Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

I Need An Advice! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need An Advice! (1150 Views)

An Advice To The Youths Of Nigeria / An Engineer Needs An Advice / Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Advice! by Motunmi: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
Good day all,

I sincerely need professional advice on this issue so that I can start preparing myself on time. Thanks

I hold OND certificate in Accounting and just got my B.Sc Accounting recently. I couldn't register for ICAN while in school because of my financial status and now, I want to start by next year.

The issue now is: Should I use my OND certificate to claim exemptions and start the program from ATS 3 or I use my B.Sc Accounting and start from PE 2?

If I use my OND certificate, I'll get the ATSWA qualification alongside other certificates while if I use B.Sc, I'll write just 2 stages and get qualified.

Please, I have no one to enlighten me in this regard so a candid advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: I Need An Advice! by Motunmi: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2009
Could it be that there are no charetered accountants on Nairaland or better still a professional adviser?
Re: I Need An Advice! by 4shizzle(f): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2009
It will be better geting a AAT certification because there are more jobs out there requesting to employ people with AAT compared to Ican this is due to the economy situation most companies knw it is more expensive recruiting chatered accountants. In addition to this, considering the fact that PE exams are more expensive you can get your AAT, get a job with your certificate that will pay for your PE exams. All the best with whatever choice you make
Re: I Need An Advice! by Motunmi: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2009
Thanks dearie.

Any other opinion please.
Re: I Need An Advice! by Eggyloo: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
My advice is based on the fact that I started from ATS while I was still in school. I would advice you(as I've advised my other friends too) to start from ATS 3.

Consider the fact that u could have the AAT NOW and ICAN in future. If u start from ATS 3, u'ld have built your analytical skills, essay comprehension skills and time management in answering questions. Besides, ICAN is changing their syllabus effective next year & u wont want to be the first batch to start directly from PE 2. ATS is cheaper too.

I know some pple who quitted from writing ATS before they graduated since they cud get exemption but ended up writing the Professional Exams over n over again (not that I'm mocking them or being boastful). The trick here is that with each stage of the exam comes stricter marking so when u're exempted from any stage, it is assumed that u're adequately prepared for that level u want to begin with.

All the best!!!!
Re: I Need An Advice! by Motunmi: 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
Thanks to all.

Please, going by the stages that has just been reviewed, after ATS 3, which is the next stage PE 1 or intermediate?
Re: I Need An Advice! by roarowolo(f): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
Motun mi,

Kindly peruse the attached if you are yet to cross over to Professional Examination. You are to start writing from Intermediate BCRM and later PE I & II with the new syllabus.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Best & Worst Day Of The Week / Help! "I Signed Myself Into Slavery because Of Unemployment N Now I Can't Get Out" / Motivational Message For Unemployed Graduates.-mylastkobo.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.