Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Uk Visitors Visa Refusal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visitors Visa Refusal (8147 Views)

Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by kings227: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2009
i just got my refusal letter for a uk visitors visa stating:
You propose to travel to the uk for a period of three weeks as visitor.You have said that you will personally pay for your visit and that you have 4,500 000 (2291) available.You have said that you are employed as a part time office assiatant and your income is 330 000(160p) per month and that you receive a Korean Government grant of 800 000(407p) per month scholarship.You have not shown that it is realistic that you would spend funds given to you to study on a holiday from Korea to the UK.This cast doult on your claimed intensions and i am not satisfied that you are genuiely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor.

However,my available fund is my personal savings and not funds meant for my studies.i receive full tuition waiver and monthly living allowance as scholarship.

What should i do.Your opinion please
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by Parohfrey(f): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2009
stay in school.

1 Like

Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
kings227:

You propose to travel to the uk for a period of three weeks as visitor.You have said that you will personally pay for your visit and that you have 4,500 000 (2291) available.You have said that you are employed as a part time office assiatant and your income is 330 000(160p) per month and that you receive a Korean Government grant of 800 000(407p) per month scholarship.You have not shown that it is realistic that you would spend funds given to you to study on a holiday from Korea to the UK.This cast doult on your claimed intensions and i am not satisfied that you are genuiely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor.

However,my available fund is my personal savings and not funds meant for my studies.i receive full tuition waiver and monthly living allowance as scholarship.

I think this is where your problems lies.
If i'm correct, the embassy would like to see a fully functional account. . . . . . not a savings account.
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by angeldiana(f): 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
Kings,
I'm sorry about your visa refusal, do not despair, that does not mean you can't try again.
consistency is a key, however new evidence has to rise to convince the visa officer that
you intend to stud/ visit ( I am not sure why you used both terms in your message).

I recommend that you re-apply, and do not chance your story, because everything is documented.
short visa visits are tricky, it exposes your whole background, and from what you say, the background
is messed up and your financial documents is a big red flag.

Dont' take it personally, you have a common issue of mis-representing your case.
From my experience, money for the stay, and other documents does not guarantee you
the visa, it is merely an "obligatory conditions" or controls.

it takes up to six months to build a good visitor visa case, for someone with the same circumstances as yours.
so you have to start from the beginning.

Diana
Admin

----------------------------
looking for ecnomic relief and social support
find a job out of your country to make your life
better, NO sponsor required. International living
Facebook Group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2374329103
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2009
kings227:

You propose to travel to the uk for a period of three weeks as visitor.You have said that you will personally pay for your visit and that you have 4,500 000 (2291) available.You have said that you are employed as a part time office assiatant and your income is 330 000(160p) per month and that you receive a Korean Government grant of 800 000(407p) per month scholarship.[b]You have not shown that it is realistic that you would spend funds given to you to study on a holiday from Korea to the UK.[/b]This cast doult on your claimed intensions and i am not satisfied that you are genuiely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor.

I believe this is pretty straightforward as they do not believe that you can genuinely afford the trip if you earn 567 (pounds I believe) working part-time and the trip would cost around 2291. . .that is close to 4 months salary, their opinion is that the funds available to you are for your use while studying in Korea and not for vacationing in the UK, If indeed the funds are yours, question marks have been drawn about either the source or more likelly about if you indeed have access to such an amount of money being a student.
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by kings227: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2009
thank you for your post.what do you think could be the possible outcome if i apply again with a sponsor in the uk.
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by angeldiana(f): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2009
could be the possible outcome if i apply again with a sponsor in the uk

you will be rejected again.
it is not a bout sponsorship here, you are on a visitor visa,
if you have enough money in your account , you should be fine ( depending on how many days you want to stay)

you are offering too much information and not presenting information on the things that really matters ( because you dont know)

like I said, I would need to see a copy of your visa application to give you more advice on the gaps.

Diana
Admin

Diana
Admin

----------------------------
Facebook Group

Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by kings227: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2009
@Diana, hey could you please send me your contacts.mine,kingsluv227@yahoo.com, or here.so i can send you a copy.Many thanks
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by angeldiana(f): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2009
@king, please click on the Facebook link, and click on my name under officers,
you will be able to send me a message with a scan of your visa application.

Diana

---------------------------
Facebook Group

Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by kings227: 9:30am On Nov 24, 2009
@Diana, Hello i sent the copy of the application to you.
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by angeldiana(f): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
2king, sorry did not get nay copy yet.
try my fax number: 001-631-716-6631
or email: angel.diana_lb@hotmail.com
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by kings227: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Diana, Very sorry about that.will send through email right away.please check
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by angeldiana(f): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2009
@king,

King,
I reviewed the application, and there are lots of red flags,
the two major red flags are: inconsistency and lack of credibility

I do not recommend that you appeal on the basis related to your financial resources.
this is merely the embassy way to tell you that your application lacks credibility and consistency

Also visiting friends in your case is a very big flag
it was better if you said for example that you are going to spend holidays ( why till jan 12?)
you lack credentials and travel references.

you have other options like why not join a student group at your university to travel to U.K?
or buy a holiday tour?

too much information was in that application, frankly it was a headache the embassy to even look at it

so don't take it personally, next time try to represent in a better way.

Diana
Admin

International living Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2374329103
Immigrate to Canada for only 29$ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=195163095820
Join my study abroad Facebook group:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2389109852
Become a fan of my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aims-Global-Network/139724501269
Reve For Cross Atlantic Mature Introductions: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=156614868492
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by kings227: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
Thanks for the mail.
Could you possibly tell me where to amend in the application.am thinking of re applying?

Also I stated taking a holiday for 3 weeks(22 - 12Jan) in the application and not visiting friends.

The wrtings in ink on the application are not part of the application i submitted.

do you know any holiday tour available?

Thank you.hope to hear from you.
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by xto4: 8:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Hello nairaland,was refused a uk visiting visa,reason because I did not include my personal bank statement,only payslips.my salary is been pay by hand so I don't always do transaction in my bank every month.I intend to reapply,what should I do.kindly advise pls.
Re: Uk Visitors Visa Refusal by justwise(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2013

(1)

First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption / The Most Easiest Visa Country In The World / Talk About Fiji Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.