Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From (1287 Views)

Architectural and Civil Engineers@ BME LIMITED / Be Wise, Build Wright, Engage Professional Builders / Pls Builders And Architects Your Attention Is Need Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL NAIRALANDERS, Hello every one I'm trying to make this a reality,i have a dicision to make,have got a qoute for 6 NOS OF 2 BDROOM FLATS. Location is Agbara.

plz take a good look at the floor plan and the qoute, and any advice,comment will do me good, is there anything missing in this qoute or is there anything that need to be remove?

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
qoute for foundation laying

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2017
BLOCK SETTING

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
LINTEL AND DECKING

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
]LINTEL AND DECKING COMPLETION

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
BLOCKING SETTING TO WINDOW LEVEL(FIRST FLOOR)

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
LINTEL PLUS 2 COACHES(FIRST FLOOR)

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
ROOFING USING ALUMINIUM LONG SPAN

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
PLASTING

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
ghetto101:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL NAIRALANDERS, Hello every one I'm trying to make this a reality,i have a dicision to make,have got a qoute for 6 NOS OF 2 BDROOM FLATS. Location is Agbara.

plz take a good look at the floor plan and the qoute, and any advice,comment will do me good, is there anything missing in this qoute or is there anything that need to be remove?

Nope opinion on the quote but I can't fault the floorplan (I can't read the measurements).

Good luck on your project.
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2017
There is no oversize concrete a.k.a German floor.
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by danemenike: 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
Vvv
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by danemenike: 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ggv
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
Thank you Egunmogaji

EgunMogaji:

Nope opinion on the quote but I can't fault the floorplan (I can't read the measurements).

Good luck on your project.
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by olumide4christ: 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
In my professional opinion as a Quantity Surveyor, most of the quotes you attached are generally low and unrealistic for the design of the building you posted. The only quote that seems realistic is the roofing quote.

Question is...who prepared this quote for you?? Is it a bricklayer, builder, architect or engineer? How did they arrive at this quote in terms of measurements?? You would notice that I didnt mention a Quantity Surveyor above as one of the people who could have prepared the quote. Why? This is because no trained QS will prepare a BOQ or quote like the one you have posted abov, even though the QS is the right person to do just that for you.

Just note that if you go ahead with this quote, they'll surely come back to you for more money/materials than what was quoted...MARK IT..They always do when a proper BOQ is not prepared. Example....N1.7 million for a strip and pad foundation for that size of building..even the foundation for my bungalow and BQ cost N2.1 million where I bought the materials and supervised it myself, not to talk of a building as you posted above.

ALL IN ALL..THE DECISION IS YOURS TO TAKE!! REMAIN BLESSED!

1 Like

Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by rotecch77(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Observation
1.No oversite concrete
2.plank for the decking is too small
3:No mechanical (plumbing) And electrical aspect from foundation to the finishing cacas stage.
There is no crime if builder gives building quote,its part of what they learned while in sch
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by PqsMike: 10:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
....@ OP ....are you sure this quotation is actually for the drawings attacheced? I can't seem to find any correlation between both.
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by olumide4christ: 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
PqsMike:
....@ OP ....are you sure this quotation is actually for the drawings attacheced? I can't seem to find any correlation between both.

Good question, fellow colleague...You always get such scenarios when the wrong people go about preparing such estimates, though you shouldn't be surprised now..for 1 year that I've been on this properties section, I have lost count of the number of such quotes I have seen here.

All the best in 2017!!
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by Badgers14: 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
ghetto101:

Got a question for you sir.

What is the size of your plot of land?
Re: Help From Professional Builders And Also Something Non Builders Could Learn From by ghetto101(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
60 BY120

Badgers14:

Got a question for you sir.

What is the size of your plot of land?

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Real Estate Investor With As Low As #2000.00 Monthly! / Massive Hotel For Sale In Asaba Delta State / A Room And Parlour Selfcon For Rent @ Iju Ishaga Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.