Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Strictly Nba Action! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Strictly Nba Action! (2805 Views)

Truexgold Is Giving Out Free $1500.00 Pob Credits – Strictly 4 Punters On Nl. / Fifa Paid Ireland To Stop Legal Action Over Henry’s World Cup Handball - BBC / Strictly Draw Games* Only.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 12:06am On Jan 20, 2007
I blame the loss on the back2back but I had fun watching even though losses aren't always enjoyable for me.

yes, the Mavs have picked up where they left off last year, they're playing like a bunch of possessed men.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 12:18am On Jan 20, 2007
The guys said they have learnt from the loss to Heats.

Me think that will serve them well this season. But the fear
of Phoenix is the beginning of wisdom. They seem to be the
only team capable of upsetting the Mavs, though not writing
of the Spurs.

What ya think? wink
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2007
kobesosimi:

I blame the loss on the back2back but I had fun watching even though losses aren't always enjoyable for me.

yes, the Mavs have picked up where they left off last year, they're playing like a bunch of possessed men.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5452/dwadechamp4iu.jpg

WADED
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2007
WADED thanks to David Stern's whistle-dogs.

Imagine wade going to the free throw line 25 times in the finals. prophetic.

Phantom Foul 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lX_qMS9bRY

Phantom Foul 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuukM40T974&mode=related&search=

Phantom Foul 3 (No contact whatsoever)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0&mode=related&search=

Phantom Foul 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZKGlHfukc4&mode=related&search=

Phantom Foul 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk&mode=related&search=

Check out this non-call travel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QLTtl6sbnE

And this out of control spin move by wade that gets called a foul on a blazer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 1:04am On Jan 22, 2007
Not this crap again. When will you guys give up on the "rigged", "conspiracy" "Stern fixes games", BS. Conspiracy theories are for the feeble minded.

Those who would purport to suggest it was rigged have the IQ of a door.

The league has one thing to sell, and one thing only,  credibility.

If that were ever lost, it would have absolutely nothing to sell.  To pull off such a conspiracy would require the tacit approval of league officials, its referees etc,  A significant amount of people.  People that are good honest people.  There is no way it could be kept quiet, and it would be ridiculous to try to attempt. 

People who promote these theories are generally not very bright.

SOUTHBEACHED
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 1:54am On Jan 22, 2007
@sharetroll,

I have also being wondering what this is all about.
Why will Stern want to support a team against another?

Please Kobe, is he a shareholder in Heats or any other team?

Please stop all these allegations jare. Was Stern the one that won
the championship for the Heats against Dallas last season?

Stop making excuses man. Lakers is past its time. wink
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 2:28am On Jan 22, 2007
But you have to hate people who don't have a clue how to use them, like the Kobe rider. Dallas used fouls on Shaq very liberally, which got them in the penalty early, quarter after quarter. Riles figured it out quickly and would give Shaq his rests after the Mavs were in the penalty, This made particularly good sense since Shaq was even worse than normal from the line in those finals, hitting just under 30% of his attempts.

Meanwhile, Wade was driving and attacking, also shooting the technicals etc, and getting to the line for non shooting fouls because the Mavs were in the penalty.

The league has chosen to enforce handcheck and defensive 3s in such a way to dramatically help slashers. It may not great for great basketball, but that's not Wade's fault.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 6:36am On Jan 22, 2007
Oh, that's a non-issue @ your post, I understand you quite clearly, it still doesn't explain the phantom fouls up there.
If you saw the Miami Heat game vs. Lakers on MLK day you'll see Kobe get hammered plenty times and the whistle-dogs failed to blow those whistles, yet wade lived on the line @ same game.
I can show you a game against the cavs where kobe constantly gets hammered and doesn't receive calls, yet Bron Bron was getting his calls.
Agree or disagree with the bias & favoritsm that occurs, Wade is one of the favorites - I suppose he has no worries.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2007
Wade's 3 point attempts in the 05-06 season: 76

Kobe's 3 point attempts in the 05-06 season: 518

Now, that's 442 more 3 point attempts.

Now, considering Kobe shot 2173 shots, and Wade took 1413, I think it's safe to say that the number of long range 2 point shots for Kobe, is also much higher than Wade's as well.

Do you really think Kobe Bryant deserves as many free throws as Wade, when Wade attacks the basket, and Kobe is jacking up long distance shots the whole game?

If anything, Kobe got too many free throws last season.

You know, it's MUCH harder to draw a foul while shooting a jumpshot, right? Which is why those 700 more shots Kobe took, should've been driving to the basket. He would've shot a TON more free throws than Wade.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 2:17am On Jan 23, 2007
Wade's 3 point attempts in the 05-06 season: 76

Kobe's 3 point attempts in the 05-06 season: 518

Now, that's 442 more 3 point attempts.

Now, considering Kobe shot 2173 shots, and Wade took 1413, I think it's safe to say that the number of long range 2 point shots for Kobe, is also much higher than Wade's as well.
Still doesn't dispute the evidence I provided above, I'm not comparing wade's freethrows to kobe's - I'm alarmed at the decent chunk of phantom foul calls wade gets in his favor, that's my point here.

Do you really think Kobe Bryant deserves as many free throws as Wade, when Wade attacks the basket, and Kobe is jacking up long distance shots the whole game?
Do you really wanna know what I think?

If anything, Kobe got too many free throws last season.
nhar nhar nhar laugher.

Wanna know a respectable player who deserves & earns nearly all his fta? try Iverson.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 2:45am On Jan 23, 2007
You're an idiot
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 3:09am On Jan 23, 2007
sharetroll wrote:
You're an idiot

Chei, yeee mogbe, how do I answer to this -
I don't know whether to cry or laugh. smiley
I'll take it like a man and shake it off. kiss lol.

Exposed!
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 10:23am On Jan 23, 2007
Ouch! @share, take it easy man wink

@kobe, good to take it as a man. kiss
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2007
The fact is that last year the league enforced handcheck rules in a manner that has never been seen before. It was across the board.

That' why 9 of the top 10 scorers were wing players with the only exception being Dirk, hardly an inside force. Tell me the last time that happened.

Even more interesting, each and every one of those 9 wing players had career highs in points, including young guys like Wade and Lebron, old guys like Ivy and Ray Allen and guys in between like Kobe.

What is even more interesting, is that almost all of them had career highs in shooting percentage, excluding Kobe. Even Ivy, at this stage of his career, had a career high in points and shooting percentage.

Virtually every one of those guys also had career highs in FT attempts.

Its just the way the league enforced the handcheck rules. It benefitted every wing player.

OWNAGE & PWNAGE BOMBARDMENT
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2007
All of the above is completely verifiable. If you need to ask where, then you don't belong in this topic.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 12:16am On Jan 24, 2007
It still doesn't explain the phantom fouls up there does it?
especially #3, any person blessed with the ability to see can see that there's no handchecking on that.

don't deviate from the matter, I'm asking you to explain why wade is favored by seemingly all the refs in the league. I have more phantom calls, I doubt posting them will improve your explanation.

Players getting highly questionable calls just has nothing to do with hand checking rules which apply to 'everyone'.

all of the above is verifiable
so is referring to me as an idiot? right? insults don't add substance to arguments. they raise questions about your maturity.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 12:25am On Jan 24, 2007
Hey, not all refs have perfect eyesight. Read my first post on this thread. I think you've are one of the proponents of conspiracy theory crap. Wade is just the type that lingers his body (like flopping) in such a way to get the beneficiery calls. Otherwise my answers to your question is utterly inexplicable.

OR

I'll make it easy,

The only way you can refute his point(s) is if you prove the fouls were illegitimate or that Wade benefits more from illegitimate fouls than his peers.
To prove Wade benefits from phantom calls more so than his peers you would have to get a random sample of games (a lot, randomly picked so that every game is as likely to be reviewed as the next game) and then watch them frame by frame, You would also have to repeat the process for other free throw attempt leaders like AI, Kobe, and LBJ,

That's the scientific method:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

I think we learned that in the eighth grade.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 1:10am On Jan 24, 2007
Hey, not all refs have perfect eyesight. Read my first post on this thread. I think you've are one of the proponents of conspiracy theory crap.
Are the videos upthere a conspiracy theory as well?
Wade is just the type that lingers his body (like flopping) in such a way to get the beneficiery calls.
Lol, I mean wow - what more can I say.
By the way Kobe flops too, he doens't get as much calls as Wade does.
Otherwise my answers to your question is utterly inexplicable.
Thanks for letting me know that you cannot dispute my claim, it takes a helluva person to do that.

The only way you can refute his point(s) is if you prove the fouls were illegitimate
I did
or that Wade benefits more from illegitimate fouls than his peers.
I can, in fact sign onto the espn boards, you'll be amazed at how many people support my claims.
To prove Wade benefits from phantom calls more so than his peers you would have to get a random sample of games (a lot, randomly picked so that every game is as likely to be reviewed as the next game)
Well yeah those games provided in my video are random, I'm guessing 5 isn't enough for you. I have more, but you aren't worthy of my efforts.
and then watch them frame by frame,
Yes watch the videos I have up there frame by frame, and just maybe I'll provide you with more.
You would also have to repeat the process for other free throw attempt leaders like AI, Kobe, and LBJ
They have no worries.
In fact the list would go in this order:
Wade by a landslide
followed by LBJ. then by a landslide you'll find the likes of AI and Kobe who earn many of their calls in comparison to those other 2.

I hope you won't insult me in your next response? lol.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 1:36am On Jan 24, 2007
kobesosimi:

In fact the list would go in this order:
Wade by a landslide
followed by LBJ. then by a landslide you'll find the likes of AI and Kobe who earn many of their calls in comparison to those other 2.

I hope you won't insult me in your next response? lol.

I'm sure Wade attacks the rim more than those guys. LeBron doesn't get benefit of the doubt calls (other than travel calls) because of his physical makeup. I believe Kobe averages more FTA's. Wade averages 2 more FT's than Kobe. That 1 more foul per game, considering Wade attacks the rim much more.

Just leave it at that.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 1:45am On Jan 24, 2007
Ok grin.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 7:52am On Jan 26, 2007
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by A40(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2007
Well Wade might be better now but On Kobes Day Wade has nothing on Kobe, let Wade try scoring 81 points on one night i love Wade but i think its too early to start comparing him with Kobe
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2007
A-40:

Well Wade might be better now but On Kobes Day Wade has nothing on Kobe, let Wade try scoring 81 points on one night i love Wade but i think its too early to start comparing him with Kobe

Wade proved himself already to the world:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5452/dwadechamp4iu.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/specials/sportsman/2006/

Your boy didn't.

OWNED
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by kobe(m): 12:24am On Jan 27, 2007
take the man's advice sharetroll, Wade can be your favorite player.
But, appreciate Kobe's greatness when you see it.

According to Riley, The actual quote went along the lines of - Kobe and Jordan are right there but nobody will be above Jordan.  Lebron and Wade hope to be there someday.

Vujacic's Dunkathon:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep25jan25,1,5466251.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

Arenas picking on coach K - if he had any chance to play against duke today, he'd drop 84-85 on them. lol. He's not over the olympics.

Re: Strictly Nba Action! by bolaoni(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2007
The war of the keyboarda has been going on between the
two gladiators on this thread about who is greater: Kobe or Wade?

@sharetroll, in as much as wade has tried, but we still have to give it
to Kobe. kobe is the new kid on the block, that is right but comparing him
to those that have been doing it, consistently, for several years will not
do him any world of good.

It is like comparing Ronaldinho of 2002 to Diego Maradona or even comparing
Roger Federrer with the great Pete Sampras. Let Wade prove himself for so many
years and we will all believe he is not a flash in the pan guy.

Years ago, some names have been touted as "GREAT" only for them to fade into
oblivion. I remember a certain "Penny" Hardaway then. Vince Carter was thought
to be anothr Air Jordan, infact he was nicknamed "Air Canada" but where is he today?

For Wade to rub shoulders with the likes of Kobe, he muct be able to show his stuffs
on a high level for several times if not years.

Don't like Kobe much because of what he did to my Shaq but on this issue, I will
like to go with him. kiss
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2007

Wade proved himself already to the world

Kobe 3-peet his proof to the world when Wade was learning to hump around the court at Marquette.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sykboi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2007
this kobe and dwayne shit has to fuckin stop wat the hell,kobe has been in the game like 8 years longer than wade and u want to compare them Wade is a shinning star and at the rate he is goin he will outshine kobe like he is already doin.If u want this to be a fair comparism try comparin him to Gilbert Arenas who has had five games this season with more than fifty points and ten buzzer beating 25 foot shots now thats even.And kobe is a sore looser
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by BlackMamba(m): 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2007
The buzz returned to the Garden, even if it's for one night, with Jamal Crowford going for a career high 52. Go Knickerbockers!!!.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2007
LOL . . .You guys are as gullible as hell.

The ONLY thing sad or fishy here is the unbelievable extent fanatics are going to in order to discredit one player. This is unbelievable. And all the wolves in sheep clothing pretending to be average fans and somehow now "seeing the light" are as transparent as thin air.

Wade only started getting scrutiny when Shaq joined his team. The Kobe lovers resented the fact that Shaq was paired with another talented guard and that that guard was gaining national attention while Kobe was cast in a bad light.

It only got worse when the Heat won the Championship because so many of you had a reason why you would have preferred if it didn't happen especially the way it happened. Any appearance that Wade led the Heat to a ring was seen as a knock on the Kobes and Lebrons and Melos who didn't. You guys were all ready to say, well Wade rode Shaq to the Chip "just like you say Kobe did". And when Cuban cried foul it was "Hurrah, a band wagon to jump on!"

At the end of the Pistons series there were no chants of Wade bias cause all the prophets KNEW Miami could not win. But they did.

Is the suggestion being made and supported that if you went through the playoffs or even the Finals that you couldn't find 5 lousy calls in Dirk's favour.

But Dirk isn't a guard, isn't American, isn't a flavour of the day for the fan-boys and doesn't play with Shaq . . . .

Barring injury he will only get better. Deal with it.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2007
sykboi:

this kobe and dwayne shit has to fuckin stop what the hell,kobe has been in the game like 8 years longer than wade and u want to compare them Wade is a shinning star and at the rate he is goin he will outshine kobe like he is already doin.If u want this to be a fair comparism try comparin him to Gilbert Arenas who has had five games this season with more than fifty points and ten buzzer beating 25 foot shots now thats even.And kobe is a sore looser

Good call.
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by A40(m): 8:27pm On Jan 27, 2007
Well the only thing i can say about you guys comparing Wade to Kobe is that yall just started watching the Nba even Wade knows hes not better than Kobe
Re: Strictly Nba Action! by sharetroll(m): 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2007
A-40:

Well the only thing i can say about you guys comparing Wade to Kobe is that yall just started watching the Nba even Wade knows hes not better than Kobe

Excuse?

I watch more basketball in a week than you watch in a whole month.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get sure 2-3odd with 4-5 win every week / Pierre-emerick Aubameyang Joins Chelsea After Just Six Months At Barcelona / Predict 6 Scores To Win N5,000,000 On Surebet247

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.