Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

"This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today (1318 Views)

African-americans And Covid-19: What's Going On? Racial Injustice? / Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? / What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by ability19: 11:49am On Jan 04, 2017
"This artwork below is so powerful, it depicts what's going on in our society today

People will rather standby to record videos and take pictures to post on social media pages rather than helping a victim in need.------- Mission Babyi"

I saw this post on facebook on the 04-01-2017 at 00:07:57hr and it baffled me, believe me I was moved by the caption but besides the caption something else struck my mind, in a scene, such as in the photo there are so many persons; the victim, the victims relation, the perpetrator and bystanders. It is appealing that individuals in this century would rather find themselves in that scene to post photos and videos on social media platforms than give a helping hand, but it also occurred to me that there would be at least one person in that scene that has the mind to help but would be hadicaped because many question running through their mind;
What do I do?
Who do I call?
Which hospital do I go to?
What happens when I get to the hospital?
What happens if the person dose not make it to the hospital?
Another thing that knocks me off more than staying at a crash scene and taking photos is having these questions pop up at all.
Nigeria at 57 is possibly grown and matured enough to have a national emergency medical service, a functional one at that in every state including the FCT, a system that has a toll free number that citizens can call in case of any emergency whatsoever, an ambulance service with a response time of at most 10 mins with trained medical personnel (Paramedics) to initially stabilize the victims and transport them to the hospital, a good health insurance scheme and legislature that allows for provision of care to citizens in emergency without first requesting for financial compensation in the hospital (something similar to emergency medical treatment and active labor act. EMTALA).
I believe that putting these in place would not only release the mind of the single well meaning Nigerian at an accident scene but would also reduce the time for photos and videos to a maximum of 10 mins. This will inturn reduce mortality and morbidity in the country and improve workforce.

Re: "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by xlextj: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2017
so powerful, pls can u send it to me on whatsapp 08139494341
Re: "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by ability19: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2017
#moving_Paramedics_To_the_next_level
#prevention_medicine_(_theparamedicandme)
#PARAMEDIC_the_great_profession

Re: "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by dayjee: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
True......
Re: "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by ability19: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
xlextj:
Sir I will do as u have instructed. Please spread the news about this profession of great importance THE PARAMEDIC PROFESSION
Re: "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by sweettease(f): 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
xlextj:
Just open this page on ucbrowser and save the pic, or is there something I am missing?
Re: "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by ability19: 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
No you are nt missing any thing just do it. You can copy the write up but I can still send it to. You. If u need it please post this on ur time line to help. Do advocacy on this profession PARAMEDIC and ME you can join our. Group... Prevention medicine (the paramedic and me) on facebook for more info
Re: "This Artwork Is So Powerful, It Depicts What's Going On In Our Society Today by ability19: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2017
Strong tool.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Way You Can Become Free From Malaria, Typhoid, Ulcer And Infection Etc. / How To Lighten Dark Skin Around Your Pubic Area / Any Dangers Of Being A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.