Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect (62775 Views)

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / How To Open A Bank Account In America With A Visiting Visa B1/b2 (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Kayode2ic: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
EagleEyes001:
I n my mom applied for a B1/B2 visa last week, bt we were denied a visa. BT d lady who attended to us was strict ooo. BT I still give God tanks.

i am very sorry about your denial, wish u better luck next time
share your experience, did u and your mom go in together for the interview??.... what were the questions asked and the answer given?
and did you know the reason for denial?
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Nudge: 7:24am On Mar 08, 2016
I intend starting a new business in Nigeria later in the year, and it's quite novel, so I need to get training in the USA. I'm already in touch with the USA company, and they are willing to send me a letter of invitation for the training. The training is scheduled for June.

The Company inviting is assisting to find a cheap hotel for me. The training is just one week, but the Company is willing to put 3 weeks on the letter so I can use the extra 2 weeks for vacation.

Because of the nature of the business , I need to buy some of the Company's product. I'll only pay after the training. The Company is willing to send me a quote.

I told the Company not to issue me the quote and invitation letter until I get my company registered, so that the invitation letter and the quote shows my company name.

I currently do my business as an independent tax consultant, and I can show my bank statements to prove that I earn regular income.

I presently do not have the funds to travel to the Us, pay for the training, pay for the product and some cash for my upkeep, but I should have all that by end of April, so I will wait till then before I apply.

I'm married with a son, and my wife is pregnant and due to deliver around August.

Based on all the above, do I have a good case to be granted a visa? How best can I present my documents to give me the best possible chance of obtaining the visa.

I have email correspondence and Skype chat between me and the Us Company's CEO. Will that increase my chances?

Waiting for nairalanders. Thanks in advance.
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by ejimadunelson: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pls nairalanders I need your advice cos I'm having my B1/B2 visa interview with the USA consul on the 22nd of June. My dad whose an American citizen invited me for a cultural festival in the US. Though my dad filed an immigrant petition for me some years ago but he revoked the petition best known to him,in the DS-160 form I was asked and I said the truth about my dad filing a petition for me but now he wants me to attend the cultural festival in the US. He is paying for my trip. What are my chances of getting a visa. What Questions should I be expecting on the interview ?
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by sjeff065: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
ejimadunelson:
Pls nairalanders I need your advice cos I'm having my B1/B2 visa interview with the USA consul on the 22nd of June. My dad whose an American citizen invited me for a cultural festival in the US. Though my dad filed an immigrant petition for me some years ago but he revoked the petition best known to him,in the DS-160 form I was asked and I said the truth about my dad filing a petition for me but now he wants me to attend the cultural festival in the US. He is paying for my trip. What are my chances of getting a visa. What Questions should I be expecting on the interview ?

Hi, how did the interview go, were you granted the visa?
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Epiphany111: 10:48am On Jul 09, 2016
Hello house I'm a new member heere, Plz i need tips about American visa interview i have appointment with this coming AUG 19th for B1 B2 visa I'm going for a conference and i have invitation from the conference, I realy what to know if there are likely question that I'm going to answer

1 Like

Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by royalkonsults(m): 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
i am paying next week,just been given approval for my leave 14th-27th Aug.2016. Can i still get date for interview before this date?
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Epiphany111: 6:22am On Jul 10, 2016
Yes u can still get a date there are peope who specialize on dat but u going to pay some money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by toyinajani(m): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2016
How ?
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Bosun90: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good afternoon house, please, i really want to know the exact and likely questions to be ask for B1/B2 Visa and what are the document to go along with to the embassy? please i need an urgent answers.
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by EagleEyes001(m): 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
Kayode2ic:

share your experience, did u and your mom go in together for the interview??.... what were the questions asked and the answer given?
the lady in the counter said we won't come back to Nigeria, I think that's her own reason to deny us the visa. lucky her I won't stop there
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by whyqueu(m): 12:01am On Nov 12, 2016
focus247:
Hey'all

Got my US visa without any hassles,

A few tips, The genuineness of ur purpose of travelling is what really matters, if you wan take am run,most likely you wont get it.
e
They'll ask you basic questions like

-Whether you've travelled before, which country you went, purpose?
- Ur mission in the US, who invited you blabla, the pessin wey invite you has to be a legit. resident, otherwise na trouble be dat , embarassed
- Just take all documents that u can use to back-up ur trip, like if you're going on vacation, a letter of reference from ur office stating that you're proceeding on vacation will be good (at least to show that u have a steady job in Naija and all that)
- Also, you have to be clear on where exactly you're heading, e.g Yoiu want to visit Orlando Florida for vacation, or Illinois Chicago to visit your uncle, no be just say u wan sha enter yankee.

-Confidence is key too, and you need to be able to demonstrate that you're quite close to whoever is inviting you, if not going on business, You can print e-mail corrrespondences, etc.

-They'll ask for ur bank statement too,

, just make sure u have definite answers, when u wan travel , how long, who's funding the trip, where u plan to visit, when u dey come back, etc.'

If u're a fresh graduate without a job,, hmmm, na red flag, except u're applying for student visa,

ANd make sure you get there quite early, maybe 6.45am will be good for a 7.00 apointment, there's no point sleeping for embassy gate oo. If God say you go get am, you go everyly get am

Hope this helps,

Hello famz, My Mum , Nephew and myself av an
appointment at the US Embassy Dec for B1/B2.
My mum is a nurse and my nephew and I just
finished our undergraduate studies .We have no
travelling experience and we have booked our
reservation for d 10 day visit . We are 6 in my
family including my dad but my siblings are
still in school (Not Going tho)!! My fear is that
won't they say we are graduate and with
economic situation of d country dat these guys
will run away? Please what are our Chances
Famz? Thanks
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by whyqueu(m): 12:03am On Nov 12, 2016
anselmvictor:
Me; Hi, Good morning
VO; What are you going to do in the US
Me; I’m going for a Health & Safety training
VO; What kind of training
Me; A newly appointed HSE Officer in my company’s US office needs me to put him through in HSE issues in the Hobark group
VO; Okay. What does your company do?
Me; We offer various services to the some Oil Companies
VO; Nodded and said okay with a smile. Have you travelled before (flips through my passport)
Me; No, I haven’t had any reason to
VO; But why does someone in Nigeria has to go train someone in the US (straight face*)
Me; Yes, because he is newly appointed and needs to understand the HSE system in the group however, he can always go for Basic HSE training in the US
VO; Nodded and smiles *** typing vigorously
Then Lastly,
VO; Are you married
Me; No

Hello famz, My Mum , Nephew and myself av an
appointment at the US Embassy Dec for B1/B2.
My mum is a nurse and my nephew and I just
finished our undergraduate studies .We have no
travelling experience and we have booked our
reservation for d 10 day visit . We are 6 in my
family including my dad but my siblings are
still in school (Not Going tho)!! My fear is that
won't they say we are graduate and with
economic situation of d country dat these guys
will run away? Please what are our Chances
Famz? Thanks
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by EagleEyes001(m): 11:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
Kayode2ic:

she(interviewer) asked for the reason why we want to travel the US, which the answer we gave her was that we both were invited by a close relative for holidays. she asked questions like how long r we to spend there, our occupations and lastly asked my mom of her income, and my mom replied her by saying as she own a secondary school, she pays herself. then Later the interviewer gave Us the pink or red coloured paper saying we wont return to Nigeria When We Get To US.
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by folarinstr: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Pls can someone tell me the maximum period I can hold the US visa fee receipt after paying at the bank before using it to book appointment, a guy said I can still hold it for 1year before it expires.....pls is that true?
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Araisokun: 8:34am On Jan 08, 2017
Hello everyone, I am planning on getting a US visit visa with my fiancee after our weeding next two month , I live in and work in Dubai since almost 4years and I av a 2 year Renewable UAE residence on my passport, I would b going on 70days vacation to Nigeria for my wedding and after my wedding we planning on visiting the US ,My wife to be also has travel experience. last two years she came to Dubai to visit me for 10days , and last month she came here for visit and for our wedding plans and for her Business ( to purchase her goods which she sells to retailers and consumers) and we are going to Nigeria in same day with same airline , pls everyone what's our chances and what type of visa is best for us and the documents necessary.. Thanks in advance for ur reply in advance
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by oluok123: 12:46am On Mar 07, 2017
gud day house.
I want to share with you what saw on my interview day. I had what the consular was asking the lady before me.the consular use questions to turn dis lady brain but she was so smart at the end consular ask her how am I sure that you will come back the lady said my wedding is coming up in two weeks time which I know that is a lie but she was granted all I noticed is dat , that consular was somehow happy on dat day
wen it get to my turn
I greeted him first
vo: passport pls
I:I pass it to over
vo:ur name
I answer
vo: who do u know in us
l:my ant I mention her name
vo: what did u do
I answer but he av interest in my field n he wanted to know more about my company which I xplain
vo: are u married
I : yes
vo: what does ur husband do
I answer
vo: do u av children
I: yes
vo: how many
I : one
but he didn't allow me to finish one question before asking another one
vo: what should I give u now ok come back on Monday to pick up your visa
all the interview is ip to 3mint

2 Likes

Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by dotcomnamename: 7:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dare14:
@ damola1

you have a very good chance of them giving you the visa,are you married and have kids? cos they might ask you and if you are then you are already in america.

The question they asked was just three,where do i work? which i told them and how much do i earn monthly and also where im i stayin ova there and he says come pick up your visa on friday.they saw at my form that i was married and i have 1 child.i am leaving for yankee later this month around sept 17th.

i wish you all luck

There is no question in the DS160 about if applicant have children or not.

1 Like

Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by ikemefunam: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
@ALL NEED ADVICE AND COUNSELLING.

I AM AN ACCOUNTANT,CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AND WORKED FOR OVER 5 YEARS FOR MY CURRENT COMPANY.PURSUING MBA PROGRAM IN FINANCE,SINGLE 34,WANTED TO PROCEED MY ANNUAL LEAVE BY OCTOBER IN THE US AND MY COMPANY IS WILLING TO SPONSOR ME.Have a sister(blood)a greencardholder and a citizen of the United state.

How will i present my information to get a visa?bringing in my sister will it improve my opportunity?what are the documents i needed from my employer? your swift reply will be greatly appreciated,please note i have a virgin passport.
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Wviper: 3:29am On Sep 06, 2017
Am glad to found this thread and I hope am going to get help and also have a testimony at last , am planning to visit us for my honeymoon I got married last month and me and my wife want to spend our honeymoon in us .my interview is this month anybody with tips or questions I need to prepare for . Thkz at all
Re: U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect by Daddyfaheez: 9:22am On Oct 31, 2017
Hi everyone! Got a b1/b2 US visa without annotation but due to some circumstances, I could not attend the conference. Though my visa still valid,can I still use the visa without facing any problem at the point of entry on the state?? Pls I need an advice....[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) / South African Man Who Smoked Malawian Indian Hemp Unclad At The Airport / My Ghana Experience 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.