Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,882 members, 7,841,306 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! (5063 Views)

Poll: Should He be called up?

Yes: 15% (11 votes)
No: 84% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Emenike, Nsofor, Ameobi Return For Super-Eagles / Fifa Clears Shola Ameobi, Moses To Play For Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
Just because you are fond of Ameobi

Am not fond of him but I dont see what the rest bring to the party,  can you imagine Naija gets paired with South Korea or one of those countries that are extremely fit, that could run for 90+ minutes! thats when you would realize how lazy our players are,
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by meine: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ibime:

Ameobi is good at holding the ball up with his back to goal. . . . within a team setting, his presence may actually be beneficial to the Super Eagles.

grin grin grin U don collect bribe, when did backing the goal post become a skill?
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by FBS: 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
meine:

grin grin grin U don collect bribe, when did backing the goal post become a skill?
grin grin grin grin grin

NL IT IS! Yes, I said it. I love NL.

1 Like

Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 2:08pm On Nov 20, 2009
  U don collect bribe, when did backing the goal post become a skill

What a Shame, well Just ask Didier Drogba
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Mannylex(m): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
he doesn't deserve to play 4 us, when those guy were called super chickens were was he?,now he want 2 come we don't want
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by MrMurdah: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
Shola is passed his prime.

Give home based lads a chance.

Shola ko, Shole' ni!
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
Tne beautiful thing here is that no one here would have a say on who steps on the plane smoking towards South Africa,
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by toideve(m): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
what club is he playing for now?
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by komekn(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
Shola Ameobi was born in Nigeria and his parents who relocated to Newcastle got him into the youth team, selected to the England youth set up to pre-empt Nigeria from putting a claim on him, I believe.

I do not know what overtures the NFF made to call him to our national set up, from experience I know the NFF makes approaches on the pages of news papers. When they do come over you will not as Nigerians be amazed by their ineptitude and approach, honestly would struggle to convince someone to come for a holiday.

Shola is also a victim of racial preference, imagine if Okocha or indeed Shola was white, and you will know what I mean. On the few occasions they played together Obagol and Shola have run riot on teams. Pedigree consider Shola’s hat trick against Reading in August 2009. Age, if he was in Nigeria he could have been contesting for U20.

Compare him to Enaromo, Akpala, Makinwa, and who would you rather have, my view at least invite him to camp, my fear no egunje so selection by the powers of vested interest will prove problematic.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by galatico(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
No way!!! The Super Eagles coach should never invit that stupid, useless Ameobi, he was invited in the past, he shunned the call, now the Eagles have qualfied for the World Cup, and he wants to be part of the train to South Africa, no way, since he didn't take part in the qualifiers, he should not be invited, and also considering the fact that he is not playing in the Premier League.

England, the country he choose to play for at U-17, u-21, have rejected him and seeing that he has no chance whatsoever to be called up, he turns he attention to Nigeria .
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by komekn(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
Lawyer,

It takes a lot to impress me and most of your posts do, particularly on the discourse of land, property,  landlord and tenant law.

In this instance you make an assumption not based on knowledge, fact or indeed observation, FIFA changed the rules that opened the door for these guys to come home.

From experience of association, I am associated and I use the word carefully with a number of players who play for premiership sides at under 18 level, they dearly wanted to play for Nigeria, however, the politics of the NFF  or should I say the issues of egunje and who your sponsor his simply axed them out.

If you knew the extent of the rot in the NFF you would understand how certain players were ignored because of vested interest, and when you ask the NFF  will tell you they tried, but ask what was the substance, nature and process of thier TRYING and the real truth comes out.

My view is have an open mind where Shola is concerned.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by paddylo1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
Martins looks he has seen the last 3 eclipse of the sun and the 2nd one was in the 80's

nigga u are funny
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
@komekn

Spot on, we all know that this guy is about to reach his peak at 28 years he would give us energy and power, something the like of Yakubu and Co. can never give us playing big man's football, Kalou was about to play for Holland only for his nationalisation didnt come through, guess what 2 years later he was playing for Ivory Coast, Its only Nigeria or Nigerians who acting "Shaki trying to be like meat" we are not BRAZIL, if a player plays in the Indian league he should be given his chance,

We do not want to be the whipping boys of the competition
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by sammytb(m): 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
Lai lai wat is he looking 4
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by mrofficial(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
Mannylex:

he doesn't deserve to play 4 us, when those guy were called super chickens were was he?,now he want 2 come we don't want

They are still super-chickens!
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by kenerep: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
hmm, tHE DECISON to sign him should be left with the coach since he is the one that would be sacked if we fail iin the tournament and also to take the blame if he does not take good players along! but sincerely i don't think we should take him to the nations cup talk less of the world cup. To me he does not have any quality we do not presently have in the Eagles, he's just another slimer Yakubu Ayegbeni without goals before and after december in the premier league if you know what I mean. Where was he when we were struggling to qualify? Has he ever voiced his support to play for the Eagles?
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Gettolove(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
i dont know why ameobi will want to play now, when our boys were struggling for qualification, where was he,
let those that won the ticket play the raffle.
I dont even want a foriegn coach
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by illusion2: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
Joke of the day !!
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
kenerep:

hmm, tHE DECISON to sign him should be left with the coach since he is the one that would be sacked if we fail iin the tournament and also to take the blame if he does not take good players along! but sincerely i don't think we should take him to the nations cup talk less of the world cup. To me he does not have any quality we do not presently have in the Eagles, he's just another slimer Yakubu Ayegbeni without goals before and after december in the premier league if you know what I mean. Where was he when we were struggling to qualify? Has he ever voiced his support to play for the Eagles?

Is the Super Eagles a club?
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by saworoide: 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
God bless Nigeria. Where was Shola when all other players were labouring to secure the world cup ticket. Now that he realised he will never play for England, he wants to sound up Nigeria. I remember he was called up sometime ago and he shunned the country. More like what Fashanu did in hay days. In any case Ameobi can not even make our 1st eleven even if he bribes his way into being called up. Anichebe is currently struglling to make the team and I think he is a better player than Ameobi.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by ikennahill: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
the guy should go and play qualifers.
they should just forget the guy
england should take him
england dey go world cup too
on a good day the guy no fit take any shirt from any of our player
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by lalaboi(m): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
He should come to naija and 2000hrs community service . . .was shalanga and do all those sturvs!! Then i'll say yes!

YES MY FOOT!!

I remember the time they wer practically begging this mofo to play for his fatherland. . .he was waitn for the England call up. . .He should rot in the championships!! Worthless piece of doughnuts!
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by ikeyman00(m): 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2009
to be honest

we dnt need him

dnt understand all the noise
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by honeric01(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2009
I want coach Amodu to Denis Aogo. he's young and athletic not a garbage player called amoeba angry
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by fredoooooo: 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ameobi for what?i prefer this selfish striker(Emmanuel) from the under 17 to him.May be Amodu need some money or any of the technical crew want to collect some money from the guy,they will take some money from him invite him only for some friendly games and drop him for the world cup.if hes wise enough or have a very good adviser i suggest he just sit down at his Newcastle, people need money and ready to dupe even Nigeria now,
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by mikeoscar: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
No, He won't play for Nigeria now. Wetin be that. Monkey don work, now Baboon wan chop, shuo!!!!
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by fosbiggy(m): 12:01am On Nov 21, 2009
The Problem with alot of us is that we think we know when actually we know nothing.
in 1994 Efan Ekoku played both the Nations Cup and World Cup for Eagles when he did not play in the qualifiers. He was playing for Wimbledon as a Striker, but was used from the Midfield in the eagles squad. He performed well in those matches he was called to play in. After the Nation's Cup, Chidi Nwanu was brought in from Anderlecht in Belgium to man the Defence, even when we still had Stephen Keshi and Uche Okafor who played both the qualifiers and the Nation's Cup. We all knew what happened with Chidi Nwanu at that World Cup. We almost Forgot we had Keshi. Mike Emenalo was brought in from Belgium or so after his stinct in the USa, to deputise for Iroha , who virtually had no competition at all at the left back, and some how Emenalo played about three matches out of the for Nigeria played, with some degree of competence.Why i gave this brief historical background is for you to understand that in the business of selecting the best players for your National team, it goes beyond personal interest, rather it is for the collective gain of the country as a whole. We are not MORE NIGERIAN than SHOLA AMEOBI, If he wants to play for his country now, its all well and good, he should be given a fair chance just like the others, and if he deserves it , then he can go. We need the best and not this thing that some of u are saying.When we had a solid team in 1994, people were given the opportunity to try out, now that we dont have a good team, we dont want to try out other fresh ideas, .Ameobi please Come on Nigeria Beckons! come show us what you can do.Only the coach should decide whether you are good enough.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Borat1: 12:59am On Nov 21, 2009
The world cup is still a long way off
we could have massive injuries before then and have to fall back on 'rejects' grin
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by A40(m): 2:17am On Nov 21, 2009
E get plenty plenty things wey no suppose to happen for this life plenty plenty things plenty plenty nonsense. This thread should be moved to the joke section or featured on Saturday Night Live

Has Shola Ameoba not heard of that saying "eni ti o ra ankara o le je semo oo" has our standards fallen that badly? Come on he is not even a starter at a championship club like Newcastle he should stay in England and try to break in Capello's squad
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by yommys01(m): 4:25am On Nov 21, 2009
FOOL that is what HE IS. Why didn't he honour all the past invitations? We don't need strikers, we need defenders and solid midfielders so he can Bleep off.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by No2Atheism(m): 5:48am On Nov 21, 2009
Kanu almost Huh well he looks like he was present during the last supper
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Up nairaland . . . this is why nairaland is better than facebook . . . there are so many potential Basket Mouths in this place . . .
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by yousouph(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2009
Yea, so many baba Suwe and Mr Latin grin. Only if he's better than Yak and Obagoal, we can consider him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal To Face Dolphin FC At Liberation Stadium In The Summer / Photos: Reasons Why You Cant Hate Soccer / I Can't Keep Winning Alone...profit Every Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.