Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Is This Not A Red Flag??? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Not A Red Flag??? (3146 Views)

Newborn Baby Rescued From Drain With A Red Ant Colony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by Gpopsicle(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
;Dbeen laughing since... u know d obvious yet u ask for advise...

let me just continue laughing been laughing since... u know d obvious yet u ask for advice...

let me just continue laughing
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by TheeDetective: 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
Abeg make I laugh small, hehehehe (abeg no vex say i dey laugh o) grin grin grin; the lady get mind o, she raise hand slap your bro and come give am black eye on top shocked shocked shocked; chai; she be tigeress? You’re asking how to deal with her right? Ok don’t give her an audience when she arrives cool cool cool; simple and short. She’ll get the message from there and she’ll know the game is up for her to move on and let your brother be. Your bro better open his eyes wide now and get ride of a person who can’t control her temper; otherwise, he’ll suffer constant abuse in that relationship, based on how you have described the lady in question.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by Gpopsicle(m): 9:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
tartarus:
Just like my ex, she once smashed my s7 edge and then proceeded to almost strangle me. My neck was sore for days undecided
Any form of domestic violence is wrong. Either male or female. I couldn't forgive her after that incident cos it wasn't even the first time.

u try ooo. how long did u keep up with ds kind of physical abuse
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
richyblink1:

He actually earns x3 of her salary so there is no way she will be the one funding their affair. The deal is that she is this type that believes everybody are equal and as such she can do as it pleases her.

She can sit doing nothing and asks him to go get her water from the fridge or something like that. Always want to show that she is equal to him and has to do as she wishes.

I once asked her if she is a feminist for telling me to warn my brother about trying to be head or appear as the boss in their relationship. That they are both human with equal right
And you wanna beg on her behalf? The Lady will frustrate your brother eeehh and distance him from his siblings and parents if married. Better advice your brother to drop her off abeg. Life is too short to allow someone frustrate ya.
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
tartarus:
Just like my ex, she once smashed my s7 edge and then proceeded to almost strangle me. My neck was sore for days undecided
Any form of domestic violence is wrong. Either male or female. I couldn't forgive her after that incident cos it wasn't even the first time.
You dated a wrestler?
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by kidsam: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
Guy, beware!!!!! a husband killer in the making is dating ur younger brother.
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by Idydarling(f): 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
how I'm i sure dis didn't happen to u op, this one wer u get last minute details like this
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by bigcp(m): 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
Joavid:
These threads on nairaland never cease to amaze me.

Your friend is dating a controlling maniac who is also physically abusive, entitled, rude and you are asking us if it's a red flag?

Are your senses still with you even if your friend has lost his?

There is something called breakup

Some topics just defy logic and common sense

leave him...let him be asking stupid questions....u think u r still a kid...na until u go hear say...ur younger brother has been shot(God forbid) na dat time ur brains go reset....no go borrow sense...even my 7yrs old cosine would never ask such stupid n senseless questions...
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by yedidiah(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
I like your brother. If it is the Spirit of the Lord that is at work in Him, then it is a good thing.

Obviously, the girl has alot to learn. I don't also know if your brother is as saintly as you have painted him to be. But that's not the question now.

I am sure he loves her, but love is not powerful enough to sustain a relationship in itself. With time, when it is put undér pressure, it will ask questions. I just hope it won't be too late by then.

I am sure she has her good sides, possibly her problem is one of upbringing or just this misunderstood idea of feminism/ boss lady gibberish that is blowing the heads of our younger sisters nowadays.

But whatever it is, when she comes to you, talk to her; straight talk! and if you notice she is adamant to change, tell your bro to call it quits or ask her for a break for sometime for both of them to go and reassess themselves.

Character flaws must be actively tackled. So if she works on herself. It is obvious they can't go into marriage like this. It is better to nip it in the bud now than live like hell in a cell.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by richyblink1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
Idydarling:
how I'm i sure dis didn't happen to u op, this one wer u get last minute details like this

Lols. I am actually married with kids. So it can't be me.
Thanks for your contribution anyway
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by richyblink1(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
yedidiah:
I like your brother. If it is the Spirit of the Lord that is at work in Him, then it is a good thing.

Obviously, the girl has alot to learn. I don't also know if your brother is as saintly as you have painted him to be. But that's not the question now.

I am sure he loves her, but love is not powerful enough to sustain a relationship in itself. With time, when it is put undér pressure, it will ask questions. I just hope it won't be too late by then.

I am sure she has her good sides, possibly her problem is one of upbringing or just this misunderstood idea of feminism/ boss lady gibberish that is blowing the heads of our younger sisters nowadays.

But whatever it is, when she comes to you, talk to her; straight talk! and if you notice she is adamant to change, tell your bro to call it quits or ask her for a break for sometime for both of them to go and reassess themselves.

Character flaws must be actively tackled. So if she works on herself. It is obvious they can't go into marriage like this. It is better to nip it in the bud now than live like hell in a cell.

Thanka a lot. You made some valid points.

She has her good sides, but very very quick to temper and always want to have her way
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by richyblink1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2017
bigcp:

leave him...let him be asking stupid questions....u think u r still a kid...na until u go hear say...ur younger brother has been shot(God forbid) na dat time ur brains go reset....no go borrow sense...even my 7yrs old cosine would never ask such stupid n senseless questions...

Thought a wise one like you claim would learn to talk like an adult and shun insults.
Grow up

1 Like

Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by richyblink1(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
kidsam:
Guy, beware!!!!! a husband killer in the making is dating ur younger brother.

Lols! So funny
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by richyblink1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
Nma27:
And you wanna beg on her behalf? The Lady will frustrate your brother eeehh and distance him from his siblings and parents if married. Better advice your brother to drop her off abeg. Life is too short to allow someone frustrate ya.

I understand. I think he has gotten the message
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by yedidiah(m): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
richyblink1:

Thanka a lot. You made some valid points.

She has her good sides, but very very quick to temper and always want to have her way
well, if it is temper, then it can be worked on.
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by Idydarling(f): 12:09am On Jan 08, 2017
richyblink1:

Lols. I am actually married with kids. So it can't be me.
Thanks for your contribution anyway
totally unnecessary info Sir, a simple 'yes' or 'no' would've sufficed.
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by richyblink1(m): 7:19am On Jan 08, 2017
Idydarling:
totally unnecessary info Sir, a simple 'yes' or 'no' would've sufficed.

Necessary enough to correct your assumption.

Thanks all the same
Re: Is This Not A Red Flag??? by richyblink1(m): 7:20am On Jan 08, 2017
yedidiah:
well, if it is temper, then it can be worked on.

I hope so. Personally, I have maintained my distance since I am a third party.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This / Please Help! I Smashed The New Lcd Tv! / I Feel As If My Husband Resents Me.....please Comment!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.