Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) (805 Views)

Neymar Signs Five-year Football Contract With Barcelona! / Rooney Signs Five-year Deal! / Wayne Rooney Signs Five-year Manchester United Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by Christino(m): 12:44am On Jan 12, 2007
As expected, Beckham leaves for the MLS this summer, so what next?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=399471&cc=3888

that's about 500,000 pounds a week, obviously the best contract in soccer history.

I dey go play football, anyone want to buy me?  grin Just a week's wages and i'm resigning  shocked
Re: Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by Imani(f): 2:09am On Jan 12, 2007
The brand name David Becham is a real money making machine/merchandice. It is a win win situations for all parties. It is a shame he will never get to play 'proper competitive' soccer. Come to think of it, how come in recent times, there are not too many successful british exports, that are regular for thier clubs. David Becham and Michael Owen come to mind.
Re: Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by BlackMamba(m): 4:49am On Jan 12, 2007
It remains to be seen how the MLS intend to change the negative attitude by most Americans toward soccer as a Major sports. Most still view soccer as a game for kids and girls and mothers as "soccer moms" that take the kids to practice. If the American public refuse to buy into the game, there will be few to no corporate sponsorship, and game will never grow. Not even with Beckham. Remember Pele tried with the New York Cosmos back in the 70's and eventually failed after the public got their fill of his celebrity status.
Re: Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by adconline(m): 5:24am On Jan 12, 2007
Beckham cannot turn MLS around because Americans simply don't like soccer. Its a full 45 minute of play game with no commercials. unlike NFL where there are interruptions for commercials. corporate America will not buy ad spots. Americans like high scoring games. A point in NFL is upped to 6 points with a point for field goal while a goal is a goal in soccer. Americans are very individualistic, so they don't like to share victory- they cannot play a game where there is no winner , as in scoccer- (1-1) draw. Besides, America is opposite of British- does not want to be associated with british traditions.baseball as against cricket, American football as against rugby, episcopal Church=Anglican, electric switch is upside down. Lets remember they incorporate their military might in everything they do, they use draft, offense and defense in NFL. NFL is for strong and muscular athletes with less skills. NFL is a game of speed and collison, while soccer is a game of contact and and skills. SO many differences.

Beckham is over priced because he can never get that kind of deal anywhere but in America where they considered his celebrity status. In soccer,younger and upcoming players get paid higher than oldies, because they will stay longer and have room for improvement but in America, athletes with celebrity status get paid higher- Shaq vs Wade Beckham was laid off by Real Madrid per say.
Re: Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by galatico(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2007
That is very good let him leave so that other players could have a chance to prove their worth I want REAL MADRID to buy this French player Frank Ribbery from Olympic Marsille he would be a good buy.
Re: Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by gaby(m): 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2007
WTF,

Perhaps no one is looking at this from the perspective im seeing it, These guys are simply gonna ruin our beautiful game of soccer, what does Beckham play??He is just too damn over-rated he's not worth what he earns at all soccer-wise, I hope these hip-hop artistes and money bags would leave our soccer alone im waiting for Sepp Blatter's comment on this cos its absolutely outrageous, This is definitely gonna ruin soccer in other parts of the world as especially here in Europe as most star players will be heading Ameri-wards,

Its a sad news for football,
Re: Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by Christino(m): 12:38am On Jan 13, 2007
@ Gaby,

I understand you, but what do you have to say about Al Ittihad, Qatari clubs and even Chelsea?
Re: Beckham Signs Five-year £128million Deal With Los Angeles Galaxy (mls) by gaby(m): 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2007
My bro Chrsitino, the whole matter tire me booooh chelsea and all those qatari clubs will be upping the spending as well and sepp blatter will soon have a whole lot to talk about, Ol boy 4 million Dollars a month no be moi moi ooh besides other endorsements just for free-kick,

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Is The Best / Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad [4 - 1] On Sunday 6th February 2010 / Chelsea Seal Moses deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.