Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride (31666 Views)

Police Foil Robbery Attack At Zenith Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / How My Master Deflowered Me In His Wife’s Presence —pregnant 14-yr-old Gir (pic) / Ugandan Police Officer Kills Wife, Commits Suicide For Being HIV Positive (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by 247frolic(m): 6:41am On Jan 03, 2017
Police in in Uganda recently stopped a wedding involving a supposed 15-year-old girl. According to local media reports, the officers stormed a wedding ceremony and foiled the marriage of the teen to a 22-year-old man.

The girl who's a secondary school dropout, is currently four months pregnant. Her parents Abdu Kalimu Ngobi (pictured left) and Faridah Kagoya are said to have agreed to marry off their daughter to the man, Talyaka Swaliki (pictured right) after getting Shs 200, 000 and a goat as bride price. Eyewitnesses claim that the Police arrived after the traditional wedding ceremony was over. The groom was expected to take the bride home but police stormed the place just as they were about to leave. Relatives and guests reportedly scampered for safety to avoid being arrested.

Interestingly, the bride denied she was underage and claimed to be 18-year-old. She also accused police at the station for disrupting her wedding, saying; “I am not young and I don’t know why police disrupted our function. I love my husband and. I asked my parents’ permission to get married.”

The girl’s parents also insisted that the daughter was 18 years and had accepted to marry her off at her own request. “She dropped out of school and told us that she wanted to get married to the man who was responsible for her pregnancy and as a Muslim, I had no objection,” her father, Mr Ngobi said.

The groom also said he had been in relationship with the supposed underage girl for two years.

“Her parents asked for a bride price of Shs 200,000, a goat and two gomesi which I paid. They didn’t tell me that she was young,” said the groom.

Although a group of residents later stormed the Police Station demanding for the suspects to be released, the Police have confirmed that the parents are to be charged with marrying off an underage girl while the groom is to be charged with defilement.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/photos-ugandan-police-foil-wedding-of_3.html

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by GoggleB(m): 6:43am On Jan 03, 2017
Nothing we no go see for Africa.
I remembered 2014.
Jonathan would have been accused of this case that happened in Uganda.

4 Likes

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Atiku2019: 6:43am On Jan 03, 2017
cry
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by dingbang(m): 6:45am On Jan 03, 2017
Comedy
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Corrinthians(m): 6:46am On Jan 03, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Chanchit: 6:50am On Jan 03, 2017
the parents have no fault in this. The girl is pregnant already so marrying her off is the best option since someone has claimed responsibility for it but the guy on the other hand should just calm down for jail till the girl clock 18 before they continue the happily ever after.

6 Likes

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by doctimonyeka(m): 6:52am On Jan 03, 2017
This is sheer poverty....

Africans shaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 03, 2017
She also accused police at the station for disrupting her wedding, saying; “I am not young and I don’t know why police disrupted our function. I love my husband and. I asked my parents’ permission to get married.”
they should leave them alone jor, the girl is not complaining grin

7 Likes

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Fourwinds: 7:23am On Jan 03, 2017
dat guy na e be 22 years. no ooo

d guy don nack 30 to 35 years
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by benedictnsi(m): 7:24am On Jan 03, 2017
She also accused police at the station for disrupting her wedding, saying; “I am not young and I don’t know why police disrupted our function. I love my husband and. I asked my parents’ permission to get married.”

Lol..... Somebody should tell that kid to shut up grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by kinggogo: 8:07am On Jan 03, 2017
C how d guy worwor undecided grin
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2017
lol
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2017
kp
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by ALAYORMII: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2017
14yrs

When 9years dey wed for here
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by IMASTEX: 11:48am On Jan 03, 2017
She still a kid. . .Hmm
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Waskolo(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2017
Old news

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2017
Shey nah because the guy is not rich abi?
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Emeks008(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2017
I can't laff oo.. Na dis man una dey call 22 years? Dis 37+ years man u guys dey call 22. Dia is God ooo

4 Likes

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Topisko: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2017
Poverty.......
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Leoswaggs(m): 11:50am On Jan 03, 2017
d gal don already cari belle na...make dem leave dem ooo cos guys of nowadays like tear rubber gals...d tym make we dey manage London use gals don folo 2k16 go.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by keypad1: 11:51am On Jan 03, 2017
She has tasted preek and has seen that she loves every about fvcking with her toto.

Police make una leave am ooo

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by princedmiayer(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2017
meanwhile mature minds go with this first.

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by keypad1: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2017
She has tasted preek and has seen that she loves every about fvcking with her toto.

Police make una leave am ooo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by teozey111(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2017
wetin big cassava dey cause........ kwanfinu
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by harrysterol(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2017
Make una free the gal jor

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by ojmetrix(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2017
good

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Waskolo(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2017
ok

Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by DozieInc(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Teneke007(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]make una allow person to Bleep abeg..
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by Mightyraw(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2017
Corrinthians:
undecided
U always fail
Re: Ugandan Police Foil The Wedding Of A Pregnant 14-Year-Old Bride by keypad1: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2017
Iyangbali how far..... I dey for room now.....come make we do that thing. I miss ur thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Star Alexzy Markson: "I'm A Bitcoin Trader & Not A Yahoo Boy" / Ayittey Powers Fights Baba Spirit On Live TV (Video, Photo) / Ogun College Of Health Staff Arrested For Raping Student (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.