Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? (4937 Views)

Portable Multi-functional Electric Lunch Box / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / What Are You Having For Lunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Leilah(f): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2009
Hi, usually its rice from night before or stew n yam. Other days I make a noodle stir fry. He doesnt like pasta thats not fresh he said he doesnt like pasta at all and he doesnt like european or middle eastern food so I ALWAYS cook Nigerian stuff. There is always soup and stew in the fridge but he cannot take soup to work b'cos it smells too strong. He said he is fed up of eating rice at work. I have made moi moi also but only like that fresh too. He doesnt like sandwiches. He wont bring beans cos he will fart. His cholestorol is quite high (7.5)so he needs to avoid KFC. I aske dhim what his father would eat on his lunch break and he said swallows (well obviously, thats in Nigeria) so I dont know, this is reminds me of my mothers cat who only eats fresh fish and nothing else. Any ideas for this?
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by walakolobo: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
swallow means things like Pounded Yam, Eba, Fufu, Amala, Semo Vita etc.
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
Give him fufu, with ogbono and lots of meat and kpomo . . . tongue
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Leilah(f): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
No you see I mean at work here in Ireland as in his lunch while he is at work

He wont bring soup cos its smelly for an office and he is sick of rice and cant eat european food.
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2009
I was just joking with that post.
But on a serious note, give him sandwich and juice.
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Leilah(f): 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
He doesnt like sandwiches.  sad I have tried that one also
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by ubiaa5(f): 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
try fried ripe plantain n stew.
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
Leilah:

He doesnt like sandwiches.  sad I have tried that one also

Then tell him to make more money then, and he can be buying his lunch
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by mamagee3(f): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
He can eat shi.t, it looks like your husband can never be pleased. angry angry
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
mama-gee:

He can eat shit, it looks like your husband can never be pleased. angry angry

hahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
mama-gee:

He can eat shit, it looks like your husband can never be pleased. angry angry
i actually laughed out loud so hard at this post. i was thinking the EXACT same thing and then i came upon your comment. hilarious.

@ poster
seriously why are you stressing yourself out over his lunch? what is his problem? cant he make his own lunch again? is he crippled? are his hands broken? are his legs broken?
I MEAN CANT HE GO AND BUY HIS OWN LUNCH!!!
im sorry to say but your husband is an asshole. nothing satisfies him. if thats the way he feels then he should cook his own damn lunch or go and buy his own.
what is his problem?  angry angry angry
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by echobee(f): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
condom
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Hauwa1: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2009
a typical naija guy  grin grin

i think  he is trying to make your life hellish  grin
if it were me, i will make ogbono, egusi, ofe onugbu, ofe oziza and some damn concotion, stew, buy pita, etc and label them 'lunch'  leave them in the fridge, if he doesnt eat, it is his problem.
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Fhemmmy: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
Cheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
See as people wanna skata the woman's home oh.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by mamagee3(f): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i actually laughed out loud so hard at this post. i was thinking the EXACT same thing and then i came upon your comment. hilarious.

@ poster
seriously why are you stressing yourself out over his lunch? what is his problem? cant he make his own lunch again? is he crippled? are his hands broken? are his legs broken?
I MEAN CANT HE GO AND BUY HIS OWN LUNCH!!!
im sorry to say but your husband is an asshole. nothing satisfies him. if thats the way he feels then he should cook his own damn lunch or go and buy his own.
what is his problemangry angry angry

Her husband is suffering from baby syndrome. grin grin
Meaning his mother spoilt him right from when he was a little child
. grin grin
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2009
mama-gee:

. grin grin
i agree!! lol
her husband needs a real talkin too cause he seems not to be satisfied with anything!!
i would have long went off on his ass by now.
is she his slave? his house girl? cant he make his own damn lunch?!  angry
this thread kinda irritated me.
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by SeanT21(f): 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2009
echo- bee:

condom

haha~~LMAO~~I almost choked.
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Fhemmmy: 6:52am On Nov 23, 2009
mama-gee:

. grin grin

Mean u
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Leilah(f): 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
He will just have to take stew everyday to work thanks for the replies. LOL @Echo Bee that really is one thing men need in their lunch box
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2009
Stew ke? that is serious oh
Re: What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box? by echobee(f): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2009
na true. if the guy no know wetin him wan chop.make him take stew

(1) (Reply)

Dog Butchery- Man's Best Friend, Man's Best Food / How To Cook Potato And Plantain Porridge / ''suya'' Is A Hausa Name. Here Is The English Name For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.