Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? (43052 Views)

The Truth About Yahoo Boys Using The Panties Of Ladies For Rituals / 2 Yahoo Plus Boys Fight For Allowing Girlfriend To Sit On Juju Car Front Seat / ‘girls Run Mad After We Used Them For Yahoo Plus’ (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 04, 2017
When you enter a city, and you need someone who knows everything, find yourself cab driver. Uber drivers are no different.

Imagine this. You're an Uber driver, and you receive a pickup request. The name reads "Jung Shin", and you're thinking, oh an Asian passenger. You wonder what he or she will talk about.

You reach the pickup location and a twenty-something-year-old black dude jumps in the backseat of your car.

The only explanation in your head is that Lagos Sun has darkened his Asian skin, and somehow, given him Yoruba accent.

Conversations with drivers are always interesting if you're in the mood. One day, they are telling you which celebrities joined the Uber business with 52 cars. Another day, they are telling you how much they make weekly and how they'll never go back to their desk jobs.

Sometimes, they tell you about how passengers are disrespectful. That's how I and my driver start off.
"You know you're the boss," he says less than five minutes into the trip.

"Aren't you a boss too?" I ask. He drives a really nice car, and I don't even have one. "But I'm the one who gets to drive you around," he says. Typical Nigerian washing formula.

"I don't think it's about who's boss," I reply, "I think it's about mutual respect between two of us. I pay you money. You take me where I want to go."
He takes a moment before he says, "you're the first passenger to ever tell me this".
Uber Tip: If you're in the mood for fresh gist, respect your driver. He has so much he'd gladly tell you for that 5-star rating. If you've never used Uber before, you get to rate the quality of service after a trip. They get to rate you too.

Somehow, we end up talking about "Yahoo Boys" and Uber.
"The way they enter Uber, you'll know it's not their money," he says. "But what if it actually their money," I try to counter.

"No o," he responds. "It's mostly from Ikorodu you pick them. They'll request for Uber, tell you to take them to V/I, then say they forgot something, and that they need you to take them back. Even Island people don't use Uber like that."

He didn't stop there. He went on to talk about how they'd literally send you halfway through Lagos to go pick up someone. On a reading metre. That's basically paying for an empty cab to move around.

"The other day, someone sent me to go and pick his girlfriend after I had just dropped him off. All on a reading metre."

That's not the most shocking part.
"Those boys always make offers," he continues, "they'll tell you to pick them up and just let the metre read."

Here's the business side of it.
"You won't actually pick them up. All you have to do is accept their ride on the app, then just drive around with a reading metre. End trip. When Uber credits the driver's account they then send them their cut".
I don't bother to ask him if he's done it before.
I ask him how they do it. "It's the foreign credit cards. The people who own the cards abroad might not even notice."

Yahoo Boys have a reputation for their online scams. Part of that reputation includes stealing credit card details, and Uber is just perfect for that card part.

He explains further.
"Look at our rubbish naira. With our current exchange rate, if you enter cab for 3,000 naira, that is less than $10. The people whose cards they're using abroad might not even notice because the money is so small"
We talk about Uber and how they investigate rides that are over 20,000 naira, and random stuff.

By the time he's done, we have reached my destination.
"Thanks boss," he says as I step out. "Don't forget to give me 5-star rating."
You bet I did.

http://pulse.ng/gist/credit-card-fraud-yahoo-yahoo-yahoo-plus-but-have-you-heard-about-yahoo-uber-id5697181.html

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 04, 2017
grin

Nice story cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by davide470(m): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2017
I was expecting this.

Naija, always representing! sad

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by SexyNairalander: 8:16am On Jan 04, 2017
booked
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by atirolu(m): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2017
Sorry can somebody summarise for me ?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by ajalawole(m): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2017
MMM plus coming soon self cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Adesam09(m): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2017
okay Oo..
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Opeedo(m): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2017
Using stolen card for Uber drive? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by cogbuagu: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2017
Tell me more
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by okedoyinolabisi(f): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2017
very funny
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by bignero: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2017
naija home of the evil genius

13 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Rebsani: 8:20am On Jan 04, 2017
Yahoo Uber Bawo??

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Dentux(m): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2017
Uber isoke cool
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2017
If this is true.... I duff my cap in respect.
However, it is abysmal

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by rabex123(m): 8:22am On Jan 04, 2017
Nigerian will always look for ways to manipulate everything.
Nice piece though. Never used uber before sha

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by 2shur: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2017
abegi.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by mrjojo: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2017
Nigeria Sha, the credit-card feature will soon be limited in Nigeria, quote me.

12 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by eph12(m): 8:22am On Jan 04, 2017
These our Nigerian guys sef. Things they do that will later affect us or speak badly of us

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by braining01: 8:24am On Jan 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....Good one there.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by jazinogold(m): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2017
grin

Shey person fit use uber cars do about to wed? or just wedded?

weytin b d price of Uber from ikorodu to Eko hotel?

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by WHOcarex: 8:25am On Jan 04, 2017
Ayam not understanding undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Boyooosa(m): 8:26am On Jan 04, 2017
UHN UHM
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2017
lol
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2017
shocked
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Masquerade7: 8:27am On Jan 04, 2017
Ayam not understanding
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Bisjosh(f): 8:28am On Jan 04, 2017
Waris dis?

Farts loud on thread angry grin
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by djakinwande(m): 8:28am On Jan 04, 2017
Too many talent in dis country but no proper orientation cry

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Boy Rapes Elder Brother’s Wife, 9 Others In Ondo / We Killed Him After Receiving N700K Ransom, Suspected Kidnappers Confess [VIDEO] / Alexzy Markson: "Yahoo Yahoo Saved My Life, SARS Should Stop Disturbing Us"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.