Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women (1261 Views)

Meet Kalengo Kamwendo, Zambia's Youngest Commercial Pilot / How To Get Millions Of Naira Worth Of Grants / Menstruation Law Sparks Debate In Zambia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by suasmablow(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
Zambia has made a provision in the country's
labour law that allows female workers to take off
one day a month known as Mother's Day during their menstruation period, even though it applies to all women, whether or not they have children.
The legal definition is not precise - women can take
the day when they want and do not have to provide
any medical justification, leading some to question the
provision.
"I think it's a good law because women go through
a lot when they are on their menses [periods]," says
Ndekela Mazimba, who works in public relations in an
interview with BBC.
Ms Mazimba is neither married nor does she have
children but she takes her Mother's Day every
month because of her grueling period pains.
"You might find that on the first day of your
menses, you'll have stomach cramps - really bad
stomach cramps. You can take whatever painkillers but end up in bed the whole day.
"And sometimes, you find that someone is irritable
before her menses start, but as they progress, it
gets better. So, in my case, it's just the first day to
help when the symptoms are really bad."
Women in Zambia do not need to make prior
arrangements to be absent from work, but can
simply call in on the day to say they are taking
Mother's Day.
An employer who denies female employees this
entitlement can be prosecuted.

Source: www.versatilereporters.com/2017/01/zambia-grants-mentrual-monthly-holiday.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by dorry62(f): 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
Dunno what to say
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by WatchinginHD(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
Laughing in Chinese
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by ramdris(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
Sat what?
And for the pics of the Lady sleeping...

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by IykeChukz(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
Holla...

Africa!!!
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by madridguy(m): 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by idupaul: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
Not bad, seems Zambia has a caring leadership ,no wonder their current Cy was the best performing currency in Africa for 2016 while ours was the worst second to only Egypt

1 Like

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by Mujaheeeden: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
I stand with all women on this

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by SexyNairalander: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
ok o
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by amicable09(f): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Good one!
I'm in full support of this. Zambia is sure heading to the right side.
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by amicable09(f): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
ramdris:
Sat what?
And for the pics of the Lady sleeping...
Suggest that the picture be changed and not posting that more offensive picture of a man puking.

*Gross!*

suasmablow, please modify and put up a better picture.
Thanks.
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by ramdris(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
amicable09:

Suggest that the picture be changed and not posting that more offensive picture of a man puking.

*Gross!*

suasmablow, please modify and put up a better picture.
Thanks.
Done! See am a gentle dude?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by jashar(f): 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
I need to relocate ASAP. grin
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by amicable09(f): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
ramdris:
Done! See am a gentle dude?
Of a truth, you are cheesy Hope to meet more of your type this year grin
Have a great year!
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by ramdris(m): 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
amicable09:

Of a truth, you are cheesy
Hope to meet more of your type this year grin

Have a great year!
Wao! what a soul touching response. Cool babe...UWC #Noflirting..
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by amicable09(f): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
ramdris:
Wao! what a soul touching response. Cool babe...UWC #Noflirting..
2017... No flirting too! It's a conscious effort on my part you won't understand cheesy
Bye.
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by Adesiji77: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
amicable09:
Good one!

I'm in full support of this.
Zambia is sure heading to the right side.

Like play like play, Africa is embracing the concept. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by Funnyguy83: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
space booked .
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by amicable09(f): 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
Adesiji77:

Like play like play, Africa is embracing the concept. cheesy
You share in my excitement Mr. Adesiji cheesy Indeed Africa is, soon we will here too.
I'm optimistic on this.

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
amicable09:

You share in my excitement Mr. Adesiji cheesy
Indeed Africa is, soon we will here too.

I'm optimistic on this.
I remember you writing on this..
How I was wrong to call you a dreaming girl lady cheesy..
Hopefully, it's implemented in Nigeria sooner than we think smiley.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by amicable09(f): 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

I remember you writing on this..
How I was wrong to call you a dreaming girl lady cheesy..
Hopefully, it's implemented in Nigeria sooner than we think smiley.
I'm smiling here as though Zambia is Nigeria grin

I really look forward to our turn here Shuga. I'll be so glad when it happens. Maybe the happiest person sef cheesy

We need this in Nigeria.
I believe soonest Nigeria will follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by ramdris(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
amicable09:

2017... No flirting too!
It's a conscious effort on my part you won't understand cheesy

Bye.
Sound interesting. Won't mind to find out Dear...wad do ya think?..
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by BellaLuce: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
amicable 09, Wow! You have written an article on this before!

1 Like

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by Bukkiminat(f): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hun...
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by amicable09(f): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
BellaLuce:
amicable 09, Wow! You have written an article on this before!
Lol. Yes cheesy

That you remember something I've done here gladdens my heart grin
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by Ezionye(f): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
Wow!

Dunno wat to say bout this but it sounds good cool
Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by kaboninc(m): 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. Yes cheesy

That you remember something I've done here gladdens my heart grin
Thank you.

Lol.. .i remember too

1 Like

Re: Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women by kaboninc(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
Bukkiminat:
Hun...
If you ask me, I'd say it's ok

Just why won't you like it.. ..eh?

(1) (Reply)

Internship Openings: Nationwide Updates From Teaching Hosp. And Fmcs. / Pilot Training Program / Admission Available For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.