Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way (645 Views)

BREAKING: The Old Panteka Market In Kaduna Has Been Gutted By Fire (PHOTOS) / Qd's Online Thrift Store / Please I Need Tips On Starting An Online Thrift Store... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way by earndollarz(m): 11:50am On Dec 30, 2016
There's an old saying in the medical parlance (I'm medical doctor by the way): "The more things change, the more they remain the same"

And so it is with the old-fashioned practice of Thrift or Thrift Institution.
Re: Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way by earndollarz(m): 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
Definition of thrift (by the Webster Dictionary)

1. healthy and vigorous growth

2. careful management especially of money

3. chiefly Scottish : gainful occupation

4. any of a genus (Armeria) of low-growing perennial evergreen herbs of the plumbago family; especially : a tufted herb (A. maritima) with pink or white flower heads

5. a savings bank or savings and loan association —called also thrift institution
Re: Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way by earndollarz(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
Remember the early on Nigerian TV sitcom: Bassey & Company with Bassey, a Thrift Collector, and his catch-phrase:

"If you want to be a M i l l I o n a I r e then think like a :M i l l I o n a I r e".

Well, its happening today and in this internet age, it's now on steroids.

"The more things change, the more they remain the same"

And let me tell you: as fraught with scams and swindlers as the internet might be, modernized Thrift Institutions have evolved that I can whole-heartedly agree with.

And as with the wisdom of Thrift associations of old - surviving the old-fashioned way till date - the modern versions also bring prudence and proper money management to bear, and eventually will make one able to live a comfortable life.

And so we have various Cooperatives and the like. But there is this one that I am particularly fond of that is inspiring in its innovativenss.

I will not mention names openly ( w h a t s a p p 0 8 0 2 3 4 3 6 8 9 8 for details) but I truly believe it is the evolution of the age-tested Thrift Institutios that have in the past created contentedness and comfort for our diserning forebears in this struggling economic landscape of ours.
Re: Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way by earndollarz(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
I will bring you to my focus group that you will find revealing.

On Thrift Focus you will unlock the wisdom of the ages as it were.

You will get to appreciate the idiom: penny wise, pound foolish the more.
Re: Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way by earndollarz(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hi. Let's have a conversation about making money by[i] Thrift Institutions[/i].

Join my whatsapp group for the focused discussions and see how you can tap into a veritable source of funds raising for your personal financial needs.
Re: Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way by emmaeko1989: 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
please add me to your whatsapp group..08150760515
Re: Thrift: Making It The Old-fashioned Way by funnymarvel(f): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Metal Business Cards(color Mix) / Testimony! How I Made #62,000 In One Month From Selling Smart Watch I Imported. / I Just Hit It BIG In My Business (image)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.