Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse (1115 Views)

My Car Slips From Park Gear / How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? / Locked Shifter: What To Do When Your Gear Lever Can’t Shift From Park Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse by Sharmeenator(m): 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hey guys! My Honda Accord Baby boy makes a small crank sound when I move the gear from park to reverse. It doesn't make the sound when I move from park to drive or neutral and vice versa. It only makes the sound when I move from park to reverse. The driving is smooth, no issue regarding transmission yet, just the silent sound.

What could be the cause? My mechanic can't tell what the problem is and I don't want him to mess with my transmission.

Ps: Least I forget, we did some body works that involved turning the car by the side two weeks ago.

Please help a brother
Re: Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse by mayor2013: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
Sharmeenator:
Hey guys! My Honda Accord Baby boy makes a small crank sound when I move the gear from park to reverse. It doesn't make the sound when I move from park to drive or neutral and vice versa. It only makes the sound when I move from park to reverse. The driving is smooth, no issue regarding transmission yet, just the silent sound.

What could be the cause? My mechanic can't tell what the problem is and I don't want him to mess with my transmission.

Ps: Least I forget, we did some body works that involved turning the car by the side two weeks ago.

Please help a brother

Does it make same sound when you reverse only. What about going from drive to reverse
Re: Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse by Sharmeenator(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
@mayor2013 It makes the sound only from park to reverse nothing else
Re: Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse by mayor2013: 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
Sharmeenator:
@mayor2013 It makes the sound only from park to reverse nothing else

Check your gearbox mount. Like wise check your engine mounts
Re: Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse by Sharmeenator(m): 10:28am On Jan 24, 2018
mayor2013:

Check your gearbox mount. Like wise check your engine mounts

I will have them checked. Thanks man!

(1) (Reply)

Radiator Fans Don't Work When AC Is On / Registered Toyota Corolla '07 For Sale / Does Running The Air Conditioner In Your Car Use Additional Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.