Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! (8306 Views)

Odd World: The Snail Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 1:14am On Nov 26, 2009
A man who calls himself SAL9000 has married his virtual girlfriend with a public reception, MyFoxDFW.com reported.
The man reportedly fell in love with a virtual girl named Nene Anegasaki and plans to hold a public wedding reception in Tokyo.
Since the girl doesn't really exist, SAL9000 reportedly took his Nintendo DS to Guam for a legal ceremony and honeymoon, and will livecast the upcoming wedding reception online, MyFoxDFW.com reported.
SAL9000 met his "bride" on the video game Love Plus, which requires players to take out the virtual girl on dates, buy her gifts and make their girlfriends happy like they would in real life.
The player can increase their abilities by studying, working out and solving problems of their virtual girlfriend, but if they fail to make their girlfriend happy, the game will restart after 100 days.

http://scitech.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=17243&content=26669073
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 2:32am On Nov 28, 2009
A creepy string of calf mutilations in southern Colorado has a rancher and sheriff's officials mystified.
Four calves were found dead in a pasture just north of the New Mexico state line in recent weeks. The dead calves had their skins peeled back and organs cleared from the rib cage. One calf had its tongue removed.
But rancher Manuel Sanchez has found no signs of human attackers, such as footprints or ATV tracks, And there are no signs of an animal attack by a coyote or mountain lion. Usually predators leave pools of blood or drag marks from carrying away the livestock.
Two officers from the Costilla County Sheriff's Office have investigated the mutilations but say they don't know what's killing the calves.
"There's nothing really to go by," said Sanchez, who's ranched for nearly 50 years. "I can't figure it out."
A spokesman for the sheriff's office told The Pueblo Chieftain that investigators doubt a person butchered the calves because there is no blood at the scene.
"I've butchered a cow before and I know what kind of a mess it leaves," Sgt. James Chavez said.
Some in the area believe the mutilations are the work of aliens. An area UFO chaser, Chuck Zukowski of Colorado Springs, has been to the Costilla County pasture to investigate.
He told the paper there have been other unexplained calf mutilations in the area, including three in March. One of the other calves, found dead on a ranch near Trinidad, had its ears removed, Zukowski said.
"We're trying as much as we can to find a pattern," said Zukowski, who runs a UFO Web site called ufonut.com.
Sanchez said he has sold off his 32 remaining calves out of fear more would be mutilated. He hasn't decided how he'll manage the remaining 40 animals in his herd.
"It's a big loss for a small rancher," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091126/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_mysterious_calf_mutilations
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 2:37am On Nov 28, 2009
Authorities say a man in Colorado apparently tried to steal an ATM by hauling it away with a truck.
The plan didn't work. The alleged attempted theft of the free-standing, outdoor ATM in Boulder set off an alarm early Wednesday morning. When police arrived they found the ATM on its side about 15 feet from its foundation outside a Chase Bank. No money had been taken.
Surveillance photos show a man hooking the ATM's chain to the back of a U-Haul truck. The truck, which had been reported as stolen, was discovered a short distance away later that day.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091127/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_atm_u_haul_2
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 2:41am On Nov 28, 2009
A Massachusetts woman who recently separated from her husband and had her hours cut at work says an image of Jesus Christ she sees on her iron has reassured her that "life is going to be good."
Mary Jo Coady first noticed the image Sunday when she walked into her daughter's room.
The brownish residue on the bottom of the iron looks like the face of a man with long hair.
The 44-year-old Coady was raised Catholic. She and her two college-age daughters agree that the image looks like Jesus and is proof that "he's listening."
Coady tells The Eagle-Tribune she hopes her story will inspire others during the holidays. She says she plans to keep the iron in a closet and buy a new one.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091127/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_iron_jesus_1
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by maedan(f): 3:31am On Nov 28, 2009
Lol at the "virtual girlfriend" story. All these reports could actually be real, considering the state of the world today grin.
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2009
Lots of scary things are happening worldwide, itz good to think outside the box cos any thing is possible! Even aliens.
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2009
Work on deciphering a complex set of symbols sent to them is underway, scientists from the country's Space Research Institute said.
They claim aliens are currently answering 30 questions posed to them.
Lachezar Filipov, deputy director of the Space Research Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, confirmed the research.
He said the centre's researchers were analysing 150 crop circles from around the world, which they believe answer the questions.
"Aliens are currently all around us, and are watching us all the time," Mr Filipov told Bulgarian media.
"They are not hostile towards us, rather, they want to help us but we have not grown enough in order to establish direct contact with them."
Mr Filipov said that even the seat of the Catholic church, the Vatican, had agreed that aliens existed.
He said humans were not going to be able to establish contact with the extraterrestrials through radio waves but through the power of thought.
"The human race was certainly going to have direct contact with the aliens in the next 10 to 15 years," he said.
"Extraterrestrials are critical of the people's amoral behavior referring to the humans' interference in nature's processes."
The publication of the BAS researchers report concerning communicating with aliens comes in the midst of a controversy over the role, feasibility, and reform of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Last week it lead to a heated debate between Bulgaria's Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, and President Georgi Parvanov.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/bulgaria/6650677/Aliens-already-exist-on-earth-Bulgarian-scientists-claim.html
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 2:59am On Dec 01, 2009
A man will spend the rest of his life in prison after he was found guilty in what prosecutors said was a case of scaring a 79-year-old North Carolina grandmother to death.
Multiple media outlets reported a federal jury found 21-year-old Larry Whitfield not guilty of murder Friday in the death of Mary Parnell last year. But they did find him guilty of causing her death by kidnapping her, and that carries an automatic life sentence.
Prosecutors say Whitfield was looking for somewhere to hide after a failed bank robbery attempt in Gastonia in September 2008 when he broke into Parnell's home.

Authorities say Whitfield never touched the grandmother, but she suffered a heart attack when she saw him, and he didn't call for help.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34082080/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:05am On Dec 01, 2009
Winston Churchill once predicted that it would be possible to grow chicken breasts and wings more efficiently without having to keep an actual chicken. And in fact scientists have since figured out how to grow tiny nuggets of lab meat and say it will one day be possible to produce steaks in vats, sans any livestock.
Pork chops or burgers cultivated in labs could eliminate contamination problems that regularly generate headlines these days, as well as address environmental concerns that come with industrial livestock farms.
However, such research opens up strange and perhaps even disturbing possibilities once considered only the realm of science fiction. After all, who knows what kind of meat people might want to grow to eat?

Full story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34042394/ns/technology_and_science-innovation/
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:14am On Dec 01, 2009
After 10months in office, President Barack Obama granted his first pardon Wednesday to "Courage," a 45-pound turkey spared from the Thanksgiving table.
Accompanied by daughters Sasha and Malia, Obama stood under the North Portico of the White House to honor a holiday tradition that dates to 1947 -receiving a bird from the National Turkey Federation.
"I'm told Presidents Eisenhower and Johnson actually ate their turkeys," Obama said. "You can't fault them for that; that's a good-looking bird."
President George H.W. Bush was the first to officially pardon a turkey.
Obama joked about wanting to forgo the tradition and eat "Courage."
"Thanks to the interventions of Malia and Sasha - because I was planning to eat this sucker -'Courage' will also be spared this terrible and delicious fate," he said.

After his remarks, the turkey was lifted to a table and Obama raised his hand over its head to deliver a mock-serious pardon.
"You are hereby pardoned," he said.
Obama said "Courage" will get to spend the rest of his life in "peace and tranquility" at Disneyland.
http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2009/11/25/3544490-obamas-first-pardon-a-turkey-named-courage
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:17am On Dec 01, 2009
A Chicago man has been charged with assault and property damage for smashing TVs and cameras inside a Winona, Minnesota Target store on Saturday while saying "hammer" repeatedly in a monotone voice.
Jerome Charles Eberle, 39, is charged with first-degree property damage, disorderly conduct, two counts of assault of a police officer and obstruction of justice.

http://tr966.newsvine.com/_news/2009/11/30/3567426-hammer-hammer-says-target-tv-smasher
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by maedan(f): 3:19am On Dec 01, 2009
These foolish Americans and their traditions tongue. How can they guarantee that the turkey will spend the rest of its life in "peace and tranquility"?? For petez sake!!
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:22am On Dec 01, 2009
Itz all part of obamania!
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:24am On Dec 01, 2009
Female soldiers in the Swedish army have renewed their calls for fireproof undies after 30 years of waiting.
Despite being part of the country's armed forces for several decades, female soldiers in Sweden have been cross-dressing in men's protective underwear lest they expose their flammable civilian panties and bras.
The female soldiers had previously been assured by the military that their wait for flame resistant delicates would be over by spring this year-but as yet, no fireproof finery has been forthcoming
http://cartooncat.newsvine.com/_news/2009/11/30/3566619-female-soldiers-plead-for-fireproof-panties
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:26am On Dec 01, 2009
A HUNGRY snake found his latest meal hard to swallow - when it tried to eat its own tail.
The greedy 3ft creature mistook his rear end for a tasty dish and started to gobble it up.
The panic-stricken king snake quickly realised its mistake but was unable to regurgitate his tail because his backward-facing teeth had taken hold.

http://cartooncat.newsvine.com/_news/2009/11/30/3566308-hungry-snake-chases-tail-
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by maedan(f): 3:37am On Dec 01, 2009
HHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHAAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAA!!!

Stupid snake!!!
Hey donjon, if these stories are fake huhn angry angry grin. I hope they really happened, makes it even more fun!
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:39am On Dec 01, 2009
Friar Miroslav Bustruc told believers in a church in the southern village of St. Martin close to Zadar that there was a mass plan to destroy mankind.
"Part of that plan includes using illnesses. The swine-flu vaccine contains a micro chip, and they want to control us with it", the preacher said during Mass, news website Index has reported.
http://cartooncat.newsvine.com/_news/2009/11/14/3502369-priest-says-swine-flu-vaccine-contains-micro-chips
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by maedan(f): 1:09am On Dec 02, 2009
Hey donjon, I'm having to eat my words now (you'll understand the pun later grin tongue). Guess what I saw in the paper yesterday

"The Snake That Ate Itself"

"It must have seemed like the perfect opportunity for Reggie the hungry King snake.
When confronted by a free lunch, it was natural for him to want a bite. But the greedy reptile was literally chasing his own tail.
Reggie's owner found him with a mouthful of himself, and headed straight for the vets. Little did he know that Reggie was close to digesting himself.
Removing his tail required patience and skill because the snake's teeth face inwards.
"Its teeth were acting like a ratchet," said vet Bob Reynolds, from Faygate, West Sussex.
"If a snake like this one is kept in a space that is too small then there is always a temptation for it to lunge at its own tail. They can't spread themselves out and think their tails are another snake."
Reggie was close to being put down because his tail was nearly in his stomach, where it would have begun being digested shocked shocked. King snakes are native to California and feed on rattlesnakes and lizards. And, it seems, themselves tongue cheesy."

Woah. It was gross reading that on the bus today. But anyway, now I believe you wink.
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2009
@meadan,

we live in a very crazy world of animals & humans !

Anything can happen!
Take care.
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by Amya(f): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
70 yr old man holding up 4 banks? , now. That's really odd!
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
Yeah! America is the land of the free
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by skipo87(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2009
grin i bet u must be a very odd person
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2009
Make sure you bet quality money!
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by blapo(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Poster, what do you do for a living?
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 8:23am On Dec 17, 2009
What do i do for a living?

I dont think you wanna know!

If i tell you, i'ld have to kill you
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 1:14am On Jan 25, 2010
Am back!
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by maedan(f): 1:24am On Jan 25, 2010
Lol. So what do you do?? Espionage?? Rotfmao
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2010
Sort of,

happy new year! Meadan
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by maedan(f): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
What d'you mean, "sort of"? Lol. Happy 2010 to you too grin.
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2010
I fight terrorists & psychopaths in my dreams!

I even killed a vampire once!

So now dat you know what i do, i'll have to kill you.,.,
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by maedan(f): 12:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
Rotf!!!!

Pathetic!! Is that all?? Lol. Thought you were some MEND freedom fighter or something. At least. Lol.
Re: Your Daily Dose Of Odd News! by donjon: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2010
MEND?

you wan kill me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Person Between Don Jazzy And R.kelly? / Post Your Most Hilarious Pictures Here / Diamond Bank Presents Basketmouth & D’african Kings Of Comedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.