Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion (1426 Views)

Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse / Pinging/rattling Sound Accord 08 Model / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by stellarsfinest: 10:13am On Jan 05, 2017
Please can anyone help what I can do to stop my car from making ping sound while I apply pressure on motion. I drive a jaguar x type 2003. Some said I need high octane fuel. Some said ignition timing issue. Some said engine temp stuff. Pls can u help?
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by honmusa(m): 11:33am On Jan 05, 2017
stellarsfinest:
Please can anyone help what I can do to stop my car from making ping sound while I apply pressure on motion. I drive a jaguar x type 2003. Some said I need high octane fuel. Some said ignition timing issue. Some said engine temp stuff. Pls can u help?
Run scan on it na to see if u can get any clue cos the issue is between ignition ,fuel and air (air leak )
If you are in Lagos ,u can take it to autologic @Gbagada for professional diagnosis.
call 08061166316.
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
honmusa:

Run scan on it na to see if u can get any clue cos the issue is between ignition ,fuel and air (air leak )
If you are in Lagos ,u can take it to autologic @Gbagada for professional diagnosis.
call 08061166316.

why be say all ur own na run a scan..cant u make meanignful contribution to help a nairalander in need of advice or assistance...this your hunger no be here o...emulate gazzuzz, nurey, mayor and co jare.....

1 Like

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by nurey(m): 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hayjaycity:

why be say all ur own na run a scan..cant u make meanignful contribution to help a nairalander in need of advice or assistance...this your hunger no be here o...emulate gazzuzz, nurey, mayor and co jare.....

He is not far from the truth, with the description seems it's a power train issue, running a scan will actually narrow down the issue to a point instead of trial and error.

Op, your jaguar is not an everyday car, I would advice you scan the car first, then let a trusted mechanic give advice. With his diagnosis come online and we will let you know the steps the mechanic should take to help you.

1 Like

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by honmusa(m): 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hayjaycity:

You are too dumb to understand simple analysis
I have already spelt it out (air ,fuel ,spark ) ,so do u still need somebody that will minute- feed you with by mentioning all available more than 100 spare parts that is connected to a power train system .Obd2 management has simplify issue for you .If you are illiterate on obd2 system go for training instead of encouraging trial and error of mentioning of parts .I dont encourage mediocrity and waste of time and resources .my aim is speedy resolution of ops issue with the least resource at the shortest time as possible, I don't owe you any any long epistle .

3 Likes

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 06, 2017
stellarsfinest:

OP, you can still do some troubleshooting without a scan. Sure, get a scan/scanner if you can. A scanner is permanently mounted and plugged into the OBD2 port in my daily driver and offers me on the spot performance and diagnostic information.

Pinging on acceleration.

If it were me here's what I would be looking at.

1) Gasoline. A lower octane gas would cause pinging. If it started occurring right after a fill up then I might suspect bad gas and replace the bad gas ASAP. Pinging, when sustained can lead to engine failure.

2) Timing. On most modern cars the timing is automatically adjusted by the ECU. So even in case of bad gas, the ECU should have "pulled" timing. But as you know computer fails.

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:07am On Jan 06, 2017
honmusa:

You are too dumb to understand simple analysis
I have already spelt it out (air ,fuel ,spark ) ,so do u still need somebody that will minute- feed you with by mentioning all available more than 100 spare parts that is connected to a power train system .Obd2 management has simplify issue for you .If you are illiterate on obd2 system go for training instead of encouraging trial and error of mentioning of parts .I dont encourage mediocrity and waste of time and resources .my aim is speedy resolution of ops issue with the least resource at the shortest time as possible, I don't owe you any any long epistle .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4694149_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4694149_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71

grin grin grin grin

Even if he went half savage.. It is obvious my guy is still a savage.. Hungry man.... The truth hurt him badly.... Help me ask am my Keke napep too dey ping if I apply pressure, should I come run a scan for hin workshop? !!!
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by honmusa(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2017
Hayjaycity:

Even if he went half savage.. It is obvious my guy is still a savage.. Hungry man.... The truth hurt him badly.... Help me ask am my Keke napep too dey ping if I apply pressure, should I come run a scan for hin workshop? !!!
You are just too ignorant ,maybe I will need to tell you the place of diagnosis/scanning in treating the issue.
Pinging is experience whenever there is imcomplete combustion of charges (air and fuel ) probably due to insufficient or too much of spark or due to extremely rich or lean mixture .
Diagnosis :Check for presence of extremely rich or lean mixture with your scan tool live data stream .
check for presence of ignition misfire with scan tool or oscilloscope .

1 Like

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 06, 2017
honmusa:

You are just too ignorant ,maybe I will need to tell you the place of diagnosis/scanning in treating the issue.
Pinging is experience whenever there is imcomplete combustion of charges (air and fuel ) probably due to insufficient or too much of spark or due to extremely rich or lean mixture .
Diagnosis :Check for presence of extremely rich or lean mixture with your scan tool live data stream .
check for presence of ignition misfire with scan tool or oscilloscope .

In case you don't know.. I'm a fully trained auto technician Dat got a comprehensive training with Auto-medics Ltd fully sponsored by OANDO... Im not arguing with with what u posted in your epistle, you are very much right... What I'm saying is I have observed over time from your past post Dat you Ave never proffered basis self solution to people's issues on deir vehicles here, you will rather ignore if it has nothing to do with such scanning which you can make money from. That's what sets GAZZUZZ and co apart.. Many people have learnt a lot from them without seeing them one on one.. I'm not a full fledged practicing auto technician though, but there is nothing anyone here can mention in auto related issues that I don't know..
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by mayor2013: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hayjaycity:

In case you don't know.. I'm a fully trained auto technician Dat got a comprehensive training with Auto-medics Ltd fully sponsored by OANDO... Im not arguing with with what u posted in your epistle, you are very much right... What I'm saying is I have observed over time from your past post Dat you Ave never proffered basis self solution to people's issues on deir vehicles here, you will rather ignore if it has nothing to do with such scanning which you can make money from. That's what sets GAZZUZZ and co apart.. Many people have learnt a lot from them without seeing them one on one.. I'm not a full fledged practicing auto technician though, but there is nothing anyone here can mention in auto related issues that I don't know..

Give this man some cold beer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by mayor2013: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
@ op also make sure you run a scan as well. You could have a bad fuel right in your fuel tank, also you could have a faulty knock sensor

1 Like

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
mayor2013:

Give this man some cold beer

I'm already chilling out under the mango tree boss... God bless our hustles!!!
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by mayor2013: 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hayjaycity:

I'm already chilling out under the mango tree boss... God bless our hustles!!!

Where is the bartender?
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by honmusa(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hayjaycity:

In case you don't know.. I'm a fully trained auto technician Dat got a comprehensive training with Auto-medics Ltd fully sponsored by OANDO... Im not arguing with with what u posted in your epistle, you are very much right... What I'm saying is I have observed over time from your past post Dat you Ave never proffered basis self solution to people's issues on deir vehicles here, you will rather ignore if it has nothing to do with such scanning which you can make money from. That's what sets GAZZUZZ and co apart.. Many people have learnt a lot from them without seeing them one on one.. I'm not a full fledged practicing auto technician though, but there is nothing anyone here canl mention in auto related issues that I don't know..
OANDO as really wasted money sponsoring somebody like you for training .What is your contribution to the ops issue at hand ?Nothing .Instead prefer to be ranting anyhow and derailing the thread .If you don't have anything to contribute why don't you maintain silence and make space for intelligent contribution cos if you have something upstairs as claimed ,you would have mentioned something for the ops to hold to .
Secondly ,I have already nailed the direction for the issue to check by going for diagnoses so if you are trained as you claimed I am sure LJ ,Ben and Kunle will never be proud of having such a dull student passing through their system cos this kind of issue is too simple for their student not to know the first procedure in handling such .
Lastly ,I am proud to state that through this platform ,I have be able to resolve many issue that I cant even keep count of and there is a lot of feedbacks from such people showing gratitude as I can readily dig out such thread .So show me any evidence of anybody that you have helped with your so -called automechanic skill that OANDO has gracious sponsored you if it is not waste.
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by Chibzee2: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
warrrrrrrrrr START!!!!
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
honmusa:

OANDO as really wasted money sponsoring somebody like for training .What is your contribution to the ops issue at hand ?Nothing .Instead prefer to be ranting anyhow and derailing the thread .If you don't have anything to contribute why don't you maintain silence and make space for intelligent contribution cos if you have something upstairs as claimed ,you would have mentioned something for the ops to hold to .
Secondly ,I have already nailed the direction for the issue to check by going for diagnoses so if you are trained as you claimed I am sure LJ ,Ben and Kunle will never be proud of having such a dull student passing through their system cos this kind of issue is too simple for their student not to know the first procedure in handling such

I keep saying it... Your hunger no be here o.. Don't worry.. E go better, how much be scanning for your "workchop"?

1 Like

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by honmusa(m): 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hayjaycity:

I keep saying it... Your hunger no be here o.. Don't worry.. E go better, how much be scanning for your "workchop"?
Lastly ,I am proud to state that through this platform ,I have
be able to resolve many issue that I cant even keep count of
and there is a lot of feedbacks from such people showing
gratitude as I can readily dig out such thread .So show me
any evidence of anybody that you have helped with your so
called automechanic skill that OANDO has gracious
sponsored you if it is not a waste.
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by honmusa(m): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
stellarsfinest:
If you are in Lagos ,I will give you a free diagnosis if you can make it to my workshop @Gbagada by next week.
Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by honmusa(m): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hayjaycity:

Re: Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion by depair: 6:39am On Jan 07, 2017
i hope ds free diagnosis no be forceful things cos as i dey see am na 1st time be ds.

anyhow good gesture

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This N1.5billion Aspark Owl Goes From 0-62 MPH In Just 2 Seconds (photos) / Watch The Moment A Nissan Is Lifted Into The Air When An Audi R8 Smashes Into It / 2019 Toyota Corolla To Get A Hatchback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.