Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Strictly Nba Action! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Strictly Nba Action! (2790 Views)

Truexgold Is Giving Out Free $1500.00 Pob Credits – Strictly 4 Punters On Nl. / Fifa Paid Ireland To Stop Legal Action Over Henry’s World Cup Handball - BBC / Strictly Draw Games* Only.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2007
Yeah, the NBA season is hotting up. I am sure there are so many lovers
of the game in here. Come on and let's discuss NBA ACTION!
Just tired of football dominating the forum wink

The Dallas Mavericks is HOT this time around and they are whacking
so many teams.

The Eastern Conference seems to be having problems this time around. All the top guns
are finding it difficult to produce the form of last season and the WESTERN Conferenc[/b]e is
where the action is.

[b]Is the Ring going back home?
cool

What do you all think? wink
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by mukina2: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2007
Bola before i comment let me ask

how tall are you? grin j/k wink grin
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by Mustay(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2007
It's like u talking about american football here. D Nba doesn't freak over 68% of the people ere. Nba cry
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by mukina2: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2007
the western conference standings . .

Dallas mavericks
Phoenix Suns
San Antonio Spurs
Utah Jazz
L.A. Lakers shocked shocked
Houston Rockets
Minnesota Timberwolves
Denver Nuggets
Golden state Warriors
L.A. Clippers
Sacramento Kings
Portland Trail Blazers
New Orleans City Hornets
Seattle Supersonics
Memphis Grizzlies grin

*don't blame o too lazy to post all the stats*
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2007
Until the NY Knickerbockers turn it around and Kobe able to win it again (to get even with Shaq), I'll be rooting for "little man" Avery Johnson and the Mavs to win it all.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
BlackMamba,

Did I hear you say NY Knicks? Even let them go and bring Patrick Erwing back,
they won't get anywhere. grin

Kobe? Lakers can't and won't win without the BIG man, SHAQ!
He took their soul with him to Heats. Now look at Heats without
him wink

My heart has always being with the Mavs since Shaq left Lakers.
I love the West, so I decided not to follow him to the East.

Mustay, I know NBA is not popular here but there are still few guys to
chat with about the NBA over here. You weren't around during the last
playoff, were you? So just enjoy yourself with footie. wink

@ Muki, not so tall but TALLER than you! grin grin grin
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2007
I admit my Knicks is not a contender yet, but the entire Eastern conference sucks big time, including the Heat with their washed up Shaq. The knicks are re-building, even if it's taking forever. Eddy Curry is coming around and our bunch of young players has very good upside. Once we finally offload the remaining dead horses with their bloated contracts we'll be on a roll in a couple of years. I have faith in Isiah Thomas taking us down Broadway in a championship parade soon.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2007
somtin is defy wrong wit da East, but d Cavs n Wizards are tryin. Whatz wrong wit d top guns?
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2007
The eastern atlantic is a joke

New Jersey 16wins 19losses
Toronto 16      20
New York 16   21
Boston 12      22
Philadelphia 9          26
-----------------------------------------------------

All hail the Great Kobe8/24
Huge Biceps Cool Shoes and Sick Dunks. lol.
-----------------------------------------------------

The NBA is a joke these days. Anyone who accidentally breathes on Dwyane Wade is called for a foul.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by Mustay(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2007
@Bolaoni. I just pray u guys keep on apprising us o! Cos when something ain't so popular, or doesn't 've addicts, I observe it seems 2 fade here. Italian serie a thread is an example. Anyway, Lol
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2007
sorry, can u see whatz happning with the Tennis thread? FYI NL is viewed all over d world wink
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 2:48am On Jan 15, 2007
Is this going to be the year for the run and gun Suns. The way Steve Nash is playing, he might end up a 3x MVP.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2007
yeah, Nash is really HOT! JK is also findin his rhythm and may help Nets get somewhere.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2007
wonder why Mavs sold Nash in the first place. sad
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2007
wonder why Mavs sold Nash in the first place. sad
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 5:08am On Jan 16, 2007
They were 2 wins away from winning the ship without him.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 8:41am On Jan 16, 2007
but they didn't win it. what if he had bin a Mav? they could have won.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 9:12am On Jan 16, 2007
If he had remained a mav they wouldn't have had the same players that were on that championship run.

Nash's defense = meow! and you know defense usually wins ships.

Also, don't forget the Mavs playing style didn't bode well with Nash's ability. I'm glad he got outta there 2 play for a team that is all run&gun.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2007
kobesosimi:

If he had remained a mav they wouldn't have had the same players that were on that championship run.

True talk sha. I am not sure the likes of Jason Terry and Josh Howard would have
rose to the level they are now.

Nash's defense = meow! and you know defense usually wins ships.

of what use is good defense without an offense? Not sure Spurs won their rings with their defensive might.
The only team I know won with their defence might is the Pistons. Ben was ROCK SOLID Dunno why he
went to Bulls of all places.

Also, don't forget the Mavs playing style didn't bode well with Nash's ability. I'm glad he got out of there 2 play for a team that is all run&gun.

Tell me something I don't know. cool You mean the Mavs aint offensive enough?

Well Nash got his ass whooped several times by his former team mates last season and this season too
hasn't being an exception. But I would have loved him to be part of the SMOKING GUNS! kiss
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2007
don't y'all think this Arenas is somthin else? me think he is in the race 4 d season MVP.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2007
HIBACHI, whatever that means, is really on fire right now.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2007
don't y'all think this Arenas is somthin else? me think he is in the race 4 d season MVP.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 1:58am On Jan 17, 2007
If Kobe didn't get the MVP last season while doing what Agent Zero did and better, then NO - HIBACHI shouldn't get the MVP especially not while coming from the leastern conference where 60 percent of the teams have losing records. If he does get the MVP award(which he won't - I'll file a complaint against the league office - double standard).

of what use is good defense without an offense? Not sure Spurs won their rings with their defensive might.
- Vice versa - of what use is good offense without a defense, it sure as heck hasn't gotten the suns a champship so far. A mixture of good offense with better defense wins championships. Defense will rattle the opponent's offense and cause turnovers which lead to fast breaks and easy buckets.
Yes, the spurs won their rings with their frustrating defense - ask the basketball fans on ESPN's  NBA Board the majority will tell you they did.  Playoff basketball is physical, and defensive-minded teams like Detroit and San Antonio win- Ever wondered why the Suns have a hard time beating the spurs? they slow it down and play at their tempo - usually half-court basketball. Takes the suns out of their marathon-type style and they struggle to adjust.

Also: go on nba.com and listen to Bruce Bowen say that defense won them ships.

& What I meant by Mavs style of play not correlating wish Nash's is - Nash prefers running with athletic guys.

With the Mavs he had to cater some how to Nowitzki, while in Phoenix it doesn't matter who gets the points, he has the freedom to do whatever he wants. & look at the centers they had in Dallas - the likes of Bradley. Nash is one heck of a basketball player.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2007

If Kobe didn't get the MVP last season while doing what Agent Zero did and better, then NO - HIBACHI shouldn't get the MVP especially not while coming from the leastern conference where 60 percent of the teams have losing records. If he does get the MVP award(which he won't - I'll file a complaint against the league office - double standard).

Well he may not get it since he has lotta guys to compete against, but he is also in
contention for the MVP of the season. He has been outstanding this season, that is
what I am saying. Check THISout
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 2:56am On Jan 18, 2007
I like Arenas he's a kool kat, check out his blog on nba.com whenever you get the chance.
I just hope he works harder and becomes more consistent.

There are some exciting games on the schedule tonight. Don't miss "24" the greatest show on ESPN, live in 4 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfb7sOGEprI
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2007
Kobe,

what is your own definition of consistency Arena has been so consistent this season.

Read this:

Plenty of NBA players hit the occasional buzzer-beater, the type of shot that provides momentum at the end of a quarter or victory at the end of a game. Arenas is making it a regular occurrence this season, with 11 buckets in the final 3 seconds of a period or game.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2007
Arenas has those highs and lows brother.

one night goes off for fifty something on 20 for 35 shooting

next night he scores sixteen on 4 for 22 shooting.
just stuff like that ain't consistent enough.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2007
cos of d Knicks game? wel it shows how teams fear him cos he was marked out wink
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2007
Although the Knicks lost last night on the last play, it was still an all around good game. Agent zero was kept in check.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 2:04am On Jan 19, 2007
Whassup with Lebron lately he's still very good but it seems he's been out of the spotlight lately.
Unless of course you watch ESPN nightly and you watch the highlights.

I think sey Wade dey take his shine.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2007
Over the years, I've come to realize that it takes the "perfect mix" of talent and grit to win a championship. Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Wade etc couldn't do it until they got those very important role pieces to supplement them. I don't see that with the Cavaliers and I'm not sure they're in the right direction.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2007
BlackMamba,

I will agree with you on that. Jordan got Pippen as his sidekick and both Shaq and Kobe combined to win it for LA. Without the likes of Parker, Manu and the others, it would have been difficult for Spurs to have won it.

Lebron may get the Cavs to the playoffs but how far they will go, I can't say. Maybe we have to wait till then.

Kobe, did you enjoy ur 24 against Mavs? cool

I tell you, Mavs is HOT and they want to make amends for Next year.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Congo 2 Nigeria O! @ Fifa U-17 Wc Qualifiers / Eden Hazard Close To Signing New Five-year Deal At Chelsea Worth £200,000 A Week / Kelechi Iheanacho In 2010 And Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.