Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews (1927 Views)

Reno Omokri: Monumental Structures In Western Countries Are "Dedicated To Satan" / Secular Researchers Agree: Worldviews Control Science! / Do You Believe In Spiritual Death ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by DeepSight(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
On the generality of the broad outlines of Western as opposed to Eastern Spiritual worldviews, I tend to see the Eastern as much more advanced.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by Wilgrea7(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
DeepSight:

On the generality of the broad outlines of Western as opposed to Eastern Spiritual worldviews, I tend to see the Eastern as much more advanced.

What are your thoughts?

i like the eastern view.. but i can't ignore some points in the western view... in some areas, my mind is merging the two
Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by MizMyColi(f): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
I'm thoroughly eastern all the way....or at least - aspiring to.
It appeals to my being more and makes me feel more rooted.

2 Likes

Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by Omudia11: 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
Western! Cuz there's no life outside God!
Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by ScarletOverkill(f): 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
I've always toed the Eastern line. Appeals to me on a primal level.
There's this part of me that just automatically questions most Western spiritual perspectives.

I don't believe the journey of mankind is cyclical, though.
Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by DeepSight(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
ScarletOverkill:

I don't believe the journey of mankind is cyclical, though.

Might I ask why, madam?
Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by DeepSight(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
Omudia11:
Western! Cuz there's no life outside God!

This seems to contain the implicit suggestion that Western thought is predominantly theistic whilst Eastern thought is predominantly atheistic. Is this really the case?

1 Like

Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by ScarletOverkill(f): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
DeepSight:

Might I ask why, madam?

Oh. I guess I should've said that I don't believe it's entirely cyclical.
What I know about the concept of life being cyclical is this: It's based on the belief that life events boomerang somehow. That events and history repeat themselves in one way or another. That events would happen all over again, somehow undecided. That time is circular; running in a circle and repeating itself in a cycle of events. Places emphasis on repetition. Then Karma is thrown in. Everlasting soul, etc etc.

I don't believe that. Life is cyclical in the simplest ways possible: the day morphs into night, and then the night morphs into day, the seasons are intertwined with each other and must re-occur. That sort of thing.

Life is also linear in the simplest way possible: it has a beginning and a definite end. The past may influence the future, but that doesn't necessarily mean that by influencing the future, the past is repeating itself. We are born, we live through a series of events, our life progresses until it gets to the end point. Shït happens blah blah.
Procreation could be seen as a cycle; continuation of our species. However, I don't believe that events are bound to be repeated over time, or that the future is just one big, definite mirror of the past.
Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by tobechi74: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
which one is eastern and western
Re: Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 06, 2017
in spite of the vast dissimilarities in practice and ultimately, purpose... it still does not explain why we are here.. inside here

(1) (Reply)

‍‍‍what I Saw Concerning "Jesus Christ ,myself,satan ,And some Believers." / See The Idol That The People Of Mecca Worshipped As Allah Before Muhammad Was Bo / Talkinq About Nick Vujicic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.