Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Confused Teen - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Confused Teen (1015 Views)

Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? / How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused Teen by deardammy(f): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Okay so i grew up in nigeria up till bout 12 years of age.I love it all the school, my family and my wonderful friends and of course i love that i was always active leaving me no way of being overweight,Am not overweight by the way but have gained some weight.
It all happened in 2011, my mom started calling frequently and talking about how she misses us and how we will soon join her over in the United States. I was excited because i would get to see my mother but i wasn't excited of having to leave all the people i loved and care about behind.I even remember telling my mom that i didn't want to come until i was done with my secondary school as i was still in jss2. she said "okay no problem" i was excited. so July came it was almost time for me to write my exams but i didn't get too. on a gloomy day i got picked up from school alongside my little siblings. i had no idea what was going on but it didn't take me too long to realize what was gong on when i walked into the house i saw packed luggages. "You're going to America" my grandma said in excitement. I didn't know what to say i was very upset and not so happy that i wasn't even given a heads up or given the chance to say my farewells to my friends. Anyways as i cried my way to the USA it all felt good when i landed in Los Angeles and saw my mom! but that didn't last long i hated it and still do so maybe *hate is a better tense. I really appreciate my mother a lot for all that she went through for her kids to be successful. But i just don't feel at home here cry

I am 18 years old now and i want to move back to nigeria and school there am a little scared to tell my mom this but i feel i have to. especially knowing that i am not happy where i am. And i do plan on continuing my university in a good school.
ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO OR HOW TO TALK TO MY MOM ABOUT THIS? sad

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WHO REACT TO THIS ISSUE IF YOUR CHILD TALKED TO YOU ABOUT IT, OR EVEN A YOUNGER RELATIVE.
Re: Confused Teen by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
... What IF you pick up the challenge, and adapt. What's the worse that could happen?
Re: Confused Teen by Emescot(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wait o make i ask... U left Nigeria when there was no recession abi? No wahala Come back! Tell her if she wont let you go u will slit ur wrist or become a drug addict, that works @deardammy
Re: Confused Teen by deardammy(f): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
LOL please am not crazy o.i was just seeking advice from adults whom i believe might have a word or two to type.
Emescot:
Wait o make i ask... U left Nigeria when there was no recession abi? No wahala Come back! Tell her if she wont let you go u will slit ur wrist or become a drug addict, that works @deardammy
Re: Confused Teen by Libo45: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Dammy, so sorry about all the stress. Sometimes life can be like that. Most ppl will advise u to stay there and live the better life cos life here is a living hell. But the heart has reasons that reason can't understand. Home is where ur heart is. If u really desire to return to Nigeria, summon courage, make an outline of ur thoughts, rehearse, and pour ur heart to her. She may agree, she may not, but u're doing what is right. In the midst of this recession, many here still live happy, fulfilling lives. Agreed, Naija is a mess, but if ur heart is here, I ain't wrong to want to spend ur life here.

1 Like

Re: Confused Teen by Emescot(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
deardammy:
LOL please am not crazy o.i was just seeking advice from adults whom i believe might have a word or two to type.
Ahhh lobatan, me i no be adult? Abi u no like my own advice
Re: Confused Teen by deardammy(f): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thank you so much for the advice i really appreciate it! And its like you know Nigerian parents can be really difficult lol. i will get my points on paper and start rehearsing!
Libo45:
Dammy, so sorry about all the stress. Sometimes life can be like that. Most ppl will advise u to stay there and live the better life cos life here is a living hell. But the heart has reasons that reason can't understand. Home is where ur heart is. If u really desire to return to Nigeria, summon courage, make an outline of ur thoughts, rehearse, and pour ur heart to her. She may agree, she may not, but u're doing what is right. In the midst of this recession, many here still live happy, fulfilling lives. Agreed, Naija is a mess, but if ur heart is here, I ain't wrong to want to spend ur life here.
Re: Confused Teen by deardammy(f): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
I TRIED and it wasn't about adapting i still felt like an outsider and i felt like i wasn't home. i don't know if you understand what am trying to say
KyleBrry:
... What IF you pick up the challenge, and adapt. What's the worse that could happen?
Re: Confused Teen by Libo45: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
deardammy:
Thank you so much for the advice i really appreciate it! And its like you know Nigerian parents can be really difficult lol. i will get my points on paper and start rehearsing!

All the best with it.
Re: Confused Teen by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
deardammy:
I TRIED and it wasn't about adapting i still felt like an outsider and i felt like i wasn't home. i don't know if you understand what am trying to say
... You feel as though you're not connecting with the environment, I can pick the signal. Who will you be with here in Nigeria?
Re: Confused Teen by deardammy(f): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
I grew up in my mom's family house so there's adults to watch over me. so security is fine
KyleBrry:
... You feel as though you're not connecting with the environment, I can pick the signal. Who will you be with here in Nigeria?
Re: Confused Teen by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
deardammy:
I grew up in my mom's family house so there's adults to watch over me. so security is fine
... Okay. Follow your heart, somehow you'll connect with destiny. By the way, Write your speech well o, you might need beyond reason to convince mum.
Re: Confused Teen by Gagaboy1212(m): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2017
All the way from LA and u are viewing nairaland.Applaudise
Re: Confused Teen by timbex96(m): 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
Its just better to stay there, too much stress here
Re: Confused Teen by depair: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
deardammy i am glad to read your message and i know of a truth you are in a confused state right now.
i ll like to get some further info from you this will enable us be on the same page and i can assure you solution is on the horizon

kindly connect with me thru www.facebook.com/tworldint

on the page you can find a whatsapp link to chat through.

TWIN bringing solution to teens and youth.
Re: Confused Teen by depair: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
As many teens and youth facing one challenge or the other and in need of some one to talk to for Godly counsel mentoring

You dont need to suffer in silence there is a shoulder to cry on at Teenage World International TWIN. we treat every issue with utmost privacy.

Connect with other teens from around the world as we hold each other hands

www.facebook.com/tworldint

whatsapp- click on the whatsapp link on the facebook page after liking it.

our mandate is to build to raise to repair and to restore
Re: Confused Teen by VERTEX1: 3:20am On Jan 05, 2017
deardammy:
Okay so i grew up in nigeria up till bout 12 years of age.I love it all the school, my family and my wonderful friends and of course i love that i was always active leaving me no way of being overweight,Am not overweight by the way but have gained some weight.
It all happened in 2011, my mom started calling frequently and talking about how she misses us and how we will soon join her over in the United States. I was excited because i would get to see my mother but i wasn't excited of having to leave all the people i loved and care about behind.I even remember telling my mom that i didn't want to come until i was done with my secondary school as i was still in jss2. she said "okay no problem" i was excited. so July came it was almost time for me to write my exams but i didn't get too. on a gloomy day i got picked up from school alongside my little siblings. i had no idea what was going on but it didn't take me too long to realize what was gong on when i walked into the house i saw packed luggages. "You're going to America" my grandma said in excitement. I didn't know what to say i was very upset and not so happy that i wasn't even given a heads up or given the chance to say my farewells to my friends. Anyways as i cried my way to the USA it all felt good when i landed in Los Angeles and saw my mom! but that didn't last long i hated it and still do so maybe *hate is a better tense. I really appreciate my mother a lot for all that she went through for her kids to be successful. But i just don't feel at home here cry

I am 18 years old now and i want to move back to nigeria and school there am a little scared to tell my mom this but i feel i have to. especially knowing that i am not happy where i am. And i do plan on continuing my university in a good school.
ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO OR HOW TO TALK TO MY MOM ABOUT THIS? sad

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WHO REACT TO THIS ISSUE IF YOUR CHILD TALKED TO YOU ABOUT IT, OR EVEN A YOUNGER RELATIVE.

TALK TO YOUR MUM ABOUT IT, BUT IT DEPENDS ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR MUM TO KNOW A BETTER WAY TO APPROACH HER.

INBOX ME IF YOU NEED HELP SOHMBERNIE@GMAIL.COM
Re: Confused Teen by depair: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
we believe that the future of these nation lies in the hand of the youth.
To take delivery of the tomorrow of this nation there is need for the youth and teens to be position and prepare ahead for the task through sound moral upbringing, Godly teachings as well as well rounded education.

Teenage World international TWIN is out to Coach, Teach and Mentor teens in the right path of excellence.

Having challenges in any area of life (Academics, Relationship, lifestyle) feel free to talk to us and we assure you through God's help there ll be solution.

chat with us on whatsapp /twinchatalk
like our page on www.facebook.com/tworldint
Re: Confused Teen by Raddie(m): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
Now where are the F crews?

Anyway why not get a good degree there first then come spend a couple of months - test the waters, go back and after a couple of months again decide.

Mind I ask, what exactly are your roots here, hope you know you can still have good friends here all the way from there!

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Cancel The Use Of Mouse “adopt The Use Of Eight Keys” / Student Financial Aid / List Of Schools That Have Released Admission List 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.