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0875867081?ie=UTF8&tag=naijarules-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0875867081

The guy that wrote it is a member of NL you know! grin
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2009
I am glad you have a grasp of the structure of that society but
do not understand why you have not used this to further enlighten us on how the advantage of unity can be spread across the nation. I
sincerely believe that is the purpose of this dialogue and not hurling diatribes, THANK YOU.

I think only significant education as well as maybe programs like NYSC. But considering the fact how education has proven incapable of curing tribalistic beaf people and the nysc program is a sort of disaster- I dont really know how to improve unity. T
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 9:26am On Nov 20, 2009
The guy that wrote it is a member of NL you know!

well that has reduced the credibility
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Beaf: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2009
citizenY:

@ SEFAGO
We all know the antecedents of BEaf. I do not agree with you.

You will realise that his comments on how the north comes up with a united position are not founded on ignorance. It must have been
made in the context of  deep reflections on the dynamics of that society. I am glad you have a grasp of the structure of that society but

PS, I am surprised no one is crucifying me for asking people to show us their wailing wall. It is apt here to say we are still waiting. If following
them to wail  there will make them leave us alone or rather make us atone for sins committed by our forebears and solve their problem, we are ready.
No amount of sophistory and subtle propaganda and postings  can replace an outright demand - TAKE US BEFORE THE WALL AND WE SHALL WAIL MORE THAT YOU.

Every section of the country has its wailing wall. Whether it is wise to ask for these to be explicitly pointed out is doubtful, especially if (as you say) you do not want the hurling of diatribes. It is best to approach touchy issues obliquely with the intention of addressing them and proposing fixes.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2009
@ Beaf

Honestly I understand but the ways go on and on leaves one with no options but to ask that question.

You know, the best way of showing remorse is to anyone is to worship at his altar or somthing like that.

We agree, there have been wrongs, what next? Take me to your altar and let me say sorry to your ancestors, end of story.

What has been done cannot be undone. Let our offspring live their lives, jare.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by chosen04(f): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

The delta people a re committing genocide

SEFAGO:

i was born from a female centaur

it was obviously a joke, sadly i assumed only intelligent ppl will read it. Sorry its my fault

Sefago,
Comedian of the century. Pls read the bolded lines below and see who killed the armed robbers and tell me how that amounted to Genocide by Delta People in your Comedy Career?

The herdsmen, armed with sophisticated guns, cutlasses and arrows, had on Tuesday, attacked G. Agofure motors on Ogwashi Uku–Kwale road and robbed their victims, including a policeman of their valuables.

But following a tip off, detectives, led by Inspector John Danladi, from Ogwashi Uku police station, launched a counter attack and in the process gunned down one of the bandits while others escaped with injuries into the bush
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by onyengbu1(m): 11:04am On Nov 20, 2009
Fulani people have been engaging in arm robbery for a long time. Coming down to the south is their new invention.

Their robbery is the most violent.

You wont know this unless you have been plying the northern roads or going to Abuja via Edo state.

Mubi - Yola highway is another of their routes and you dont want to witness their robbery because they use the crudest of weapons - cutlass, poisoned bow/arrow, dane guns and rape.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2009
Common fulani robbing people,do they use ak 47 or bow & arrow.,
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by SEFAGO(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2009
bow and arrow grin

Sefago,
Comedian of the century. Pls read the bolded lines below and see who killed the armed robbers and tell me how that amounted to Genocide by Delta People in your Comedy Career?

I read it b4 i posted, I said it was a joke- I was makng a jab at the obviously tribalistic poster who started the thread. I do have a twisted sense of humor- but is that a problem?
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by chosen04(f): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

bow and arrow grin

I read it b4 i posted, I said it was a joke- I was makng a jab at the obviously tribalistic poster who started the thread. I[b] do have a twisted sense of humor[/b]- but is that a problem?

Ok. i hear you. Wont stright sense of humor be better? just asking sha
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by Paulifendu(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
Very funny, All this dumb fulani pple. This world don spoil,
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by onyengbu1(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2009
Paulifendu:

Very funny, All this dumb fulani pple. This world don spoil,

Yea, they might be dumb but not enough to know how to use bow and arrow, dane guns, cutlass and their di.ck.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by citizenY(m): 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2009
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by henry101(m): 1:03am On Jul 15, 2011
I needed to bring this up. These guys also come to destroy, devastate and despoil their host.
Re: 18 Fulani Herdsmen Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State by kodewrita(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
There's a historical solution to this problem. Barbed wire.

The cowboys ( who were America's Fulani equivalent) were lawless and could kill for their herds too while ranchers and landowners complained. This problem was only solved when vast areas directly in the path of the herds were cordoned off with barbed wire and the farmlands became largely inaccessible to them.

The same can be done in this case, we can cordon off very large areas with barbed wire and short spiked shrubs/hedges to prevent the herds moving into farmlands in the south.

To ensure farmers comply,we simply make it mandatory for all farms above a certain minimum size to have barbed wire or spiky hedged fencing.

That should end the careers of many of the cattle Fulani (like it ended that of the cowboys) and convince them to join their town brethren.

I know some of you will complain about the cost but seriously its a necessary action. We do it once and for all and end this centuries-old scourge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A 16-year-old Suspected Female Cultist Caught Sleeping With 52 Members / Outrage As Female Teacher Fights Dirty With Student In School (photos) / Why I Killed For Nigeria Politicians –25-year-old Man Makes Shocking Confession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.