Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,406 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

Please Help Me! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Me! (1427 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me! by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 12, 2007
While in school last year,i and a couple of friends went swimming in a river.be4 we left hwever,2-3rd of us ;gals nd guys said they pee blood usualy d last drop.they gt treated herbally and it seems they got ok.on getting hm hwever,i discoverd mine.i've used ampiclaus and other drugs to no avail.wen i gt fed up i tld my parents nd they tot i ws nuts-though i got treatd herbaly.after sm weeks,it left nd wen my dad askd me i tld hm its gone.But a week afta,it startd again.Please does any1 knw a drug or medicatn i cn use?i dnt wnt 2 tel my folks again.Please i need workable,lasting answers!thanks!!!
Re: Please Help Me! by Eurphoria(f): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2007
yikes , you might have a got this little bug that swims up men's penis from rivers and streams. and it is now eating away your inside, you got to see a doc asap.
Re: Please Help Me! by desiree(f): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2007
ERRRRGHHH!!!

that sounds scary!!

Do as Eurphoria said, run fast to your doctor and forget about herbal remedies!!!
Re: Please Help Me! by mukina2: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2007
go and see ur doc really fast before it turns into something else . . sad
Re: Please Help Me! by ajolayo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2007
@noble_irc,
What you have is most probably Schistosomiasis. It is caused by schistosoma hematobium.
Infected people pee into rivers and release the eggs into the river. The eggs hatch in the water and the larvae are taken up by small snails. These now develop in the snail, leave the snail and penetrate the skin of humans taking their bath in streams and rivers.
It cause terminal hematuria. that is blood in the last bit of ur urine. Not treating it leads to bladder fibrosis and later on Bladder cancer.
Effective treatment is simple and not costly. The drug of choice is Praziquantel.
I advise you do a urine test for ova of schistosoma.

Do not pee into any river or stream as you might pass the infection. And in fact do not swim in rivers or streams.

Thanks
Re: Please Help Me! by Eurphoria(f): 7:43pm On Jan 22, 2007
oh my Gawd shocked shocked after reading the above dude will regret ever asking for help lol that sounds so scarry shocked shocked shocked
Re: Please Help Me! by cyberangel(m): 2:17am On Jan 29, 2007
ajolayo is most likely correct but please do not jump at the drug yet. first of all go for a urine test and make sure the final drops enter into the sterile bottle.its better to get correct and complete diagnosis so that there will be effective treatment because in rare cases i have seen other organisms being responsible for this.
Re: Please Help Me! by HISTY(m): 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2007
while i will not disagree with ajolayo, I will still insist you visit a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment.

you need not be ashamed of anything (it is not an STI)

so seek cure ASAP and avoid unnecessary complications

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Way To Lose Weight: Excessive Jogging Can Cause You To Lose Muscle / Safe S.ex For Lesbians / Nigerian Secondary School Students Invents Cure To Bad Breath Aka Mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.