Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments (7103 Views)

Is Gionee X1s (3gb/32gb) Fake / Is Gionee Dead In Nigeria? / Pls Be Careful Do Not Buy Tecno Phones Read My Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by queenfav(f): 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
Jackofall:

I understand whatyou look out for in phones, extreme computing abilities without much concern for battery life and power consumption, I agree that the xiaomi Redmi pro is very fast with extreme performance, but have you consider the effect that would haveon power consumption, p10 was made to be efficient in power consumption , while x20/25 was made to be crazy in performance, to me what I value is low power consumption without much effect on its efficiency, which this phone gives me.

Also the battery of your phone is lower, and it doesn't have encryption too. So you would charge your phone more often than I would. Again if your phone develop fault which shop will you take it too? Does xiaomi has shop in Nigeria? Gionee has support for their phones in Nigeria, i can easily take it there if anything happens to the phone for repair.
I just read this... So you know nai u dey come ask nairalanders... I once swore never to buy a phone above 30k.Infact i thought people who did were wasteful and trying to show off..Guy, as God come pick my call i have seen the light!My mantra now is that if you love something, and you can afford it, buy it!
These same people advising you would idolize a person with an iPhone 7 with 2gb ram, poor battery specs of less than 2000 mah gotten for close to 300k because its an apple device .As na gionee, a phone having 64gb internal memory and other innovative features should have been sold for 30k abi?Una no serious.
The Picture quality is very sharp.. Audio output is rich. Abi its the split screen feature? Or the fact that it has a smart remote for diverse kinds of electronics.
Buy it my brother, that's my advice for you so long as you really love it.Leave all these self acclaimed phone experts who haven't seen the phone up close, let alone used one!

2 Likes

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Dam5reey(m): 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
Jackofall:

I understand whatyou look out for in phones, extreme computing abilities without much concern for battery life and power consumption, I agree that the xiaomi Redmi pro is very fast with extreme performance, but have you consider the effect that would haveon power consumption, p10 was made to be efficient in power consumption , while x20/25 was made to be crazy in performance, to me what I value is low power consumption without much effect on its efficiency, which this phone gives me.

Also the battery of your phone is lower, and it doesn't have encryption too. So you would charge your phone more often than I would. Again if your phone develop fault which shop will you take it too? Does xiaomi has shop in Nigeria? Gionee has support for their phones in Nigeria, i can easily take it there if anything happens to the phone for repair.

I'm not here to discuss Xiaomi .the raw performance of Redmi 4 pro beat your 120k phone hands down..

Ask people using it to run benchmarks. And you will see poor results...
Don't tell me that benchmarks are not equal to performance..

I will not argue with you.. the phone and talking about uses 4100Mah.. 5" screen with FHD display..

Its runs on snapdragon 625... tongue not MTK

And who told you my phone will get fault...

And who told you that Gionee parts are readily available that if i have issue they will repair in 72hours..

I'm currently using Gionee Elife E7... It has 2500mah...
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Dam5reey(m): 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
Abeg if you want to know about Xiaomi phone how I bought mine...Kindly check
"The Xiaomi thread"
ask any questions there you will get replied as soon as possible...
This is a Gionee fan Thread... Peace... cool
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by demsid(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
queenfav:
I just read this... So you know nai u dey come ask nairalanders... I once swore never to buy a phone above 30k.Infact i thought people who did were wasteful and trying to show off..Guy, as God come pick my call i have seen the light!My mantra now is that if you love something, and you can afford it, buy it!
These same people advising you would idolize a person with an iPhone 7 with 2gb ram, poor battery specs of less than 2000 mah gotten for close to 300k because its an apple device .As na gionee, a phone having 64gb internal memory and other innovative features should have been sold for 30k abi?Una no serious.
The Picture quality is very sharp.. Audio output is rich. Abi its the split screen feature? Or the fact that it has a smart remote for diverse kinds of electronics.
Buy it my brother, that's my advice for you so long as you really love it.Leave all these self acclaimed phone experts who haven't seen the phone up close, let alone used one!
bro no just go there, that iPhone 7 u mention big pass ur mouth or gionee CEO's. I'm not an iPhone user cos I can't afford it but my close frd that's using iPhone 7, I press it like its mine, the battery lasts like f'ck, sleek n fast in performance than whatever gig ram ur gionee come with. tho I'm using gionee m5 plus, but truth be told.
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
queenfav:

LOL, thanks dear, seriously enjoying the phone, makes mad sense. Camera is superb, speed is awesome, battery is out of this world!!!!
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by queenfav(f): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
Jackofall:

LOL, thanks dear, seriously enjoying the phone, makes mad sense. Camera is superb, speed is awesome, battery is out of this world!!!!
lol...Oya thread closed!Welcome to the Club bro.Glad you are enjoying your phone.
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dam5reey:

I'm not here to discuss Xiaomi .the raw performance of Redmi 4 pro beat your 120k phone hands down..

I will not argue with you.. the phone and talking about uses 4100Mah.. 5" screen with FHD display..

And who told you that Gionee parts are readily available that if i have issue they will repair in 72hours..

You still don't get me, I am not arguing about the performance, you are right, the performance is better, but the power consumption would be very high compared to m6, I am more concerned with lower power consumption than very high performance.

1 Like

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
demsid:
bro no just go there, that iPhone 7 u mention big pass ur mouth or gionee CEO's. I'm not an iPhone user cos I can't afford it but my close frd that's using iPhone 7, I press it like its mine, the battery lasts like f'ck, sleek n fast in performance than whatever gig ram ur gionee come with. tho I'm using gionee m5 plus, but truth be told.
Are you saying the performance of iPhone 7 is significantly higher than m5 plus that would totally justify the exorbitant price of iPhone 7? Be honest with yourself bro, without brand name, is iPhone 7really worth it, forget the brand name

1 Like

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
queenfav:
lol...Oya thread closed!Welcome to the Club bro.Glad you are enjoying your phone.

I won't lie tho, I think it's a bit expensive, 100k Wld have been it, I actually bought it because of the full support I do get from gionee for my previous devices, so I have rest of mind using the phone because I know the warranty on it is valid and accessible where I am. Compared to some other very good Chinese phones that don't have warranty in Nigeria, if anything happens to it OYO!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by queenfav(f): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
Jackofall:

I won't lie tho, I think it's a bit expensive, 100k Wld have been it, I actually bought it because of the full support I do get from gionee for my previous devices, so I have rest of mind using the phone because I know the warranty on it is valid and accessible where I am. Compared to some other very good Chinese phones that don't have warranty in Nigeria, if anything happens to it OYO!!!
You are right, na exchange rate we go blame.. Else it would have been 100k or less than... Still, it's a good buy.. If it were samsung that produced a phone of similar specs, it would sell for 300k and above.
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dam5reey:

I used antutu 3D to test it, and I got 50000, what's the ranking of redmi4pro?

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by oscillation55(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
Gionee m6 sweet die grin grin am a witness cool cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by oscillation55(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
oscillation55:
Gionee m6 sweet die grin grin am a witness cool cheesy
Get yours @118k limited qty on offer
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
Damoxy:

Na wa o and Kulimart sells it for 84k

Bros check jumia, I'm sure it will be more expensive. Aliexpress is damn economical cos I'm a living witness but most of my naija people dunno dis
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Dam5reey(m): 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
Jackofall:

You still don't get me, I am not arguing about the performance, you are right, the performance is better, but the power consumption would be very high compared to m6, I am more concerned with lower power consumption than very high performance.

Have you used the redmi 4 pro... How did you know the battery performance?

What's my business with power consumption... Why do i have battery in the first place... If not for consumption...

Who battery management EPP....
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by DonnyE(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
Jackofall:

I used antutu 3D to test it, and I got 50000, what's the ranking of redmi4pro?
Its 62000..it's not as bad as you think ...

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Dam5reey(m): 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
DonnyE:

Its 62000..it's not as bad as you think ...

Thank you for this...
I don't have mine yet....It dusted the M6 grin
140$ phone...
But see a trusted site

1 Like

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Dam5reey(m): 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
queenfav:
You are right, na exchange rate we go blame.. Else it would have been 100k or less than... Still, it's a good buy.. If it were samsung that produced a phone of similar specs, it would sell for 300k and above.

Stop this lies. Samsung S7 edge, LGG5, HTC one m10 cost less than 300k...

Even Samsung Grand 2 had split screen... Ir blaster is like Bluetooth and fingerprint scanner are like Bluetooth on Xiaomi phones grin
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by ubyways(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dam5reey:

See you abeg no compare at all. Leeco max 2 i way better...it has the 4G RAM and 64 gb ROM..
Never compare 820 to helio P10..
What is 4G RAM on a wack chipset...

I just purchased this phone you can google it if you don't know it Xiaomi Redmi 4 pro...
Your M6 does not çome close even the battery performance...

It cost me only N45,000.. shocked

please where in Nigeria did buy this phone(xaiomi redmi 4 pro). I need this phone so badly
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by petroldollar: 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dam5reey:

See you abeg no compare at all. Leeco max 2 i way better...it has the 4G RAM and 64 gb ROM..

I just purchased this phone you can google it if you don't know it Xiaomi Redmi 4 pro...

Modified

Abeg if you want to know about Xiaomi phone how I bought mine...

Kindly check "The Xiaomi thread"

Ask any questions there you will get replied as soon as possible...
This is a Gionee fan Thread... Peace...
where did u purchase it from?
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Braveryy(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dam5reey:

Modified

Abeg if you want to know about Xiaomi phone how I bought mine...

Kindly check "The Xiaomi thread"

Ask any questions there you will get replied as soon as possible...
This is a Gionee fan Thread... Peace...
bro, where did you buy from?
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 31, 2016
If they have support like tecno buy it. Battery life is very important in Nigeria except you want to be plugging phone everywhere like my Samsung Brothers... I use a tecno l8+. Which I bought for 33k 5k mah battery. 2gig ram. Enough for me to do everthing I want.

My younger sis uses the m5 and its a very good phone, the camera rivals top phones, so I belive the m6 will only be better.

Anyways, always remember to cut your coat according to your size.

In orther news, I am moving back to infinix because i used the hot note for a year and gave someone who's still using it without any issue.

But I've changed my tecno 3 times cuz the charging icing got bad, the mic got bad and the screen got bad. This is my 3rd phone. You gotta love the warranty....

I'm waiting for that killer infinix product.... If not m6 might just be my next phone.

FYI, I nor like to use phone pass 15 months...

4 Likes

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 31, 2016
[quote post=52404589]

Thank you for this...
I don't have mine yet....It dusted the M6 grin
140$ phone...
But see a trusted site [/quote]

Screenshot the battery usage of this your phone when you buy it. mine drops at the rate of 10% per hour on heavy browsing(H+network) non stop. I am about to sleep now.

Charging capacity of gionee m6 measured by ampere application, it's very high as you can see, I know a tablet whose charging capacity is about 1700mAh now compared to a phone whose charging capacity is over 2000mAh, it means the charger is very good and the phone charging port and ability is very good.

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by lereinter(m): 6:47am On Dec 31, 2016
what is secret in IT gadgets or internet
go give the russians or other mafias they will unbundle it for u.
me i dont like phones with funny names
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by TappGroupNG: 8:38am On Jan 03, 2017
Lol, I'm wondering when Gionee entered the market.
Tecno has excellent quality and it has slowly become a brand name in a lot of Nigerian homes.
openy:
Don't compare gionee with tecno.
Compare them with Samsung
The price is superb
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by kesses: 8:42am On Jan 03, 2017
i must say the phones are nice
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by oxmale: 6:16am On Jan 04, 2017
TappGroupNG:
Tecno has excellent quality and it has slowly become a brand name in a lot of Nigerian homes.
that line is lame,, try something else.
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by peeguy(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2017
TappGroupNG:
the name tecno is synonymous to wack

1 Like

Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Kiady16: 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
jimihendrix:
If they have support like tecno buy it. Battery life is very important in Nigeria except you want to be plugging phone everywhere like my Samsung Brothers... I use a tecno l8+. Which I bought for 33k 5k mah battery. 2gig ram. Enough for me to do everthing I want.

My younger sis uses the m5 and its a very good phone, the camera rivals top phones, so I belive the m6 will only be better.

Anyways, always remember to cut your coat according to your size.

In orther news, I am moving back to infinix because i used the hot note for a year and gave someone who's still using it without any issue.

But I've changed my tecno 3 times cuz the charging icing got bad, the mic got bad and the screen got bad. This is my 3rd phone. You gotta love the warranty....

I'm waiting for that killer infinix product.... If not m6 might just be my next phone.

FYI, I nor like to use phone pass 15 months...
Go for Gionee M6. Gionee phones are always durable
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kiady16:

Go for Gionee M6. Gionee phones are always durable
guy I am a student and I can't risk a 120k..
But how much is gionee s6s or m5plus..
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Kiady16: 11:01am On Jan 05, 2017
Leader26:
guy I am a student and I can't risk a 120k..
But how much is gionee s6s or m5plus..
m5plus 105k
s6s 76k
Re: Is Gionee M6 Really Worth120k, Pls Be Honest, No Sentiments by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 05, 2017
Hey does the Nigerian version have the security chips set?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Hours Should A 3000mah Battery Use / Tecno A+: Xperia Blast Rom / Glo Has Introduce New Data Plan For All Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.