Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? (15021 Views)

Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe Oghara School Fees 2018/2019 For ND And HND / Labour market: No Discrimination Between HND And Bsc In Architecture / The Polytechnic Ibadan 2017/2018 ND And HND Admission Processing Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by highbee02: 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
proffemi:

Drop out of the ND, and focus on the Unilag programme.

This is a 100% true story: I once had a student who was running his HND in Yabatech concurrently with his BSc programme with us. I only found out when I invited him for a chat(he was on probation). Sadly, Yabatech tossed him when they found out he was a student of OAU [this is what he told me!! I don't know how Yabatech found out!]. As at the time we had our chat, he had just been tossed, and was quite depressed. According to him, he got to HND 2 in Yabatach. Long story short, his "probation" in OAU eventually because "termination of studentship" due to poor performance.

AFAIK, per JAMB, it is illegal to run two programmes in tertiary institutions concurrently.

Thank you

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
There is no way you can run the two simultaneously.. ..it is practically impossible.. ..it is either you abandon one and go for the other or go for one and RUNS (if you know what I mean) the second one.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by oludarekehinde(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
My advice for you is to go for the both.

OND in todays nigeria will easily get you a job & experience you will use in getting Bsc job, and remember getting Bsc job may take you 2 to 3 year in todays Nigeria.

Talking from experience.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by petux(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
proffemi:

Drop out of the ND, and focus on the Unilag programme.

This is a 100% true story: I once had a student who was running his HND in Yabatech concurrently with his BSc programme with us. I only found out when I invited him for a chat(he was on probation). Sadly, Yabatech tossed him when they found out he was a student of OAU [this is what he told me!! I don't know how Yabatech found out!]. As at the time we had our chat, he had just been tossed, and was quite depressed. According to him, he got to HND 2 in Yabatach. Long story short, his "probation" in OAU eventually because "termination of studentship" due to poor performance.

AFAIK, per JAMB, it is illegal to run two programmes in tertiary institutions concurrently.

whaoh thanks bro
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by DOWHILE: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
@OP, u can actually run both. However, if you by any chance discovered that the ND programme might distract you from studying harder in the Uni programme, then you've gotta gerrout of Yabatech. Trust me, there is nothing as good as graduating with a good grade in this era.........If i were you, I'll run both though(A man can accomplish anything if he believes).
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by afope: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
i will advise you run the two programs. It will pay off in the long run.

I did the same thing. I ran my HND in Ilaro and my BSC in OAU concurrently. I even served with my HND while in 400 levels in OAU. It was tough, very tough but the rewards are immense. You must study hard,have pals who will assist you sign attendance sheet and do some leg works when u are not in school etc and you must be well above average academically.

The rewards-
1. You can work anywhere...
2. The stress will prepare you for real life stress when u start working
3. Get more invitation for interviews as interviewers will be curious to meet you to explain to them how you manage the two
4. strong point for you during interview when the interviewer ask you if you can cope with work stress
etc

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Lanretoye(m): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
since it is the same course,it's an advantage for you like having two lectures on a course...when u channel ur effort in one direction,you are likely to perform better.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by ezefrank87(m): 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
tempex88:
I don't get it. i even thought it was learning tailoring and going to school. Ur ND is useless once u have ur bsc
U can't be too sure....most persons with masters are still living large from their nd results.....nd isn't useless bro,from experience
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
drop the nd its a useless since you have bsc. What Fellowship Had Light With Darkness?
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by okotope: 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
The candid truth is that there will be clashes. I know someone who tried and could not. Lectures in Yaba and Unilag are in the morngs, except Yaba is part time or you won't be attending lectures at one end and write exams....what of attendance and tests? My candid opinion is face your Unilag squarely. Best of luck
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Joiceee(f): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Itz lyk u would b in ND2 this semester if so, i would advice u go 4 d both but make sure u pay more attention to ur ND, because for uni even if u ave carryover u can stil do it d ffg year buh Ur ND any carryover nw is an extra year.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by sirqeeboi(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
If u know u can do the two together. .Ave seen a person running two bsc together one in ilorin the other lagos
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by charlexarmani(m): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
petux:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am currently in a dilenma which i don't know what chioce to make. Currently, i am a student of yabatech, still in ND1. Due to our late resumption, i picked up another jamb and fortunately for me, i was admitted to Unilag for the same course i am studying in yabatech. I really dont know if runing the two might be good for me or leaving my ND programme for Bsc. I met with some people who have graduated and ask for advices. Some told me to run both since they are not far from each other while some told me to leave yabatech so it affect both. Up till now, i have not made a decision. I decided to come bk here and ask for your advices on what to do about this as unilag will be starting lectures fully on Monday. Your comment will be appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi
bro i wil advice to go 2 unilag since dey gave u d course u were offerin in yabatech jst 4 u 2 save ur scarce resources
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Spainze007(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
What is wrong with this one, do u even kw the course

tempex88:
I don't get it. i even thought it was learning tailoring and going to school. Ur ND is useless once u have ur bsc
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by gr8cany: 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
My dear my candid input here is for you to examine your capabilities:
1. finance
2. IQ
3. stress tolerance/threshold.
If you possess more than 60% in the above three, do not hesitate to take the two
and firmly hold onto God never to allow their exam timetable to clash within the period.

otherwise, simply go for the BSC.

I will point out this to you that, i was still running my HND course when i got a direct entry BSC program both in the same course.
today i have my HND, served, and to complete my BSC this year. i have and shall have no regret acquiring them because to mention a few both experience is an exceptional pride, can give you aegis in poly and as well in uni.

"Best advice is that, that you sat down think, think...and give to urself"
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Wuminity(f): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
First of all, what course are you going for.

Think of it, if it is an engineering course, or an environmental studies, i would rather you go for the polytechnic.

But if it is management course or others, then i think you should go for the UNI then.

And if you think you have the capacity to combine both, then do it........ But before that, you will need to check how the two schools operate to see if their exams dont fall at the same time.

My one cent though.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by baba11(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
2kaybiel:
for disparity sake, go for unilag.

however, if you find yourself capable of running the two together, I will urge you to run it bcoz there are some cases that your ND may get you job before your BSc/HND gets you one
I did similar thing and i believe you too can do likewise...Where the onus lies now is doing the same course for both OND and Bsc..the ball is in your court on this.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by basmur(m): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
you ve got to be careful...as it is against many institution rule for student to be running 2 or more academic programmes concurrently, its penalty is mostly outright expulsion. i will advise you to choose your most preferred choice, I pray GOD lead u through.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Abeos(m): 9:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
I would advise you to weigh the possibility of you running both. Since ND just takes 2 years, I think you can cope however, if u start witnessing otherwise I will advise you to drop d ND immediately. Especially when tests and exam clashes
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by moshould(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
no be small stress o
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
adesewa4uyahoo:
U can combine the 2....since Nd is just a 2yrs course.. It's cool if you can combine... My younger sister combined her NCE with B.Ed...you can do so as well.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by fegeh2345: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Bro pls go for bsc cus Nd will be useless after your gainin ur bsc
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by olubenjazzy(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
tempex88:

Lol really?

It's not useless and will never be

But I will not advice him to run d 2 at once because it's never going to be easy.

Test, exams and other important stuffs in sku might clash.

I'm a polytechnic student I know d stress involve. Just go for d Unilag than running both at once
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by PROPAGANDIST(m): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
don't need to comment much. running the 2 programs is a serious mental stress. Trust me seen pple that tried bt it didn't work out for them. dnt punish urself, jst go for d bsc.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Seun4blue(m): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
I will advise you to get more advice from journalists or public relations officers or advertising agents, people who know more about this, they will advise you to run both,
1. Quality of BSC is undisputable
2. Practical class in ND is uncomparable
So think twice
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Agent470(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
Oga go for the B.Sc. I was in your shoes and i decided to bite more than I could chew...
Lectures must clash, you will miss tests and assignments, not to talk of exams. Don't be greedy. Make a good grade in your B.Sc aand pray to God for a job.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Longman6(m): 12:17am On Jan 06, 2017
petux:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am currently in a dilenma which i don't know what chioce to make. Currently, i am a student of yabatech, still in ND1. Due to our late resumption, i picked up another jamb and fortunately for me, i was admitted to Unilag for the same course i am studying in yabatech. I really dont know if runing the two might be good for me or leaving my ND programme for Bsc. I met with some people who have graduated and ask for advices. Some told me to run both since they are not far from each other while some told me to leave yabatech so it affect both. Up till now, i have not made a decision. I decided to come bk here and ask for your advices on what to do about this as unilag will be starting lectures fully on Monday. Your comment will be appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi

In as much as i envy your decision to seek out better opportunities to further increase your chances in life, i find it difficult to reconcile the logic behind your dilemma and some of the funny advice you are receiving here, why go to different institutions to study the same course?if you ask me thats not reasonable at all!,if they were two different courses maybe there would have been an angle to it.

In an era where people who have MSC are siting at home, some folks are telling you ND would be of advantage!, to secure which kind of job?

You just want to put yourself into unnecessary confusion and distress at such an early age, OP why?

How would you sell your story to an HR when asked why you went ahead to complete two different degrees in the same disciple at the same time?

No truly successful person does this kind of task, successful persons stick to a path and divert when necessary not waste time pursuing unnecessary things..Go to the university stab Yaba tech
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by petux(m): 12:26am On Jan 06, 2017
Longman6:

In as much as i envy your decision to seek out better opportunities to further increase your chances in life, i find it difficult to reconcile the logic behind your dilemma and some of the funny advice you are receiving here, why go to different institutions to study the same course?if you ask me thats not reasonable at all!,if they were two different courses maybe there would have been an angle to it.

In an era where people who have MSC are siting at home, some folks are telling you ND would be of advantage!, to secure which kind of job?

You just want to put yourself into unnecessary confusion and distress at such an early age, OP why?

How would you sell your story to an HR when asked why you went ahead to complete two different degrees in the same disciple at the same time?

No truly successful person does this kind of task, successful persons stick to a path and divert when necessary not waste time pursuing unnecessary things..Go to the university stab Yaba tech
thanks bro have decided nt to run the two
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by capphil: 4:21am On Jan 06, 2017
g

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by purpledferanmi1: 10:24am On Jan 06, 2017
so u really nid to think abt it, left to me i will urge u go for bsc, since that's what nigerians recognizes as d real degree. no disrespect to those doing the diploma courses.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by RandomHero(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
afope:
i will advise you run the two programs. It will pay off in the long run.

I did the same thing. I ran my HND in Ilaro and my BSC in OAU concurrently. I even served with my HND while in 400 levels in OAU. It was tough, very tough but the rewards are immense. You must study hard,have pals who will assist you sign attendance sheet and do some leg works when u are not in school etc and you must be well above average academically.

The rewards-
1. You can work anywhere...
2. The stress will prepare you for real life stress when u start working
3. Get more invitation for interviews as interviewers will be curious to meet you to explain to them how you manage the two
4. strong point for you during interview when the interviewer ask you if you can cope with work stress
etc

I wish I could also do this, but monetary constraints. Already paid acceptance, school fee and house rent in Ilaro for HND when UI came calling. Struggling to raise fees for UI now.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by afope: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
RandomHero:

I wish I could also do this, but monetary constraints. Already paid acceptance, school fee and house rent in Ilaro for HND when UI came calling. Struggling to raise fees for UI now.

please do everything u can to raise money and go for it. u will not regret it. if u MUST chose one option due to financial constraints, please choose U.I

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Duoye Diri Honours NDU's First Female First Class Law Graduate, Ebizi Eradiri / Prospectus And Fee Structure Of Universities In China / President Jonathan's Mother Donates Hostel To Fed. University Otuoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.