Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) (2551 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Wilgrea7(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
coolk:
@Wilgrea7

I don't think am in a position to offer much help. I don't claim to be an authority on any religion (as some might think).
I myself have countless unanswered questions.

Well, state your case for everyone to explore. I promise to contribute my modest unbiased opinion.

thanks... I'm still looking for answers.. i recently started reading the holy book of Sikhism although I'm a Christian

my questions are

* is there any central message in all the religions??
* does any of them seem to have a monopoly of truth to an extent?
* how do you view God?
* is the afterlife really unknown or is it really affected by our beliefs
* does the snake issue in Hinduism have anything to do with the evil of snakes in Christianity?
* is this world really an illusion?

thanks again

1 Like

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Ranchhoddas: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
Truly, I wonder if the fact that Jesus Christ and Christianity in general receives an inordinate proportion of the ''tirades'' against religion is because of its popularity or because it's the real deal.
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Truly, I wonder if the fact that Jesus Christ and Christianity in general receives an inordinate proportion of the ''tirades'' against religion is because of its popularity or because it's the real deal.

You already know the answer.

Nobody fights the powerless or the empty. Everyone who is envious or angry at the powerful always look for ways to first weaken the powerful so they can come within striking distance.

You already know your answer.
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2016
coolk:
I apologies for the tedious essay. Feel free to criticize.

I had an interesting conversation with a brilliant writer on Nairaland, read several dialogues about belief and religion, specifically on the recent article about Mark Zuckerberg's faith, and arguments between seun & co. about Mark's supposedly non-atheistic leanings.
The more I read, and saw Nairalanders passionately defend their ideology, the more envious I grew. Knowing not where I stood.

I went to bed that night; desolate. Instead of sleep, I embarked on a journey into the yond of despair. And arose the next morning, half-asleep and bereft of ideas.
Indifference no longer appeals to me, as it once did. I long to stand for something. Something that will give my life meaning beyond the pursuit of happiness or love or accomplishment. I am a man grown, still, I fantasize about a heroic death. My obsession with greatness and immortality are my only weaknesses.
I possess drive, cunning, wit, guts, even feats. Yet I feel something extraordinary is missing. I often find myself contemplating my life's purpose or searching for meaning. My wandering soul longs to set ashore.
Please don't tell me I need Jesus, I once loved him and still felt empty.

Yesterday, I attended the 'traditional' burial of a chieftain in my family. I stood afar and watched in disdain as they performed fetish ceremonies to appease their deity with my late Nze's mortal coil – that moment in-between their chants and the substantial behind of a beatiful lady whisking away my attention – did it hit me. I had relapsed into another episode of existential crisis.
Nothing like death to make you question existence.

So far, I have successfully (relatively) weathered life's trials and tribulations; infirmity, penury, injustice, conflict (thrice I survived inter-ethnic and religious clashes), resounding defeat, agonizing grief; and seemingly endless disappointments upon disappointments. Fueled by hate, I have performed Herculean tasks of celestial proportions. The worship a supernatural being has lost its charm.

I neva old finish, but in my younger, philandering days, I attended several religious fellowships while babe-hunting, and subsequent soul-searching. Pentecostal, Catholic, Deeper Life, Jehovah Witness, SCOAN, C & S, AMORC, Eckankar, Ogboni... Name it and I've probably being there. After about a decade of gallivanting, it became stale. So I settled for LFC – for a time.
I also studied countless literatures in search of an elusive answer: Theological (Bible, Quran, Torah, Vedas, Sutras, Toa Te Ching, Kabbala, Book of Enoch, Mormon, Lucifer, Book of the Dead et al); Scientific (Theory of Relativity, Evolution, Quantum, Heliocentrism et al); Philosophical (Existentialism, Confucianism, Synchronicity et al); and Poetic (Dante's Inferno, Divine Comedy, Works of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Leonardo da Vinci, Invictus et al)

Over the course of my life, I have worn many hats. Theist. Deist. Spiritist. Atheist. Scientologist. Agnostic. Mystic and other assorted paraphernalia. Anything that made sense at that point in my life was my latest zealotry. I briefly dabbled in ignorance and found it too mundane for my enlightened mind.
My most recent label is 'Open-minded' – willingness to honestly assess the evidence for and against a claim, ignoring opinions and dealing only with facts, following it to where it leads, accepting errors and drawing conclusion only after validation. Essentially, to learn, unlearn and relearn truth.
It is a fine notion that I have sustain for some time now. But the problem is an open-mind is fickle (susceptible to change), and I have literally been flip-flopping about with different ideologies, while holding unto some opinion without recourse to proof. I am devoted to certain intangible beliefs that I term my fundamental truths:

• For one, I am decidedly convinced that there exist a supernatural force or being or entity that directs the affairs of this world. Call it Fate, Chi, Universal Mind, God, Allah, Jehovah, Lucifer... or whatever deity you fancy. Trying to convince me otherwise will be futile. There are far too many coincidences and synchronicities (indiscernible and inexplicable acausal connected occurrences) in life to ignore the existence of providence. But my love or affinity for 'this entity' is under consideration – a subtle way of saying that I utterly despise its rule. In this regard, I may be a 'hatist'

• I believe in magic, miracles and wonders. Several times, I have fortuitously escaped the jaws of death, enjoyed unmerited favours, and reaped fortune where I did not sow (or prayed).
My ancestors were traditionalist, oracles, spiritual healers and warriors. My great grandfather was a legendary warrior-priest who single handedly defended our small town from a large invading tribe. My late grandmother was a renowned ogbanjé. The rest of my extended family are currently either practicing traditionalists, christians or a combination.
I can attest to the efficacy of magic (juju), having briefly used local charms called 'chuk-n-bounce' and 'blow-n-fall' while in secondary school (for self defence).

• And I believe in the power of love....

My belief is not bound by logic, custom or common sense.

An argument once held sway: "Serve God. You have nothing to lose, if he doesn't exist. And everything to gain, if he does." Since my fear of death or eternal damnation has faded with my youthful exuberance and naivety; I am compelled to re-evaluate the basis and motives of my belief. I don't want to worship any god just because am afraid of hell or whatever retribution awaits sinners and unbelievers. It matters not how charged with punishment the scroll; I am the master of my fate; And I refuse to yield to religious blackmail.
My quarrel with religion was inevitable.

My feud with Christianity in particular is aptly summarised in this excerpt from 'Dirt under the rug' by RaggedyAnn:

"...What was the point of it all? Why had God created Adam and Eve, and then put them in the garden with the tree that bore the forbidden fruit, when he didn’t mean for them to eat it? That notion was as fool hardy as putting a goat and a tuber of yam in the same room, and expecting to find the yam intact, several hours later. Surely, God would be cleverer than that. Unless, of course, the ‘fall of man’ was his ultimate intent. Again, what was the point of it all? Why had man been condemned, in a deliberate set-up, only to be expected to claw his way back to salvation? Why had God not spared the blameless Jesus Christ the trouble of the agonizing journey to the cross, by keeping the snake out of the garden? And why had God, purportedly, given man free-will, if there was even the slightest possibility that man’s Will would contradict with God’s Will? Why did he not simply cause man to do what he wanted in the first place, instead of giving him the burden of free-will which was sure to put him in conflict with God? What was the moral justification for punishing man for exercising the free-will which was inflicted upon him by God? It was a sadistic plot that just did not make sense because God was supposed to be infinitely good. But it was not supposed to make sense because, they say, God works in mysterious ways. And with that ludicrous statement, the application of logic and common sense had been cleverly preempted."

Similar dilemmas of the afore-stated proportions are inherent in other religions of the world.

Therefore, my inquisition:
Is religion worth adhering to? Or is there a better way?

Op can we talk?
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by hopefulLandlord: 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

sincere answer is that most atheists on this forum are former Christians themselves so its only logical to attack something you have been a part of from the inside, that's why whistleblowing is the best way to expose a corrupt and hypocritical organisation

also we are in an environment where Christianity forms the major religion of the country so popularity is a valid reason too

an atheist from the middle east who is a former Muslim would most likely attack Islam much more than he'll attack Christianity (if he attacks Christianity at all)

also Nairaland Christians aren't helping matters by focusing more on atheism these days than they'll focus on their own religion

How many muslims enter into atheist threads to start trolling.?

How many muslims always assume that any thread negating "God" or "religion" is their concern?

Even though the word "God" is used by every religion, how many times have they assumed you are talking about their God when ever you use the word "God" then turn around and complain...

there was once a thread against Abraham/Ibrahim willingness to sacrifice his son, Muslims didn't bother even though it concens them but christians would assume it is sorely the exclusive concern of their religion.

I know Islam section is locked and that might be part of the reason for this but I'm pretty sure that Christians would still leave their section to attack anything "not Christian" on the general religion section even if they're given a section

most Muslims on this platform make it an unconscious point to ignore atheists as much as possible, even when our criticism is valid, they'll rather take on a Christian like Al Baghdadi, Plapville, Anas09, truthman et al even when they give dumb remarks than take on any atheist giving valid one if they can help it; and they also have a way of ending discussion with atheists by going silent while most Christian apologists argue with us for tens of pages trying to "win"

its basically all a vicious cycle anyways

so if I'm to chose one option that seems closer to the truth "Popularity" it is

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by analice107: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
coolk:
@RaggedyAnn
Your philosophy has its allure. I will take it under advisement.
Thanks for the valuable insight.
Mr Coolk, i have sent you a mail, if its OK with you, pls reply.
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by analice107: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
U don ever see children dey throw stones on a Mango tree without ripe fruits? A fruitless tree, receives no stones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Ranchhoddas: 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

You already know the answer.

Nobody fights the powerless or the empty. Everyone who is envious or angry at the powerful always look for ways to first weaken the powerful so they can come within striking distance.

You already know your answer
This is a rather bold assumption.
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is a rather bold assumption.

smiley Its a truthfully bold assertion!
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Ranchhoddas: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

sincere answer is that most atheists on this forum are former Christians themselves so its only logical to attack something you have been a part of from the inside, that's why whistleblowing is the best way to expose a corrupt and hypocritical organisation

also we are in an environment where Christianity forms the major religion of the country so popularity is a valid reason too

an atheist from the middle east who is a former Muslim would most likely attack Islam much more than he'll attack Christianity (if he attacks Christianity at all)

also Nairaland Christians aren't helping matters by focusing more on atheism these days than they'll focus on their own religion

How many muslims enter into atheist threads to start trolling.?

How many muslims always assume that any thread negating "God" or "religion" is their concern?

Even though the word "God" is used by every religion, how many times have they assumed you are talking about their God when ever you use the word "God" then turn around and complain...

there was once a thread against Abraham/Ibrahim willingness to sacrifice his son, Muslims didn't bother even though it concens them but christians would assume it is sorely the exclusive concern of their religion.

I know Islam section is locked and that might be part of the reason for this but I'm pretty sure that Christians would still leave their section to attack anything "not Christian" on the general religion section even if they're given a section

most Muslims on this platform make it an unconscious point to ignore atheists as much as possible, even when our criticism is valid, they'll rather take on a Christian like Al Baghdadi, Plapville, Anas09, truthman et al even when they give dumb remarks than take on any atheist giving valid one if they can help it; and they also have a way of ending discussion with atheists by going silent while most Christian apologists argue with us for tens of pages trying to "win"

its basically all a vicious cycle anyways

so if I'm to chose one option that seems closer to the truth "Popularity" it is
While I agree with most of what you've said, I am not restricting myself to Nairaland, I believe if a survey were to be taken, Christianity would still take the highest amount of flak. The character Jesus from my own observation has a way has a way of popping up in all religious discourse whether inadvertently or otherwise. I am still open to the popularity theory though as Christians dominate many spheres of endeavour.

2 Likes

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Ranchhoddas: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
analice107:

U don ever see children dey throw stones on a Mango tree without ripe fruits? A fruitless tree, receives no stones.
Lol...Hunger fit cause am. You never chop unripe mango before?
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Ranchhoddas: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

smiley Its a truthfully bold assertion!
Lol. Jury's still out on that.
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Anas09: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
While I agree with most of what you've said, I am not restricting myself to Nairaland, I believe if a survey were to be taken, Christianity would still take the highest amount of flak. The character Jesus from my own observation has a way has a way of popping up in all religious discourse whether inadvertently or otherwise. I am still open to the popularity theory though as Christians dominate many spheres of endeavour.
Other religions besides Atheism agree on the God concept, but when it comes to Jesus, the disparities comes in.

Why do everyone believe in God without issues, but when it came to the personality of Jesus, a problem asrises? Most have their versions of who christ is or is not.

The bone of contention is Jesus Christ.
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Ranchhoddas: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
Anas09:

Other religions besides Atheism agree on the God concept, but when it comes to Jesus, the disparities comes in.

Why do everyone believe in God without issues, but when it came to the personality of Jesus, a problem asrises? Most have their versions of who christ is or is not.

The bone of contention is Jesus Christ.

Answer me truthfully...If you were not Christian, would you have believed that God walked the face of the Earth and was killed by mere humans?

1 Like

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Charlesdock(m): 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
Learning
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by Anas09: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Answer me truthfully...If you were not Christian, would you have believed that God walked the face of the Earth and was killed by mere humans?
Yes, i will believe.

If i weren't a Christian but was allowed to give attention to what the Christians have to say, yeah, i could believe why not?

Aren't muslims believing? Aren't Buddhist believing?

I wasn't born a Christian. I was Catholic.

What motivated this your question is the believe that everyone born amongst Christians is automatically a Christian. But, it's not true. No one is born a Christian. Being a Christian has nothing to do with where you were born.

Although, i grew up in an environment where we went to a gathering called the Church, even when all we were taught was so far fetched compared to what we shd actually be taught, i grew up not knowing anything about Jesus Christ. I knew so much about Mary, but nothing about Jesus who died for me.

And today, so many folks around me right now are not Christians, yet born in places that are reffered to as Christian communities.

Christianity is a Kingdom whose access is offered to a responsible adult by Christ.
That adult must understand what it means to be lost in sin and dead in the spirit.

He must feel the helplessness of someone trapped and needs freedom.

He must of neccesity know the wieght of sin and its consequences before he can accept the gift of salvation which is an access into the Kingdom which Christ came to call us into. Children can not understand all this.^^^

And, Christ was not killed by anyone, No one could have killed him even if they had wanted to. He layed down his life.

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
John:10:17- 18

See?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by TheEminentLaity: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
Good read OP. You're a good writer. I am a christian and I battle doubts daily about the Bible, christianity - its gory, political and violent history- world history tells a different story because coloured people were the first people on the planet etc how all the evils of men have been spurred on by religion over time including the most inhumane and evil slavery but I know there is power in the name Jesus Christ. I believe in God and Jesus Christ His Son and have decided that's enough for me. I am an Orthodox christian and I like their theology and how they believe that the Bible and humans cannot in one life time understand the mystery that is God, which is absolutely true.

Learning all these have made me discard fundamentalism. I have no fear or at least none for religious blackmail of eternal condemnation (without disbelieving divine judgement) often utilised by many controlling sects within christianity. I let God fight His battles. I cannot and do not defend christianity or God but I hold on to my faith. if atheists/misotheists abuse God or and my faith, I ignore them because I don't have all the answers myself, I never will. God and the spiritual are mysterious and humans throughout history only attempt to describe the phenomena through ancient texts and traditions. However, something I realised in my search -not as thorough as yours though- is that searching most times could be futile and the downside is that realising that if one had used the same effort to learn money and how to become rich, one would almost certainly lead a better life here on earth to do good and become a blessing to their neighbours according to each individuals belief.

Religion and faith is worth it because there is definitely an unseen/unperceived realm that we leave for and pray to God over our affairs and salvation. The persistent thorn in the flesh is that the more intelligent and inquisitive one is, the greater the struggle with belief. I pray we come the truth about God.
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by analice107: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Lol...Hunger fit cause am. You never chop unripe mango before?
But the Mango must bare fruits first nah
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by mohamedali(m): 4:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
انا لم اكمل قراءة موضوعك لأني عرفت فورا أنك من المؤمنين بتوحيد الله والنضال عن طريقه وقال الله أنه يهدي إليه من اناب ورجع عليه في إمرة ؛ فيعطي دين الإسلام فرصه حتي يريك أين أنت ماذا عليك أن تفعل و ألما الذي سوف تجده عند الله؛(أنك لا تهدي من أحببت ولكن الله يعدي من يشاء )
Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by 4amorc(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2017
4everGod:

Op can we talk?

Go To www.AMORConline.com

and click on the Yellow tab to read the Rosicrucian Monographs For FREE

When a person tries to get you to join something, try and be very attentive to their state of mind. Are they a cult member? Have they lost themselves in a synthetic reality? Look carefully!

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by 4amorc(m): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2017

Whole countries can enslave their citizens without any type of physical restraint. Look at the old Soviet Union, Nazi Germany or pre-occupied Japan. Look at what those people were willing to sacrifice and do, often without conscience, to their fellow citizens and to other countries. A cult can do no less and often operates under similar principles.

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by 4amorc(m): 12:25am On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=coolk post=52372551]I apologies for the tedious essay. Feel free to criticize.

There is a science of mind control. Do you think cult leaders are unaware of what they are doing? Some cult leaders are very pragmatic mind control engineers. Don’t underestimate them.

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by 4amorc(m): 12:28am On Jan 05, 2017
coolk:

There are two stages to cult capture. The first is cognitive persuasion, which is very much like powerful advertising. The second is trance induction. Avoid them both.

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by 4amorc(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2017
4everGod:

Op can we talk?

FREE

Do not join an organization without researching it first. At the first stages of interest by a prospective member, a cult will deploy weapons for almost instantaneous capture.

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by 4amorc(m): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2017
coolk:

I had an interesting conversation with a brilliant writer on Nairaland, read several dialogues about belief and religion, specifically on the recent article about Mark Zuckerberg's faith, and arguments between seun & co. about Mark's supposedly non-atheistic leanings.
The more I read, and saw Nairalanders passionately defend their ideology, the more envious I grew. Knowing not where I stood.

I went to bed that night; desolate. Instead of sleep, I embarked on a journey into the yond of despair. And arose the next morning, half-asleep and bereft of ideas.
Indifference no longer appeals to me, as it once did. I long to stand for something. Something that will give my life meaning beyond the pursuit of happiness or love or accomplishment. I am a man grown, still, I fantasize about a heroic death. My obsession with greatness and immortality are my only weaknesses.
I possess drive, cunning, wit, guts, even feats. Yet I feel something extraordinary is missing. I often find myself contemplating my life's purpose or searching for meaning. My wandering soul longs to set ashore.

Yesterday, I attended the 'traditional' burial of a chieftain in my family. I stood afar and watched in disdain as they performed fetish ceremonies to appease their deity with my late Nze's mortal coil – that moment in-between their chants and the substantial behind of a beatiful lady whisking away my attention – did it hit me. I had relapsed into another episode of existential crisis.

So far, I have successfully (relatively) weathered life's trials and tribulations; infirmity, penury, injustice, conflict (thrice I survived inter-ethnic and religious clashes), resounding defeat, agonizing grief; and seemingly endless disappointments upon disappointments. Fueled by hate, I have performed Herculean tasks of celestial proportions. The worship a supernatural being has lost its charm.

I neva old finish, but in my younger, philandering days, I attended several religious fellowships while babe-hunting, and subsequent soul-searching. Pentecostal, Catholic, Deeper Life, Jehovah Witness, SCOAN, C & S, AMORC, Eckankar, Ogboni... Name it and I've probably being there. After about a decade of gallivanting, it became stale. So I settled for LFC – for a time.
I also studied countless literatures in search of an elusive answer: Theological (Bible, Quran, Torah, Vedas, Sutras, Toa Te Ching, Kabbala, Book of Enoch, Mormon, Lucifer, Book of the Dead et al); Scientific (Theory of Relativity, Evolution, Quantum, Heliocentrism et al); Philosophical (Existentialism, Confucianism, Synchronicity et al); and Poetic (Dante's Inferno, Divine Comedy, Works of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Leonardo da Vinci, Invictus et al)

Over the course of my life, I have worn many hats. Theist. Deist. Spiritist. Atheist. Scientologist. Agnostic. Mystic and other assorted paraphernalia. Anything that made sense at that point in my life was my latest zealotry. I briefly dabbled in ignorance and found it too mundane for my enlightened mind.
My most recent label is 'Open-minded' – willingness to honestly assess the evidence for and against a claim, ignoring opinions and dealing only with facts, following it to where it leads, accepting errors and drawing conclusion only after validation. Essentially, to learn, unlearn and relearn truth.
It is a fine notion that I have sustain for some time now. But the problem is an open-mind is fickle (susceptible to change), and I have literally been flip-flopping about with different ideologies, while holding unto some opinion without recourse to proof. I am devoted to certain intangible beliefs that I term my fundamental truths:

• For one, I am decidedly convinced that there exist a supernatural force or being or entity that directs the affairs of this world. Call it Fate, Chi, Universal Mind, God, Allah, Jehovah, Lucifer... or whatever deity you fancy. Trying to convince me otherwise will be futile. There are far too many coincidences and synchronicities (indiscernible and inexplicable acausal connected occurrences) in life to ignore the existence of providence. But my love or affinity for 'this entity' is under consideration – a subtle way of saying that I utterly despise its rule. In this regard, I may be a 'hatist'

• I believe in magic, miracles and wonders. Several times, I have fortuitously escaped the jaws of death, enjoyed unmerited favours, and reaped fortune where I did not sow (or prayed).
My ancestors were traditionalist, oracles, spiritual healers and warriors. My great grandfather was a legendary warrior-priest who single handedly defended our small town from a large invading tribe. My late grandmother was a renowned ogbanjé. The rest of my extended family are currently either practicing traditionalists, christians or a combination.
I can attest to the efficacy of magic (juju), having briefly used local charms called 'chuk-n-bounce' and 'blow-n-fall' while in secondary school (for self defence).

An argument once held sway: "Serve God. You have nothing to lose, if he doesn't exist. And everything to gain, if he does." Since my fear of death or eternal damnation has faded with my youthful exuberance and naivety; I am compelled to re-evaluate the basis and motives of my belief. I don't want to worship any god just because am afraid of hell or whatever retribution awaits sinners and unbelievers. It matters not how charged with punishment the scroll; I am the master of my fate; And I refuse to yield to religious blackmail.

My feud with Christianity in particular is aptly summarised in this excerpt from 'Dirt under the rug' by RaggedyAnn:

"...What was the point of it all? Why had God created Adam and Eve, and then put them in the garden with the tree that bore the forbidden fruit, when he didn’t mean for them to eat it? That notion was as fool hardy as putting a goat and a tuber of yam in the same room, and expecting to find the yam intact, several hours later. Surely, God would be cleverer than that. Unless, of course, the ‘fall of man’ was his ultimate intent. Again, what was the point of it all? Why had man been condemned, in a deliberate set-up, only to be expected to claw his way back to salvation? Why had God not spared the blameless Jesus Christ the trouble of the agonizing journey to the cross, by keeping the snake out of the garden? And why had God, purportedly, given man free-will, if there was even the slightest possibility that man’s Will would contradict with God’s Will? Why did he not simply cause man to do what he wanted in the first place, instead of giving him the burden of free-will which was sure to put him in conflict with God? What was the moral justification for punishing man for exercising the free-will which was inflicted upon him by God? It was a sadistic plot that just did not make sense because God was supposed to be infinitely good. But it was not supposed to make sense because, they say, God works in mysterious ways. And with that ludicrous statement, the application of logic and common sense had been cleverly preempted."

Similar dilemmas of the afore-stated proportions are inherent in other religions of the world.

FREE

Look before you leap when you encounter anyone who promises something for very little. You may wind up falling into a pit of deception.

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by 4amorc(m): 5:49am On Jan 08, 2017
coolk:

FREE

and click on the Yellow tab to read the Rosicrucian Monographs.

The technique of cognitive persuasion for cult recruitment is based on reflexive thinking- that is a kind of thinking that transpires relatively unconsciously, based on assumptions you have accepted long ago. Reflect instead of reflex and you will be safer.

Re: The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) by coolk(m): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2017
This Story is Incomplete...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealing With Evil Money (occult Money) / Dunamis Church: Unveiling The World Largest Church Auditorium (glory Dome) / How Can I See Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.