Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Getting Jobs In South Africa - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Getting Jobs In South Africa (3028 Views)

Many Ways Recruiters Prevent Nigerian Graduate's From Getting Jobs / 3 Misconceptions That Fresh Graduates Make About Getting Jobs In Nigeria / Facts About Getting Jobs Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Jobs In South Africa by FEMARY(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
PLS MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS BASED IN SOUTH AFRICA.HOW DO I GET A JOB IN SA.DO I NEED A WORKING PERMIT?AND WHATS THE COST OF LIVING THERE?WHICH CITY OFFERS MORE OPPORTUNITY?
I AM AN IT PROFESSIONAL(MCP+CCNA).PLS I NEED CANDID OPINION AND INFORMATION.THANK YOU.
Re: Getting Jobs In South Africa by hadexman(m): 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2009
@ Poster, did you check that website i sent you? Yes, you need a work permit. The last time we spoke, you told me you wanna study. Are you going there to study or work?
Re: Getting Jobs In South Africa by vanesa(m): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
Re: Getting Jobs In South Africa by Abeskey: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2009
@ hadexman

I have the intention of travelling to south africa to work.Please whats the possibility.
Re: Getting Jobs In South Africa by hadexman(m): 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2009
Abeskey:

@ hadexman

I have the intention of travelling to south africa to work.Please whats the possibility.

Do you have offer of employment already in South Africa or you just coming in to hustle? Be more specific so that i can advice.
Re: Getting Jobs In South Africa by Abeskey: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ hadexman

I dont have a job offer.I am actually coming in search of greener pasture.I want to do something legit.I am a mechanical engineer with my masters in view.

Please enlighten me
Re: Getting Jobs In South Africa by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2009
Abeskey:

@ hadexman

I dont have a job offer.I am actually coming in search of greener pasture.I want to do something legit.I am a mechanical engineer with my masters in view.

Please enlighten me

U are taking a massive risk, if u can afford the ticket then use it to start something in Nigeria.
Re: Getting Jobs In South Africa by RSA(m): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2009
Abeskey:

@ hadexman

Please enlighten me

Please try couple of this websites for carreer in mechanical engineer in South Africa

http://www.vw.co.za

http://www.mercedes-benzsa.co.za/

My advise will be,apply first before coming.Let me explain something about South Africa when it come to employment.Because of our past(apaartheid) goverment has passed a legislation that encourages or force companies to first employ people in this order 1.Black South African womans,2.Black South African males(this include mix races,South African Asians),3.SA white woman and last SA white male and other people.Remember that is if you're all have the same educational backround and experience.So finding a good job in SA is dificult for any foreign person.
Even if the company is wholly owned by Nigerians they will still abide by those rules.

So good luck my brother

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Got Formation Ltd? / Techmahindra Invite For Customer Support Asst / Trivest Technologies Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.