Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,680 members, 7,837,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

A Lesson In Success And Self-preservation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Lesson In Success And Self-preservation (329 Views)

Yasir Quadhi: Problems With The Preservation Of The Quran / Six (6) People That Must Die For You To Have Success And Break Through Part 3. / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lesson In Success And Self-preservation by SonofIssachar: 2:12am On Jan 02, 2017
Author Unknown

One day, a young soldier walked up to a much decorated senior officer in the army and asked him, "Sir, what is the secret of your success in the army? I want to be successful too.”

The officer looked at the young soldier steadily for about three minutes and gave him a threatening order. He gave the young soldier a cup full of water and told him to walk round the training field five times. He clearly told him that his life depended on it, and if a drop of water falls from the cup, another soldier would shoot him on the head. Four soldiers were strategically positioned to shoot him down once a drop of water fall from the cup.

Seeing how serious the whole thing turned out, he took the cup full of water and went out to complete his assignment. The young soldier carefully walked round the training field five times without letting a drop fall from the cup. At the completion of the task, he returned the full cup to the senior officer.

When the man saw his commitment to preserve his life by not allowing a drop of water out of the cup, he asked him the following questions:

‘Did you see those half naked girls dancing at the mammy market?”

The young soldier replied, “No.”

“Did you see those soldiers playing football in the field?”

“What about those fighting across the other side of the field?”

Then, the officer looked at him and said, “If you keep focus on your task, you will succeed and preserve your life also.”

At that point, the young soldier left happily.

Meditation: Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed. – Isaiah 50:7

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

I Support Calls For A Restructured Nigeria - Tunde Bakare / Should The Government Regulate The Church? Your Opinion Please.. / I Testify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.