Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,372 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) (34419 Views)

Esabienle Kingsley And Wife, Gertrude Arrested With Cocaine In Italy (Photos) / Man Arrested By NDLEA While Sleeping Near Indian Hemp Farm In Edo. Photo / Dangote Truck Carrying Marijuana In Edo Busted By NDLEA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2017
Officers of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), over the weekend, arrested a man attempting to smuggle cocaine valued at £3.8million into the country. The suspect, 34-year old Enugu State indigene, Okolo Emenike Kingsley, was arrested at the at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja.

In a statement signed by Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, spokesman to the anti-narcotics agency, the NDLEA said that the illiicit drug, which was discovered stuffed in shoe soles, weighed 9.150kilogrammes. The discovery, explained the agency, was made in a shipment of shoes during inward screening of passengers on a Turkish Airlines flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil. The statement added that the drug was industrially concealed in the soles of new foot wears and that the seizure was the last arrest of the year at the NAIA, Abuja.

NDLEA Commander at NAIA, Mr. Hamisu Lawan, said: "There was an arrest at the weekend of a 34-year old suspect, Okolo Emenike Kingsley, who hails from Ezeagu, Enugu State. The motorcyle parts dealer said that he was offered the sum of N1 million to smuggle the drug to Nigeria. Investigation is ongoing, and the suspect is cooperating with our team of undercover officers.” The suspect, who is married and has a child, said he was forced into becoming a mule because motorcycle parts business has been hit by recession. The failure of his business, he added, made him travel to in search of job opportunity to Brazil, where his financial difficulties continued.

“I was confronted with the fear of deportation. This made me to be desperate in my search for quick wealth. In the process, I met my childhood friend who offered me N1 million to traffic cocaine to Nigeria.

“He also paid for my ticket and gave me three bags of shoes containing the cocaine. On arrival at the Abuja Airport, the cocaine was detected and I was arrested. I had wanted to invest the N 1 million in business in Nigeria,” he said.

Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA Chief Executive, Colonel Mohammad Mustapha Abdallah (retd.), said the seizure is an indication of the enhanced capacity of the agency's officers. “The seizure is a validation of enhanced capacity of officers due to series of training programmes carried out by the agency. The training covering investigation, raid operations as well as prosecution was conducted with the assistance of the United States government, European Union (EU) and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

“This is just a tip of the iceberg because as the benefits of these training begin to manifest, more drugs shall be detected, and cartels dislodged in the days ahead.”

Colonel Abdallah added that the NDLEA is determined to make the business unattractive to drug cartels by denying them the huge profits that serve as motivation. He called on all stakeholders to join inthe anti-narcotic campaign in the new year, adding that drug proceeds could be used to fund terrorism and bribe government officials, thereby stifling economic and social development.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/01/03/ndlea-arrests-34-year-old-man-wit-h%C2%A338m-cocaine-stuffed-shoe-soles

3 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2017
Na Dem Dem lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

174 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by ademoladeji(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2017
The suspect, 34-year old Enugu State indigene, Okolo Emenike Kingsley, was arrested at the at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja....

Drugs and ********* be like /------\

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by bigsmoke2(m): 11:51am On Jan 03, 2017
I came here to check names grin

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2017
flatheaded ugandan.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2017
ademoladeji:
The suspect, 34-year old Enugu State indigene, Okolo Emenike Kingsley, was arrested at the at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja....

iffa tif your phone naw eeeeeh

9 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by zico530(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
Na wa! Guys have learnt new methods of commiting crime in this recession. Who are we to blame?
Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
Carrying drugs better than carrying human skulls, suicide bombing, rituals or rape

Any time * any day

57 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Movic1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
certified OSU- NDI.
NA Dem dem D we deveRop Ragos Crew cheesy

The we built Lekki-ikoyi link bridge crew cheesy

The we own 99.9% properties in Ragos

Dz guy is the one opening dz 2017 with drug related news on NL sha Abi ?

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Na Dem Dem lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
hmm
Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
Oops!

1 Like

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by rusher14: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
The guy should face the camera now. grin

A proper investigation might show how much money he's already made from the trade.

He doesn't look like one who's been pummelled by recession.

Although him chest bia bia no be here. grin

12 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Inkman(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
ademoladeji:

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Inkman(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
ademoladeji:

Dazzal

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
angry Dem use drug trafficking curse these people Assuming this mudaforker succeeded in carrying it next thing is to build mansion in the east and start oppressing hard working people that earns peanuts. He looks like a hardened criminal and i suggest such traffickers should be fed to starved lions

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by ip2121918021(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
These guys won't stop grin

43 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
zico530:
Na wa! Guys have learnt new methods of commiting crime in this recession. Who are we to blame?
Try Buhari
Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Movic1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
OoniOfIfe:
Carrying drugs better than carrying human skulls, suicide bombing, rituals or rape

Any time * any day

terrorists do use drugs before suicide attacks.

Ritualist also use drugs before that wicked act. Same goes to robbers and rapist

And na all these Na em Una take carry awards.

Drugs is the Root of all evil

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Elnino4ladies: 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
Not disappointed at all

Na hard working Jew

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by victorvezx(m): 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
Na Dem Again oh oooooo

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by ademoladeji(m): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
iffa tif your phone naw eeeeeh

Issokay flattie..... ~ grin ~

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by frankloloko: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
See him big face . Yoruba man !!
Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
Some people can't help but be tribalistic on posts like this.

2 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by 4reigningqueen: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
I don't think that's his real name. He looks like somebody from the west.

***dodges stones and bottles. runs out of thread***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by wellmax(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
Oga sir, I'm surprised you are disappointed?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by pembisco(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
Na them

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Pavore9: 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
Another one! angry

13 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by TIDDOLL(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
Make I no just Talk lipsrsealed

Warris the name gan self undecided..

8 Likes

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ok

Re: Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) by Icon4s(m): 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
34 years na him you look old like this?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Knocked Down While Escaping With Woman’s Foodstuffs In FCT / Man Dragged To Police Station After Doing An Unusual Thing In Delta. Photos / Body Of Unidentified Woman Found Dumped By The Roadside In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.